Ghost in the Shell cast photos apparently leak

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Dansen said:
They all look mostly fine. Borma looks nothing like the original but he is a nothing character so I'm okay with it. He still has eye augments so I'm cool. Now, Batou, if that actor demanded that they ditch the cyber eyes I might actually ditch the movie just on that, Borma has them so their is no reason that Batou shouldn't have them. They better show up in post production. My final gripe is the Togusa casting choice. He is supposed to be the rookie of the team and a father of an infant child. He looks like he's in his late fifties, he would be more suited to being an old veteran if the team had someone like that. No Paz :(

Not sure why this forum has so many people that loath Johansson, say what you will about her skill as an actor, I've never found any of her performances to be particularly offensive. I think she is capable of pulling off The Major, but only time will tell if she can do it justice.
This +1
Batou needs his metal eyes.
Togusa needs either his mullet or his 6 o'clock Mateba, ideally both but at least one.

Always loved Ishikawa's grandpa look - especially when he's busting heads - and although it's a change, at least in that picture the guy is close enough.

Also; yes Motoko Kusanagi is Japanese but the manga was clear that she uses a body with the appearance of a standard production model robot and none of the anime contradicts that. Perhaps the purpose is to make it difficult for a witness or adversary to identify her, perhaps it's an implied statement about losing her individuality by becoming a machine (or a soldier) but ultimately there's no getting around the fact that surface or subtext it's not her body and there's zero reason for it to even remotely resemble her original self.