Goat Simulator Adding a Space-Based Expansion Tomorrow

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Goat Simulator Adding a Space-Based Expansion Tomorrow

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1324/1324712.jpgAs if Goat Simulator wasn't crazy enough, now they're sending your goat to outer space in a new expansion titled Waste of Space.

Goat Simulator is a goofy game at its very core, and it's only gotten moreso with each successive expansion. There was the MMO expansion, the zombie expansion, and the crossover with Payday 2. Now they're taking things up another notch by blasting a goat into space.

The Waste of Space expansion is taking shots at just about every space-based game you can think of. Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, and Mass Effect all get poked fun at in the trailer (seen below), and as a bonus, there's a great Schwarzenegger-like narrator as well.

According to the official copy, the Waste of Space expansion will let you "visit space today" instead of getting "old waiting for that other space game that you already paid for." There's an "endless space full of planets to visit, but seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother." Luckily, there's "one planet nearby though. Go to that one." It also says that this expansion will feature the biggest map in the game's history, and that "No crew member will be left unromanced."

There's no word on what the new expansion will cost, but if history (and past expansion pricing) is any guide, you can expect it to be around $5.

One wonders what the next expansion might bring. Goats solving cold fusion, perhaps?

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I think just that trailer had a bigger budget then the original Goat Simulator.

Can't wait to watch other people play it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ha the trailer was hillarious!

It make me think of a certain similar creator had a more backbone, he could had achieve a similar thing if he didn't get wuss just cos of one bad review.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
"HAHA! You see these references guys? We made em WAAAAAAAAAAAAACKIER!"
Can't wait for more of them memes and references replaced with goats, yo

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Hehehehe, Waste of Space, that's pretty good actually.

Nice to know the are aware of how stupid the entire thing is, though did they ever fix the performance issues?
I remember reading that the only issues they fixed were the ones that caused the game to crash so it ran like total shit on everything.

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
Please, Coffee Stain. Please stop. I know Goat Sim exploded and all, but I just want to see something else out of you now.

Or at the very least, make Sanctum 3 for fucks sake.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Ooh, I'm glad to see this one. I've enjoyed the hell out of goat simulator (waaaay more than I should have). And space is like my favorite thing ever, so it's a good combination. It'll be buggy and broken, but it'll still be fun. Also, that trailer was actually pretty epic.

I feel kind of bad for the guys that make this: what started as an april fool's day joke has turned into one of their most successful games. Imagine being all excited to make sanctum or even something new only to be assigned to making more goat.

At least they still seem to have some humor about it.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I bet goat simulator and its expansions are like just one or two dudes' passion project they work on during their downtime and lunch breaks. It sort of has that 'we love this and don't really give a fuck what anyone else thinks' vibe.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Whoa! Did you see all those references? I recognize those things from other media, and the fact that I recognize them is funny.

Yeah, I guess that's just not my type of humor, but I prefer references to be subtle enough that you could miss them, not shoved in your face so much that they might as well give each on it's own title card.

Still, I can't wait to watch a two minute lets-play of this game then forget it ever existed.

Scarim Coral said:

It make me think of a certain similar creator had a more backbone, he could had achieve a similar thing if he didn't get wuss just cos of one bad review.
I have no idea who you're talking about.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
FirstNameLastName said:
Whoa! Did you see all those references? I recognize those things from other media, and the fact that I recognize them is funny.

Yeah, I guess that's just not my type of humor, but I prefer references to be subtle enough that you could miss them, not shoved in your face so much that they might as well give each on it's own title card.

Still, I can't wait to watch a two minute lets-play of this game then forget it ever existed.

Scarim Coral said:

I have no idea who you're talking about.
The Bear simulator guy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166719-Bear-Simulator-Dev-Cancels-Development#&gid=gallery_5906&pid=1