Giving up gaming and selling my PC. Need laptop advice?

Sabiancym

Aug 12, 2010
So I've completely given up gaming after 10+ years of using it as an excuse not to do other things. Since then I've had a ton of success and fun, so I'm making it more or less permanent.

So I'm taking apart my gaming PC that I spent well over 4 grand on and now need a laptop to do my general day to day stuff.

The problem is I know nothing about laptops. Every PC I've had in the past 10 years was built by me, and building a laptop isn't much of an option.

I need something that is fairly fast, but doesn't need to game. I'm used to very fast load times for everything, so something too crappy won't due. Should I just head to a local store and buy whatever Dell looks good? Or is there some laptop secret that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for the help.

Sabiancym

Aug 12, 2010
Also, would it be possible to just get by with a tablet? Are there any tablets that I could just mount and use as a PC?

BigTortoise

May 26, 2011
The Asus Eee Pad Trnasformer may be what you're looking for if you want a tablet. though you might want to wait for a 3G model to come out.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
So why exactly are you giving it up? Games that all right but that doesnt mean you have to rip apart your machine, you could always use it for other purposes like Music, Digital Art and media of the like.

If you're that keen though (and dosh wise) try looking on actual manufacturers websites as you can pick 'n' mix different parts like a standard DELL but have a GPU added in and all that crap.

Though I must ask, how old is the PC itself and why tear it apart?

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
I'd go with a Dell Inspiron. They're pretty fast. You can get them for as low as $450.

On a somewhat related note, can I have your PC?