Glorious Leader! Video Game Stars North Korea's Kim Jong-Un Fighting America

Kuala BangoDango

Mar 19, 2009
I just have to wonder how the developers got the necessary permission from Kim and Dennis to use their likenesses and how much of a cut they get from the game sales.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Did anyone else thought of the CollegeHumor Kim Kim Un especially during the unicorn mount and basketball player partner scenes?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Johnny Wishbone said:
J Tyran said:
Typical, Americans have been playing games where American Soldiers running around going "hoorah!" in randomdesertistan shooting brown people in the face for around a decade. Then there was the Russians and South Americans, someone makes a joke game where American soldiers get killed and its suddenly offensive.

Maybe you should think of that next time a game is set in letsgetoilistan shooting Taliban lookalikes.

Um....So far I haven't seen or heard of any outrage or any Americans claiming to be offended by this. So why are your panties all twisted up? Let me check your profile....yep, just as I suspected: you're British. Funny how the most rampant anti-Americanism today comes from our supposed allies/friends across the Atlantic. Seriously, what is it with you guys and your butthurt towards the US?

I'm American. I think this game is funny as hell because I understand the concept of satire. While I admit I wouldn't be too happy about a serious game in which American soldiers are the "bad guys" and get shot, I also understand and accept that Russians (or any other nationality) might be upset with a serious game where their soldiers are the "bad" guys and get shot. However, this is not a serious game and no outrage or offense is taken.

The only issue I can see with this game is that someone in North Korea might actually get a hold of it and take it seriously, using it as a propoganda tool without understanding that the joke is on them: "See! Even the Americans realize that our Dear Leader is invincible!"
You might want to be a little less sensitive, pointing out a simple hypocrisy isn't anti Americanism or butt hurt. A good definition of butt hurt would be getting upset and believing that a whole nation hates you when it really doesn't, British and America have always had cultural ties and I have never seen any widespread directed anti Americanism at all (there will always be some however).

Criticism =/= anti Americanism

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Elberik said:
thaluikhain said:
Eh, wouldn't be surprised if it's more realistic than Homefront or the new Red Dawn.
Really? You're suggesting that a 2D run&gun wherein you play as Kim Jung-Un riding a flaming unicorn is more realistic than... anything?

You comment was a waste of bandwidth, keystrokes, + mine & everyone else's time.
I'm about 99% certain that's at least partially sarcastic. Not to mention considering how stupid a lot of modern shooters are... Not far off!

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
While I have no problem whatsoever with the content in theory, I am legitimately concerned that North Korea's state media will simply pick this up and represent it as being Pro-NK and Anti-American regardless of what is in it, and will likely claim it to be based entirely on actual events.

Yes, that includes the Unicorn.

Never underestimate the capability for self-deception of those living in a police state governed by a cult of personality.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
BY THE GLORIOUS LEADER! GAME NUMBER ONE SELLER IN ALL OF PEOPLE REPUBLIC OF KOREA! IT BREAK ALL RECORDS FOR SALE IN WORLD! MOST POPULAR GAME WITH YOUTH OF FUTURE!

briankoontz

May 17, 2010
Johnny Wishbone said:
J Tyran said:
Typical, Americans have been playing games where American Soldiers running around going "hoorah!" in randomdesertistan shooting brown people in the face for around a decade. Then there was the Russians and South Americans, someone makes a joke game where American soldiers get killed and its suddenly offensive.

Maybe you should think of that next time a game is set in letsgetoilistan shooting Taliban lookalikes.

Um....So far I haven't seen or heard of any outrage or any Americans claiming to be offended by this. So why are your panties all twisted up? Let me check your profile....yep, just as I suspected: you're British. Funny how the most rampant anti-Americanism today comes from our supposed allies/friends across the Atlantic. Seriously, what is it with you guys and your butthurt towards the US?
This conversation would make a lot more sense if the United States (and Britain) was a democracy. The fact is, regular Americans and regular Brits have very close to zero control over what the powerful people do in their own countries. So regular Americans being offended because someone makes a game making fun of the decisions made by powerful Americans is illogical.

America isn't a "team", where institutions in Washington D.C., New York City, LA, and the like are the coach. America is a slave colony, where powerful institutions have impunity to use and abuse their own population (some more than others) in the quest to maximize control and profit (for them, not for us) in a slowly dying world.

Dragons are a great analogy - dragons don't need to get along with humans and certainly don't help them. Humans are slaves and/or food, and dragons who can take on human form and fool the humans into believing they are one of them (Obama, as opposed to Bush) don't even need to fear humans. Only an aware, brave, and organized human force can even challenge a dragon, much less defeat one.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Well... the Fox News crowd will doubtless decry this as the worst thing to come into existence since Obama... As an American with an actual functioning brain AND sense of humor, I think it's pretty damned hilarious.