Give yourself RPG stats

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
STR: 8 - I'm below average and kinda scrawny. My success with pickle jars mostly comes from methods that mitigate the need for raw strength.
DEX: 11 - My manual dexterity and fine motor skills are pretty crap, though I'm good enough to do some above-average combos in fighting games, though that comes down more to muscle memory. However, I'm extremely light on my feet and agile for someone with my general athletic ability.
CON: 7 - I can't run for long at all, and I can't function at all on low amounts of sleep. I'm also prone to oversleeping so much it interferes with my health and causes me to develop migraine headaches. Oddly enough, I'm not prone to illness; it's very rare that I get violently ill.
INT: Probably 12 or 13 - I'm far above the average when it comes to my peers intelligence-wise, and I'm an extremely quick learner, if given feedback. I generally pick up on things that my peers can't, and my only problem when it comes to academics is my work habits. My logic skills are extremely good for someone my age, both formally and informally, and I tend to be a sponge for certain kinds of information.
WIS: 9 or 10 - I have little to no experience with... anything, really, but my common sense is good enough to put me at least nearly on par with my peers. I'm also naturally good at counselling, though I haven't really developed my skills in that area.
CHA: 8 - I have few friends and don't really socialize well with others. I'm reserved and awkward, though I tend to be polite. I slur my words a bit when I'm speaking casually, and people don't really get it when I make jokes. I find the pace of conversation difficult to keep up with, as I'm the type of person who needs time to parse their own thoughts, but given the time to think of what I want to say, such as in an online conversation, I can be really well-spoken.
Total: 55-57

Not very impressive, huh?

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
STR: 12
DEX: 9
CON: 16
INT: 11
WIS: 10
CHA: 6

Yeah, decidedly average overall. But at least I can take a hit.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
STR: 12. been weightlifting every other day for the past 4 years or so. With my workout regimen would be higher but my condition causes a muscle imbalance.
DEX: 12 I would say I am well coordinated. I have decent agility
CON: 14 weightlift every other day, and I run/walk every other day, plus I do some extra running after my weights. past few months i walk 3 miles in 45 minutes while wearing a 40 pound vest. I am a gym rat. also haven't had to go to the doctor for anything other than a physical here and there in 5 years running, soon to be 6.
INT: 13 I can recite almost the entirety of Dragonheart and could probably be 95-98% accurate. Have had people tell me I am a walking dictionary.
WIS: 9 Sometimes I miss things, there can be holes in my perception, and I need to work on the "quick decisions" situations
CHA: 7 Not what you would call "gabby" As zhukov said, social butterfly I am not. I rarely have trouble getting along with people, but I don't care for groups and don't say alot usually.
total: 67

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
STR: 9
DEX: 8
CON: 10
INT: 10
CHA: 8

Traits:
I ain't got no time for that! : +4 bonus to strength when otherwise I'd need two trips to carry all the shopping bags.

They must think I'm an idiot...: -8 penalty to charisma when with strangers.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
STR: 8 - Yeah, kind of scrawny.
CON: 13 - While I might not be in tiptop condition, I seldom if ever get sick.
DEX: 12 - Bendable.
INT: 14 - Quite booksmart, knows a little bit about everything.
WIS: 10 - Kind of shortsighted, doesn't really pay attention to my surroundings. Getting better though.
CHA: 8 - While I would like to think of myself as a nice person, I often get the feeling that I put people off, and prefer to be left alone.

CAPTCHA: "How quaint". Don't you mock me, internet...

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
STR: 10
Tall and thin, but as average as they come.

DEX 13
When I move, I usually jump, dash or climb my way to where I'm going. I'm fairly good with my hands, I do some drawing and I made a 4x4x4cm copy of the companion cube out of scrap metal with a standard size angle grinder.

CON 7 (maybe less)
I may be quick on my feet, but I'm out of breath in seconds.

INT 13
I have always been able to learn things quite fast and on my own. I want to know everything, but I also know I can't =(

WIS 14
People tend to tell me that I am wise, and come to me for advice, so there has to be some truth to it?
I spend most of my time just thinking about stuff, never say anything without thinking it through several times.

CHA ?
Im not sure what to put here. I'm not "bad" with people, as I can just act along and answer as they expect me to. I've done a bit of acting on stage, so I wear a mask well.
But there is a problem if I encunter someone that does not understand something, because then I start to explain. However I am not that great with words, so they still don't understand, and I can't explain and then everyone gets frustratded.
In general I can come off as grumpy or rude because my mind is elsewhere.

So.. I'll say 11 if I really try, but 5 if i don't care, which is most of the time.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
It's funny, I've done a lot of DMing over the years under the D20 system, but the only system I've tried to actually apply to myself was Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L... on this site, some time ago.

Currently under the effects of a (hopefully) temporary debuff, old injuries have come back to haunt me. So that makes this harder to gauge. certain aspects of some stats are unaffected, while others are pretty badly affected.

Lets call me... character level 10 at age 33 with some heavy multiclassing experience penalties.
2 levels in engineer (unspecialized, with experience in electrical, mechanical, and structural... in that order)
4 levels in technician (again generalized, experience in personal computer, automotive, firearms, rotary aircraft... I could go on)
2 levels in rifleman (experience with US military small arms, 1980s Soviet small arms, and US militry crew-served weapons)
1 level in pistoleer (experience with US military M9s and larger caliber civilian weapons)
1 level in swordsman (experience with historical rapier fencing and generalized kenjutsu)

STR: 12 - (-4 down to 8 for purposes of heavy lifting due to injury. Arm, hand, and upper back strength unaffected)... I've always been relatively gifted in this area. "Barrel chested" is a term that fits me well. Also, I've never stopped working out since the Army taught me to. I don't bench, but I curl (each hand) 50lbs at a lot of reps (I stopped counting when I left the formal setting).

CON: 14 - (-8 down to 6 regarding issues of the lower back... which unfortunately includes long-distance running) ...I've always been able to keep on ticking long after I've been told any sane person would give in... unless you strike me in the region of my L5-S1 vertebral disc, these days. The rest of me is as tough as ever, though.

DEX: 14 - (-4 down to 10 for footwork) hands and reflexes are still well above average, I've always had very steady hands (passed several surgeon tests when I was younger, just never had interest in the profession... I use 'em for marksmanship instead) and I've always been able to outpace a housecat in a game of slap jack... though probably not a bobcat. That sounds fun.
...my legs tend to twitch or fall asleep at random times now, though. Who knew that spinal cord thing was so important?

INT: 10 - I used to rate higher (I was always in the "Talented and Gifted" programs at school, and I found them easy), but what can I say? Brain atrophy, I'm getting old and I'm rarely given a challenge in this department. I've become fairly set in my ways.

WIS: 8 - being physically gifted has imparted upon me a blasé attitude toward my own well-being, and I'm below average at reading people... though I daresay my will save should receive a fairly massive bonus for sheer uncaring stubbornness.

CHA: 7 - I don't get along with groups (I find that the saying "A person is smart, people are stupid" to be true everywhere I look), don't like most most people, am completely unwilling to bend to fit social norms, and my only poker face is a stony lack of reaction... though I am good at that and I'm fairly average-looking. Still, I tend to make myself the odd man out in any social gathering, just by my very uncooperative, anti-competitive (as in, "you want to compete with me in something? Okay, I'll kill you in your sleep... figuratively... usually) nature.

Total: 65 (-16 down to 49 when adjusting for injury)

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Interesting responses from people.
For me:
Str- 7. I struggle to lift more than 10 kilos in my arms.
Con- 10. I can walk all day if I have to, and run about 20 meters under extreme circumstances.
Dex- 6. I tried to catch a ball the other day, only for it to bounce into my face and nearly break my nose.
Int- 9. If it isn't maths, I can't do it. If it is maths, I probably still can't do it.
Wis- 8. Again, if it isn't maths (or pokemon) related, I don't know it. If it is maths related, I probably still don't know it.
Cha- 9. I like other people, but it tends to be a one way street.

I think I'm being fair on myself here. I consider myself something of a pro at pokemon. Fear me.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
STR: 9
I lift weights and do push ups before I take a shower, but I'm still very skinny and lacking in muscle.

DEX: 12
I'm always told how neat my handwriting is and I'm weirdly good at dodgeball.

CON: 10
Average I'd say. I play squash every so often and walk to the train station every day, so I'm far from easily exhausted.

INT: 13
Studying chemistry at university and am currently on a 2:1, for whatever that's worth. I was considering putting it higher but there's someone who put 14 who's in Mensa so there goes that.

I don't really know how to gauge this, I can find logical solutions to most simple problems but I've never been in a leadership position so...?

CHA: 8
I can talk to pretty well after I've known them for a while, but I often avoid social situations in favour of gaming alone.

Total: 62

Pretty close to average escapist it seems.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
STR - 10, I am quite strong actually.
DEX - 5 , NOT FLEXIBLE AT ALL, nor with very good reflexes.
CON - 12, I have withstand a military vehicle turn over on me and survived with just a broken hand, so, I think I earned this.
Int - 8, I say around average.
WIS - 6, my common sense fails sometimes
CHA - 8, again average.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Strength (STR) 11 - Lift weights consistently for years now.
Dexterity (DEX) 8 - I'm pretty stiff and I've tripped on nothing before.
Constitution (CON) 11 - I walk everywhere. No car for me. Plus I go to the gym frequently.
Intelligence (INT) 12 - 'cuz I'm a genius and no one cares.
Wisdom (WIS) 9 - 'cuz nobody's going to follow me. But I'm wiser for being older.
Charima (CHA) 9 - Shut in but I've got a godly sense wit and humor.

Based on the OP guidlines, I'm assuming this is an 8~12 measurement where 10 is average.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, this has been done before...but not for awhile at least. It's hard to really judge how high stats should be, and worse, you look like your bragging if you make most of them high. Also, judging strength based on size/age and not some universal standard seems strange.

Anyway my stats have changed a bit at this point in my life.

Strength: 13

This used to be higher. I'm a bit over 6 foot and qualified for the special forces when I was in the Air force (at 17). My legs are especially strong, even now...and if I was judging by leg strength alone my stat would be higher. I am 41 now though, and while still quite strong, I don't work out with weights on a regular basis anymore (I do more aerobic/endurance sports etc now). I was never MASSIVE (IE a bodybuilder) but I was quite good at football due to my size and speed.

Dexterity: 15-16

Many different ways to calculate this. I was a natural juggler for instance, but also extremely good at a variety of dexterity based sports. I competed against the US table tennis team for instance. I also took a variety of martial arts for years and of course, have tons of practice playing video games. I taught archery for a few years at summer camp when I was young and am able to write with either hand. In addition (this freaks my wife out), I can perform many actions with my feat that most people can not (I can pick anything up with them for instance lol).

Con: 12

I used to be VERY healthy. I never broke any bones even though I have been run over (and then backup up over) by a car when I was 8, fallen off a 4 story building and participated in tons of sports and dangerous activities when I was younger. I never got sick either (still to this day only have gotten a cold flu like 3-4 times...all since I turned 30 or so). I only say 12 now because A: I can run a mile but i'm certainly not going to compete for best time anymore. B: I have gotten sick a few times now and C: I'm just plain older 41...is 41....I'm not as fit and don't have the endurance I used to. I have not mountain climbed in over 10 years...and I drive everywhere now pretty much.

Int: 17

This is a VERY hard one to judge. I graduated 3 years early from HS (on my 16th birthday). I have a Masters degree with a 3.98 GPA. I generally judge INT more on how fast you can learn, instead of how much you actually know, and in that regard I have not met anyone who can learn as fast as me, or figure things out (especially logic problems etc) as easily. I only know 3 languages though and I didn't continue with education past my Masters....but even so, 17 seems like a good number.

Wis: 15

Ahh, finally something that has gone up as I have aged. Honestly I had a jam packed early life...but even so, the last 14 years or so (I've been married that long), have certainly giving me a few new perspectives on life. I've worked many jobs, been in the Air Force, Run a company, worked with my wife on death penalty defense, family law etc. I have met many different types of people, arbitrated many disputes and even taught at schools. All of those things add up to a wealth of knowledge and experience dealing with people and situations.

Cha: 11

This used to be higher as well. It's dropped not because I can't be charismatic if I want, but because in generally I don't bother anymore. When younger I had a large group of friends, with a smaller core group inside. I was often the life of the party and very social. I retained some of that for the first few years after getting married but eventually me and my wife have settled down and hardly ever have friends over anymore. I stopped most of my social activities a few years ago. I think a large part of charisma is.....wanting to be charismatic. If your not putting the effort out there, then your score won't be that high. I did work in sales for a few years, was a manage, a teacher and many other jobs that involved selling yourself or other items (and I was quite successful). This number should probably be higher but I'm trying to be as honest as possible.

When young I used to practice what is called Parkour or free running. That is how I ended up falling off a 4th story building once lol. This was in the late 80's early 90's. I could scale walls like a spider (using arms as legs to push against 2 walls and climb up, or using ridges etc) and would jump from rooftop to rooftop. I was bored out of my mind by school. They had advanced classes etc, but we moved around too much for me to graduate any earlier then I did (I actually started school 1 year late...so actually attended school 4 years less then everyone else). I have climbed many mountains, loved white water rafting and excelled at football, basketball and tennis for years, along with a variety of martial arts (focus mainly on Judo eventually though).

Professionally I have been a teacher, a manager, a legal partner and worked in sales. I have created video games (and played a ton of them) starting off waaaay back on the APPLE II with basic, and continuing on until a few years ago in C+ and Java (I really don't like Java though). I've written many guides over the years and a few other small stories/books in real life.

I'm married with no children, quite a few friends and pretty lucky over all (luck isn't a stat...but if it was...I'd have a great luck).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'll give it a shot here. I like this kind of thing and kind of miss making character sheets...

STR - 7
DEX - 12
CON - 8
INT - 10
WIS - 11
CHA - 8

Strength - I'm definitely under-average when it comes to strength. My upper body strength can work for very short periods but I'm next to useless if you needed help moving.

Dexterity - hand-eye coordination has been honed by years of gaming. Moving quietly and, quickly has been honed by years of sneaking around the house trying not to awaken parents, siblings, etc. I'm not a master thief but I can easily go unnoticed if I don't want to be noticed.

Constitution - Under-average again. I can get a good burst of energy from time to time but maintaining that level of energy has always been a problem. I shake like a leaf in the cold, sweat away in the heat and, can't take a great strain for long periods of time.

Intelligence - I'm about average. I graduated high school, have tried a bit of independent study, tried a bit of college at a local CC and have been able to easily comprehend some of what was taught to me.

Wisdom - I've always had more common sense than actual intelligence. Pattern recognition and perception are easy for me...wait, shouldn't perception be on here?

Charisma - I don't like being around people. I can socialize if I have to but I hate being around people and am far more comfortable in my bedroom than any other room of the house that I'm living in. I really wish I could afford an apartment...

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
STR: 6 -> I'm scrawny.

DEX: 9 -> Video games probably help, I can move at speed for a short duration and I have reasonable reflexes.

CON: 7 -> After I run up and down my three-storey residence at full speed, I have to catch my breath before returning to a conversation.

INT: 10 -> I wouldn't let you call me an idiot and am offended when people presume I hold stupid opinions or beliefs.

WIS: 8 -> Young and inexperienced.

CHA: 4 -> I'm really not very good at that social thing but I'm not a terrible speaker, I suppose.

Total: 44

I think self-image will impact this a lot. I seem to have rated myself a lot lower than most.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
Because I'm a sucker for stats...

STR - 6 - There's next to no muscle on me.
DEX - 11 - No muscle at least makes me really light and flexible.
CON - 7 - But I'm so light that I'm underweight.
INT - 13 - Had a good university education.
WIS - 11 - Somewhat wise, though more in an organisational and practical sense than leadership.
CHA - 7 - Not a confident speaker. Terrified by having to stand up and give presentations.

TOT - 55

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
STR: 9 (I don't work out, but I'm not that weak)
Dex: 12 (I am fairly well coordinated, but not exceptional)
CON: 14 (I rarely get sick, I am fairly resistant to pain killers, and I have recovered from serious injury fairly quickly)
INT: 13 (IQ tested for 124, I'm nothing special but I was told that's something close to 90th percentile; I excelled in most areas but was very lacking in verbal intelligence....no surprise tehre : \)
WIS: 7 (I'm not a complete fool, but I'm prone to bad decision making)
CHA: 8 (I'm a little socially awkward and often struggle with common conventions; some people say I have a bit of a cute charm about me though)

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Strength - 6
I am a noodly-limbed ************ who can't lift for shit

Dexterity - 6
I can't tie knots or catch things for shit.

Constitution - 10
I very rarely ever get sick. That's really all that's keeping me out of negative modifier range since I can't run for shit or eat nasty things either.

Intelligence - 8
Considering I've only graduated High School I feel this is fair.

Wisdom - 6
I can't problem solve for shit.

Charisma - 1
It would not even be an exaggeration to say that my social skills are on par of that with a fungus that makes irritating shrieking noises.

Total: 37

Wow, I make a shitty damn character. Glad no one has to rely on me the save the world, or we'd all be fucked. With 1st level Commoner stats (because again being honest) I'd go down like a ***** to just about anything.
Also I'm gonna go ahead and call it that I'm gonna have the lowest total out of everyone actually being honest with themselves.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
Str: 10
I can open pickle jars alright, and in a pinch I can lift stuff, but most of my strength comes from my size and the inherent leverage that lends to what muscle I do have.

Dex: 13
I'm no gymnast, but I am quick, and have good hand eye coordination and people are always telling me I'm quiet. I also seem to have the uncanny ability to switch 'dominant' eyes when aiming something, not sure where that would fall, but Dex is as good as any.

Con: 10-12
I'm really not sure, to be honest. Without asthma, I can keep going for basically ever, pain doesn't really stop me. But the asthma does slow me down on account of making me pass out if I don't pay attention to it. The asthma, however, isn't insurmountable, I've found with conditioning I can overcome most of it. So yeah, not real sure what to put here.

Ieyke said:
Int 17-18 - Apparently I'm a genius... Last I checked my IQ tests come out at like 155 or something?
Mind you, IF there were a "Memory" stat, mine would be "Selective". Near perfect recall on stuff that interests me, instant forgetting of things that bore me(which includes horrible amounts of stuff I desperately NEED to remember).
Basically this. I don't feel smart most of the time, and I'm not terribly motivated to use it, but it's there. No one will shut up about it.

Wis: 10
I've been around the block some, but I wouldn't consider myself 'wise' by any stretch.

Char: 14
People seem to just really like me. I can't really explain it, but people frequently tell me I light up rooms (strangers, not relatives), so I figured a little embellishment was due here.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
STR 7 - I don't work out or exercise.
DEX 12 - Quick, light, quick to react and good hand eye, not flexible though.
CON 10 - I'm normallish, though I have lowish stamina I can ignore high levels of discomfort/pain so it kind of cancels each other out.
INT 15 - I'm very smart, but lazy which means I may lack the appropriate knowledge.
WIS 15 - I'm a problem solver by nature, it's what I do.
CHR 7 - Anti-social and socially-anxious, however I have very non-conflicting personalty which allows me to easliy get by with the vast majority of people.

TOT 66

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Hmm, if I had to guess:

STR 11 - I don't work out for shit, but I'm 6'8" tall and by virtue of size alone I'm stronger than average

DEX 6 - I'm about as nimble as a bag of hammers, and roughly as precise.

CON 9 - This'd be lower, but my general constitution is quite good. I've got shit endurance though, thanks to aforementioned not working out.

INT 18 - I intuitively grasp most things I'm exposed to and, in my experience, my mind works flat out better than most others, so /shrug

WIS 13 - My intuition and "common sense" is one of my stronger traits; it takes something extreme for me to panic and I'm usually able to process and respond to events as they occur in effective, meaningful ways.

CHA 6 or 12 - I'm not sure which to use. By skill, I'm actually fairly good with people and I can usually get most people to like me, but at the same time, I'm a loner and vastly prefer to keep my own company. Which would be more accurate?