Giant Squid Invade Florida

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
If you've ever looked even slightly below the surface of the ocean, you'd know that 2/3 of the entire planet should be marked "Here there be monsters". Migration, damaged habitat, or dumb luck... I wonder why this one went so far.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Russ Pitts said:
The squid is was transported to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, then handed to a team from the University of Florida for further study. No news yet if Florida maps will be updated to proclaim "Here there be monsters."
In an unrelated story, everyone's invited for fried squid at the University of Florida's oceanographic research department tomorrow from 6-8 pm.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
It's not a squid; it's just an alien that looks like squid.

By killing it, Mister Benz, you will bring down the wrath of this warrior race upon us.

You've doomed Earth.

I hope you're happy.

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
Xaryn Mar said:
So one of my minions got caught and committed suicide as ordered... Excellent.
The title of this thread, plus your comment, made my day sir. It proves he's out there... Davy Jones :O

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Scabadus said:
Russ Pitts said:
According to Van Os, the fisherman "did a good job" catching the squid and bringing him to shore for study, saying it was "really good they recognized what they had."
What's all this about Study? Personally, I wouldn't feel safe in assuming that the fishermen didn't work up an appetite hauling the giant, evil sea monster ashore.
Giant squid taste awful. Stupid high amounts of ammonia in the flesh

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
This is why I have a phobia of the deep ocean. These things can show up anywhere. *shudder*

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
It's a shame we have no way to study them while they're alive... except perhaps traveling out into the ocean with a MASSIVE plastic container and catching a squid in there... and then simulating the currents and whatnot! It'd be a really extensive and improbable project, but they could do it! Maybe!

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
savageoblivi0n said:
i have this sudden mysterious craving for calamari o.0

awesome stuff though..especially for an everyday fisherman to make a find like that
That was my first thought when I read the line "The squid is was transported to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, then handed to a team from the University of Florida." I finished that line with the words "Where they cut it up and fried it in oil...."

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
First thought: I once caught a squid... THIS BIG!

Second thought: Well this is what we get for killing so many sharks.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
coldfrog said:
If you've ever looked even slightly below the surface of the ocean, you'd know that 2/3 of the entire planet should be marked "Here there be monsters". Migration, damaged habitat, or dumb luck... I wonder why this one went so far.
Why do you think I will never, ever, set foot in one of those trenches?

Here there be monsters indeed.

Oh and Cthulhu.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Should a squid inavde the UK I will turn the cooker on, I like eating squid!

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I'm pretty sure giant squid only exist dead or near-death.

Seriously, we never seem to be able to keep even 1 alive for more than a few minutes.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
TimeLord said:
We're doomed! Wait... Florida is doomed!
*arms the nukes to defend the UK*
Nah, it will be us to train these demons and use them in a new era of marine warfare!!!
Mwahahahaha-hackhorf!
*clears throat*

Your nukes will not save you from the squid nation!

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Russ Pitts said:
Giant Squid Invade Florida
Such an important news that the Editor-in-Chief had to come down from his throne and write the news post himself, lest his minions do a botched job, eh? ;)

Also, I'm still confused about whether your avatar is a picture of Kane or Paul Giamatti.

Yes, I know, terrible sight.