Girls on xbox live.

xAnarchysAngelx

May 22, 2010
So I have been playing xbox live for a few months now, and if I talk in game chat I get the joy of hearing sexist derogatory comments coming from guys. why?

(sorry if this has been done before)

delet

Nov 2, 2008
I don't know, you're going to have to tell us why you have these feelings...

Misread you completely. It's because most of them are simply idiots and the best fun they can have is insulting people. I know a guy who will constantly yell and troll people on Live because he knows he's basically anonymous. It's a stress reliever or something for him. People are idiots and assholes, and it's a fact that you must, sadly, get used to.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Because the majority of people on XBox Live are whiny prepubescent 12-year-old guys who have only ever seen girls on the Internet, or people that insult everyone they meet on there.

Don't worry about it, we all get treated the same way,
Just mute them, seems to work for me :p

Here's a picture to explain:

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
There was a thread on this today, but i'll give you the cliffnotes: people react in a hostile way to unfamiliar things.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Because most guys on Xbox Live are dicks. I'm not but thats because I rarely talk on live but when I do I usually relay tactical info.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
xAnarchysAngelx said:
So I have been playing xbox live for a few months now, and if I talk in game chat I get the joy of hearing sexiest derogatory comments coming from guys. why?

(sorry if this has been done before)
It's been done before and I will answer it the same way I did that other time. You have boobs. Men react chaotically to creatures with these assets. This confusion leads to sexist slurs which frankly I hate because I want more women on my xbox live not less.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Well i'm sorry to hear that. It comes from the territory I guess. Being anonymous or to an extent of being anonymous on XBOX live has produced a slew of negativity. I like to think that not all people are like that in the real world.
OT: Also welcome to the Escpaist

xAnarchysAngelx

May 22, 2010
oh sorry, well i was playing MW2 and i got told to get back in tha kitchin and make moar sammiches (more or less in that voice) or just get called names idk not worth saying.

The Great Zegrool

Jul 29, 2009
It's X-Box live, you'll find quite a bit of misogyny there.

There are plenty of solutions, but for you I'd recommend just playing with friends.

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
Because the internet is a scary place and when certain guys start getting their ass handed to them by a woman of all things they feel threatened. So they begin to act like complete and total morons. I've had my ass kicked by women before. Its really nothing different then getting my ass kicked by a guy.

... Unless of course the girl flaunts the fact a girl beat said guy. Then i'm sorry but you'd be asking for it at that point. (Not saying you do that)

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
xAnarchysAngelx said:
oh sorry, well i was playing MW2 and i got told to get back in tha kitchin and make moar sammiches (more or less in that voice) or just get called names idk not worth saying.
Wow...
Anyway. People on MW2 are just jerks regardless of gender. If you were a man, you'll just be called a Fag or something like that. Xbox live(Rather all online communities) are full of jerks.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Young men see online gaming as their last bastion of unchecked masculinity (or at least the half-formed idea they have of it). A girl "intruding" on their "sacred field of battle" threatens them; they run the risk of being beaten by her, someone perceived as inherently weaker. This is their nightmare scenario- a woman being more "manly" than them, thereby consigning them to being "girly"- and to a group who values themselves solely on shallow displays of machismo, this is a devastating blow. Therefore the young woman is unwelcome to them and must be chased away by the one means of attack they know- incessant, loud, foulmouthed insults.

Either that, or they're just jerks.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
A sad sad fact of girl gaming life. You'll get it in allot of MMO's too. Thank god though when I did pug raids that I didn't get hit on threw vent, though I think that's because I act like I'm just one of the guys and that you don't want to mess with me. Xbox live... sadly that would never ever work.