Ghost of Tsushima is now coming in June 26 2020 and a new trailer.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's been a while Sucker Punch. Let's hope you bring the same crunchy action you did with Infamous 1 and 2. And let's all ignore the Second Son stuff ever happened.

Also, I totally expected this come out around September, so yay.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Samtemdo8 said:

If only I had a PS4 of my own :(
I thought you had you were to buy now. If not it's understandable. Did you try during Black Friday?

I will be putting money down for September. My brother might also want this for his birthday. Game is looking great. I'll do three playthroughs of this. I will be on normal , but the first playthrough will be in English. The second playthrough be on the Japanese dub. And a third will be on the hardest difficulty. Let's go Sucker Punch!

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
It's honestly hard to get excited for this as I've yet to see like an hour long demo/dev walkthrough. I have no idea what the moment-to-moment gameplay is going to be like or even what the combat system is like.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Now, sure, I'm excited. I'm likely to play it.

But I don't understand how people in the comments section can be claiming it as a GOTY contender when not only is it not out, but we've barely even seen it.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Noice! Been looking forward to this one for a while! Glad to see it's out a few months before I anticipated.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Silvanus said:

But I don't understand how people in the comments section can be claiming it as a GOTY contender when not only is it not out, but we've barely even seen it.
Nothing more than Sony fanboys and bootlickers. I'm excited for the game too, but I'm not just going to label the game GOTY willy nilly. If anything is on my possible GOTY right now is SOR4.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I was hoping for another gameplay demonstration considering the last one was almost 2 years ago. As neat as the premise is the last demo just looked like a Batman Arkham copy and I'm hoping for more than that.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Wow these English voices with weird accents are so...awkward. It has a very inauthentic feel that makes it seem to me as though it's meant for normies, if that makes sense. It feels like the american style of sushi or chinese food that only really exists in america (california roll is not a thing in japan), this is that sort of samurai game.

Will prolly give it a fair chance though as I adore the themes. I'm just too used to the authentic stuff and have a bunch of expectations is all.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Dreiko said:
Wow these English voices with weird accents are so...awkward. It has a very inauthentic feel that makes it seem to me as though it's meant for normies, if that makes sense. It feels like the american style of sushi or chinese food that only really exists in america (california roll is not a thing in japan), this is that sort of samurai game.

Will prolly give it a fair chance though as I adore the themes. I'm just too used to the authentic stuff and have a bunch of expectations is all.
You could always switch over to Japanese audio...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-13-ghost-of-tsushima-will-have-japanese-audio-track

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CoCage said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I thought you had you were to buy now. If not it's understandable. Did you try during Black Friday?

I will be putting money down for September. My brother might also want this for his birthday. Game is looking great. I'll do three playthroughs of this. Moto x will be on normal , but the first playthrough will be English job. The second playthrough be on the Japanese dub. And a third will be on the hardest difficulty. Let's go Sucker Punch!
Don't have a steady income at the moment.

And I am waiting for the PS5 being Backwards Compatible with the PS4.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Samtemdo8 said:
CoCage said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I will be putting money down for September. My brother might also want this for his birthday. Game is looking great. I'll do three playthroughs of this. Moto x will be on normal , but the first playthrough will be English job. The second playthrough be on the Japanese dub. And a third will be on the hardest difficulty. Let's go Sucker Punch!
Don't have a steady income at the moment.

And I am waiting for the PS5 being Backwards Compatible with the PS4.
No worries.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Silvanus said:

Yeah I am interested in this game. But I have no clue WTF it even is. I know the setting, but i have no longer idea about how it plays, what kind of game it's trying to be, etc.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seems like an open world samurai ninja thing I guess. Infamous 1/2 were fun because the super power were fun, even just moving around the city was great. But if you were to take that out they'd be very "meh" story/character weren't really interesting and mission variety was pretty lacking.

I guess if it could be like sekiro, but more stealth focus (and less parry focus) it could be interesting.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Dreiko said:

It would be far from the first game to do the "Speaking with an accent even though they're all really speaking another language" trope. Assassin's Creed pulls it all the time(though Unity made it weird by giving everyone a British Accent and then throwing in French words).

I'm fine with it either way, considering I'm playing Sekiro right now and all of the English Voice cast speak with American Accents. As long as they keep it consistent since I already know it's Translation convention at work.

What makes it weird is in situations when certain words end up being untranslated, which just makes it confusing. So hopefully GoT doesn't end up doing that.

I also hope the gameplay loop is fun and interesting with some kind of engaging plot and not just Open World with Samurai.