Give me Vikings!

savage1987swb

Jan 5, 2012
General question I want to present to the people of Escapist Mag: Why on Earth haven't there been any games that focus on the Vikings? Yes, there are a few where we can play as them, from Mount and Blade to the Civ games, but nothing that makes me feel like i'm part of a culture that founded the first York, and established a sailing trade route from Scandinavia to Greenland. Where are my angry bearded axe weilding angry types!

And nope, I am not accepting any arguements that point out Vikings aren't space Marines, Modern Marines, or aren't wise cracking twats.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Banner Saga is shaping up to be an epic viking game. You can also be even more viking in the Mount & Blade mod Brytenwalda.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Rune is...well viking-y. More like Nordic man-y but they could have also been vikings, I'm not sure - it was a long time since I played it. It's awesome, though - third person melee combat with swords, axes, limbs and whatever. Worth a look.

Also - Skyrim, duh.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
There's the game Viking, but it's kinda meh :\

Other than that, Skyrim would be the closest I know of.

[small]Too Human as well, but I don't count you as an enemy so don't buy it![/small]

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Skyrim seemed to have enough Norse inspiration...

However, it would be cool to have a Viking game set on our planet, though. Can't go wrong with some fun pillaging (no, I wasn't going to recommend the rape part).

I drink enough mead while I game, might as well do it while playing a Viking game.