Goat Simulator Flying Into PS3 and PS4, Includes "GoatVR"

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Goat Simulator Flying Into PS3 and PS4, Includes "GoatVR"

Goat Simulator is launching on the PS3 and PS4 next month, and will be the first version with "a simulated GoatVR experience".

It's amazing that something like <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/goat%20simulator?os=goat+simulator>Goat Simulator exists. Originally a gaming-inspired April Fool's joke <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/11214-Goat-Simulator-Review-Crapricorn>about sparking goat chaos across the world, Coffee Stain Studios expanded the concept with a complete game release, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138628-Goat-MMO-Simulator-Free-DLC-Releasing-November-20>an MMO expansion, and even zombie DLC. And starting next month, console players can experience the joys of goats for themselves with PS3 and PS4 versions - which is also where GoatVR will make its worldwide debut.

In a nutshell, Goat Simulator is all about the open-world destruction of games like Grand Theft Auto and Just Cause - except you're a goat. You can fly around the map using gliders and jetpacks, trigger massive explosions that send your still-living form flying, or simply headbutt everything into submission. Just like the PC version, Goat Simulator for console will also include local multiplayer, with two players on PS3 and four on PS4.

The biggest new feature will be Goat Simulator's VR mode - which technically doesn't require a headset. In keeping with Coffee Stain's ongoing joke, GoatVR will only simulate the experience of virtual reality on your screen. "Although it's not quite ready yet we felt it better to stay ahead of the crowd and let it out into the wild," Coffee Stain wrote on the PlayStation blog. "We still need to do that part where it connects to an actual headset but for now you can enjoy a simulated GoatVR experience without it."

[gallery=4418]

Whether Goat Simulator will actually support VR once headsets are commercially available remains to be seen, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/8999-10-Goofy-Goat-Things-to-Do-In-Goat-Simulator>with all the other quirky features. Regardless, we can still be excited that PlayStation owners can - finally and truly - play as a goat.

Here's hoping a Vita version will quickly follow!

Source: PlayStation, via <a href=http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/15/goat-simulator-coming-to-ps4-and-ps3?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IGNPS4All+%28IGN+PlayStation+4+All%29>IGN

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The more I think about it...the more I'm convinced that Goat Simulator is the greatest concept for a game ever.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
And I bet this shit will be ps+ free game, probably on release day. Between this and the other over hyped hot garbage, octodad, ps+ is fantastic /sarcasm.

I know nerd love this weird shit,like they love cosplay but at best this a 20 minute time killer .... how many people have sat down for an 8 hour gaming binge on goat simulator?

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
omega 616 said:
And I bet this shit will be ps+ free game, probably on release day. Between this and the other over hyped hot garbage, octodad, ps+ is fantastic /sarcasm.

I know nerd love this weird shit,like they love cosplay but at best this a 20 minute time killer .... how many people have sat down for an 8 hour gaming binge on goat simulator?
It's not a game built for 8-hour binges. But you play it for a little bit of time every once in a while.

It's Tony Hawk Underground meets Just Cause 2 in a smaller, cheaper world. Starring a goat.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Scow2 said:
omega 616 said:

It's not a game built for 8-hour binges. But you play it for a little bit of time every once in a while.

It's Tony Hawk Underground meets Just Cause 2 in a smaller, cheaper world. Starring a goat.
It's like Just Cause 2 in a smaller world in the same way a pebble is like a mountain only smaller. And no, I'm not just talking about world size here, but gameplay as well. I'm honestly not sure why they're bothering to port this at all, I would have thought the joke wore thin long ago.

Hyperstorm

Nov 27, 2013
Do I want this?

No, seriously, I'm asking. It sounds like a lovable train wreck that people have enjoyed in which case I think I do.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Scow2 said:
omega 616 said:

exactly as I thought, it's not just crap, it's hot crap ... the kind of crap that stings your ass as it leaves.

Better flash games out there!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hyperstorm said:
Do I want this?

No, seriously, I'm asking. It sounds like a lovable train wreck that people have enjoyed in which case I think I do.
It looks fun because it's ridiculous. You'll have to judge for yourself, though.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
omega 616 said:
Eight hours would be downright intolerable. o_O I bought the game last summer when it was on sale for $3, which was a cheap enough investment to take a risk on it. After about 20 minutes, the novelty wore off and I didn't care to keep playing. Considering I spent only $3, I didn't mind.

About a month later, I showed it to my cousin's 18-year-old daughter (an avid gamer) and we played the game together for several hours. She controlled the keyboard, I controlled the mouse, and we didn't coordinate what we were trying to do. The lulz we got from it more than made up for the money I spent on the game, but I still haven't touched it since that day.

If you can enjoy Goat Simulator solo, more power to you. Otherwise, I'd recommend experiencing the game vicariously through YouTube videos and don't waste your money.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I'm disappointed this isn't going to get Oculus Rift first person compatibility.

Hyperstorm said:
Do I want this?

People tend to enjoy it ironically just from the incredibly bizarre concept. To be honest the in-jokes about having GoatVR and an MMO and all the other stupid news that comes out every so often about it are kind of the main feature of the game, not the game itself, that's why this is the actual disclaimer at the bottom of their website

Goat Simulator is a small, broken and stupid game. It was made in a couple of weeks so don?t expect a game in the size and scope of GTA with goats. In fact, you?re better off not expecting anything at all actually. To be completely honest, it would be best if you?d spend your $10 on a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe a real-life goat.
Here's what it's really actually like, judge for yourself whether you want to put money towards it:

And here's the