Gifts you weren't too fond of.

Akkiko

Dec 14, 2009
A WoW demo CD.

I'm an FFXI player and childishly involved in that little ongoing war.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Ziadaine said:
irn-bru? I'm guessing it's an American energy drink or something.
I'm an American, and I can tell you, it's not an American energy drink. It is, however, a British energy drink. Something I learned when I visited Britain.

OT. Christmas themed Christmas gifts. Like a Christmas sweater. Thanks. Not only would I never wear a Christmas sweater anyways, but why give me a Christmas sweater on Christmas? when it would have the potential to come in handy for all of... the rest of the day.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Clothes. A couple times my parents got me T-shirts with a funny message on them. I hate those kind of shirts, than everyone you talk to just wants to know what your shirt says, I hate that. I'm the kind of guy that will go to the store, buy a package of white T-shirts and call it good.

Once I got a Clapper(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clapper) So useless.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Romblen said:
Same here. For instance, I hate football (English football) so what did my family chip in to get me once? The whole god forsaken Arsenal home kit (shirt, shorts, stupid looking socks, studded trainers, etc.

NONE of them bought me Sonic 2, the most highly anticipated game ever at the time.

Then to add insult to injury they made me wear it all night and took photos of me.

I still hate my family for it. I mean, who the hell buys a 9 year-old, game-a-holic boy football clothes and thinks he'll appreciate it?

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
my birthday before last, my family gave me an issue of MAD magazine, which I hadn't read for about 12 years.

They just dropped it on my lap and said "Happy birthday" without even turning off the tv.

that was all I got too.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Ziadaine said:
Its from scotland.

OT: A hat that doesnt fit.

RogueRunner said:
MorsePacific said:
I'm pretty grateful for any gift I receive. It's never about the material stuff.
I'm pretty much this but my mom bought me a PS3 controller... for my xbox lol fail
At least she had your interest at heart! She just didnt think about it very much.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Blindrooster said:
a key finder for my car keys. you whistle to activate it. i cant whistle
Likewise, but in reverse. I love to whistle, so it's going off constantly (which is getting to be quite annoying).

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
My monitor, i was completely fine with my other monitor with huge thing sticking out of it's behind /:
I rather have that and money than a flat screen...
But that's just me... nonetheless better than what most get every Christmas so i guess i should be happy i got something
I wish my mom just get me money for Christmas though...

Blackadder51

Escapecraft Operator
Jun 25, 2009
A shirt and panadol (injoke) from my gf, compared to 9k gold necklace and pendant/choclate that i got her -.-

brumby

Jan 7, 2009
Impersonal stuff like Box's of chocolates or gift vouchers to department stores.

I do my best to act surprised and excited tho.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Digital clock(s)

When my dad went on a business trip abroad, i asked him to bring me something back, and what he got me was a digital clock. Whats even funnier is that he did that 4 (four) times. I guess he has a digital clock fetish or really resents that i sleep until noon. I hope its the latter.

brumby

Jan 7, 2009
Blackadder51 said:
A shirt and panadol (injoke) from my gf, compared to 9k gold necklace and pendant/choclate that i got her -.-
Oh damn.. Bet your getting heaps of sex now tho..

Danlian

Aug 5, 2009
Got a $400 Laser Printer earlier today...and I have NO idea why. Not only do I NEVER print or need to print anything, the thing is the size of a small pony and I have absolutely nowhere to put it. Completely baffled as to why mom thought that I needed it :/ .

Blackadder51

Escapecraft Operator
Jun 25, 2009
brumby said:
Blackadder51 said:
Oh damn.. Bet your getting heaps of sex now tho..
She doesnt belive in sex before marrige.......

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I got two free movie pass to a movie theater that is a 45 mintue drive form where I live and I have no car or a way to get there but hey the tickets don't ever expire so mabey I might get a chance to use them other than that I love everthing.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Kpt._Rob said:
Ziadaine said:
I'm an American, and I can tell you, it's not an American energy drink. It is, however, a British energy drink. Something I learned when I visited Britain.
It's not energy, it's like "soda" I think ya'll call it. I would happily trade you it for Mountain Dew.

I got soap on a rope, with Homer Simpsons face on it. Never using it, makes me think of prison shower capers.

Shambl3s

Dec 16, 2009
HUBILUB said:
I got a mouse for my laptop.

I NEVER use a mouse.
But how else do you play games, then? Alhough FPS games are getting pathetically easy these days, without a mouse it's pretty damn hard.