#GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend. How long was I asleep for?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
White Walkers are coming mother fuckers!! It's un-PC for me to say that isn't it?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah I went to sleep for a few hours, wake up and Tumblr... Twitter... Narcissist.com, has gone all shipping and stuff.

Thoughts?

Honestly, why Bucky? Cant it be Falcon. I mean, those two are close. Like tight close. Poor Falcon. Tony, I mean, he got his heart broken in Civil War. No not Pepper. Screw her. He got hurt by Cap the bastard!!

But really thoughts? A stupid trend? The internet is bored again? People misunderstanding the different kind of love?

I dunno. The internet is weird.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I checked some hashtag analyzer sites, and the first 40 or so post (Out of 706 usages of it) shown are all from people asking what the hell it is.

So it seems, like most hashtags, it's popularity is being driven more by the bewildered masses wondering what the hell it is then anything else.

Twitter is weird.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wait the Internet is obsessed with basically Yaoi shipping between hunky men with shaved chests?!

Times sure are changing.

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
Parasondox said:
Honestly, why Bucky? Cant it be Falcon.
Normally this is where I would agree with you, because Falcon is awesome, but you forgot the obvious answer. Phil Coulson is the only one who can be with Cap. Why do you think he was collecting those cards for all those years?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Dreph said:
Parasondox said:
Honestly, why Bucky? Cant it be Falcon.
Normally this is where I would agree with you, because Falcon is awesome, but you forgot the obvious answer. Phil Coulson is the only one who can be with Cap. Why do you think he was collecting those cards for all those years?
Oh please. Phil is just a person who has a crush, an obsession with Cap. Cap doesn't love him back in that way. Phil's in the friends zone for all we know.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Pluvia said:
So what are we offended about here? Yaoi? Fanfiction?
I don't know what those words are and not offended really. Just having fun. Unless fun is offensive?

Bucky may be his first love, Falcon is his current. Exs are a headache ya'll.

Feb 26, 2014
Pluvia said:
So what are we offended about here? Yaoi? Fanfiction?
I, uh, I think we're being asked for our yaoi shippings for the MCU.

As for Cap... I'd support a Cap and Bucky romance. They really had a connection in the The First Avenger and Civil War, so it just makes sense.

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
Parasondox said:
Oh please. Phil is just a person who has a crush, an obsession with Cap. Cap doesn't love him back in that way. Phil's in the friends zone for all we know.
Hey Cap fought a literal god to avenge Phil's death. There has to be feelings in there somewhere for that kind of devotion.

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
Captain Marvelous said:
As for Cap... I'd support a Cap and Bucky romance. They really had a connection in the The First Avenger and Civil War, so it just makes sense.
Bucky needs to hook up eith black panther. Did see the tension between the two of them on screen? Though now that I think about it I might be misreading that scene.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Dreph said:
Parasondox said:
Hey Cap fought a literal god to avenge Phil's death. There has to be feelings in there somewhere for that kind of devotion.
Okay okay, that's sweet. Fighting a God for your dead crushes love. Wish a man did that for me. Yeah I saw the helicopter gun show in Civil War. Can a lady get a martini please!!

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Dreph said:
Captain Marvelous said:
Bucky needs to hook up eith black panther. Did see the tension between the two of them on screen? Though now that I think about it I might be misreading that scene.
A total misread there. Ant-man had more chemistry with Cap that Black Panther. Scott couldn't stop touching his arms and checking him out.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
I get into a lot of arguments with my sister about this.

Basically, I think Bucky gives off vibes of being in the closet. It's like the actor is deliberately playing him as a repressed homosexual. Which makes sense, given that he's from the 1940s - he'd probably think it's something shameful. Part of it is his eagerness to get Steve on a double date in the first movie, as well as his weird aside-glances when Steve seems to be hitting it off with Peggy.

Captain America, no. Not at all. At no point in the films does he come off as attracted to dudes. Whereas he flirts with Peggy and/or her grand-niece (creepy!) in every movie. He has a very strong bromance with Bucky and Falcon, but at no part does the connection seems sexual. He has the same relationship with Natasha, and it's equally platonic.

My sister thinks the complete opposite of this, and that have a close personal friendship between two dudes must automatically mean that they're gay. I can only presume she thinks this because she is wrong, and also incorrect, and I will never accept her opinion, ever, no matter how many adorable drawings she makes of Bucky and Steve holding hands and punching Nazis.

Dreph said:
They all fought a god to avenge Phil. If that was the criteria, Phil would be the bottom of an all-Avengers orgy.

Which is something that exists, almost certainly, on AO3 or fanfiction.net somewhere.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I have no idea why it came about, or whether it actually intends to convince Marvel to add in a bisexual element to Cap's character. It seems like one of many trends that are just bizarre and will likely die down by next week.

What I do know is that there are an absolute truckload of Cap and Bucky bromance gifs and images from the films and I love it. It's even better than Dawn of Just Us.

Faaip

Move Along
Jan 4, 2009
I don't see why people think its a necessity.. I wish tv/film characters could have strong bonds and love for each other without people clamoring for a romantic relationship (that goes for straight ones too). Sometimes the story benefits from it but other times its just not needed at all.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Tumblr must fap, Parasondax.

Tumblr must fap.

I blame whoever keeps finding the time to upload all those Supernatural .gifs - don't tell me it isn't the same people, because I know it is.

EDIT: It lasted about a day.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Faaip said:
I don't see why people think its a necessity.. I wish tv/film characters could have strong bonds and love for each other without people clamoring for a romantic relationship (that goes for straight ones too). Sometimes the story benefits from it but other times its just not needed at all.
Because two people can't be just friends. Duuuh!! Platonic relationships are a no no over the net and... send nudes?

Not stoned enough.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Barbas said:
Tumblr must fap, Parasondax.

Tumblr must fap.

I blame whoever keeps finding the time to upload all those Supernatural .gifs - don't tell me it isn't the same people, because I know it is.
Tumblr needs to stop. I have seen those feeders/feedee post. That's a dark and unhealthy side of a fetish. Also speaking of Supernatural, I have heard they tried to ship two brothers together. BROTHERS!!

Horny Bastards.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
People ship stupid stuff all the time. I mean people apparently shipped Zuko and Azula in Avatar. They're brother and sister! Hell, Zuko and Katara made some sense and I still felt that was pretty stupid. I mean Katara almost trusted him in the Season Two finale and he completely burned that bridge.

Really, shipping Azula with anyone is an exercise in not understanding the characters. Shipping her with Ty Lee was apparently a thing, but Ty Lee was obviously terrified of her and I got that in the first episode they appeared together in. That's literally saying that you should date your abuser.

I don't really see Steve Rogers being gay. He obviously isn't the type to judge people for that kind of thing, but I don't see a gay Cap. A better option would be to make a gay character rather than undermine years of established continuity of who a character is.

So, yeah, people ship characters all the time without understanding who the characters are. Their actual personality and relationships be damned.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Eh, the Steve/Bucky ship has been a thing for a long time, but the Winter Soldier movie really kicked it up a notch in the social media sphere. I ran across a three way pairing name for Cap, Tony and Hulk that made me laugh pretty hard though: the Stark Spangled Banner :p

Me personally, I was hoping (if only for the laughs) that Cap would end up with Darcy but that comes with the caveat of having to see them bounce off one another first to see if the chemistry would work.