Ghostbusters - The Board Game Review - Who Ya Gonna Call?

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Ghostbusters - The Board Game Review - Who Ya Gonna Call?

Ghostbusters: The Board Game is a reverent addition to the Ghostbusters legacy, without relying too heavily on nostalgia.

Read Full Article

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
I have a friend who played this with his roommates. He's a huge fan of Ghostbusters in general, but his roomies weren't; despite this, everyone had a blast. I'm looking forward to playing it with him!

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
As someone who Kickstarted this game, it's nice to see some positive buzz surrounding this game, and I'm happy that the people who're buying it at retail are reporting a positive experience. There have been... issues relating to getting backer rewards to people in a timely fashion, and the expected ship date has been pushed back a couple months to "before the end of the year". Needless to say, there's a lot of bile in the comments section.

I take solace in the fact that, not only is it (apparently) a decent game, but my kickstarting it means I'll be receiving a metaphorical crapload of components that you will not be able to purchase at retail, including but not limited to : ~3x as many Ghostbusters; additional ghosts and boss types, including ghostly cab drivers, Cathulu, and The Boogieman, as well as a full set of red plastic variants for use in the (also kickstarter exclusive) Impossible mode. Why did Cryptozoic decide that the number of exclusives should outnumber what will be available at retail? Who can say. Still, if you find you enjoy the game, I'd definitely recommend keeping an eye on eBay going into the new year, because there's plenty more game if you've got the dosh.