God of War 3 Teases ... Something

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Trifixion said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Who here remembers how the special features of the original God Of War told the story of Kratos' brother?
I think you're onto something and I believe this is where God Of War IV is going to go...here's why (theory below, contains some spoilers):

Obviously, as you mentioned, there's the reference to Kratos's brother in the special features in God Of War I. Can't really be considered to be a confirmed canonical story element, as the special features also have the bit about Cronos living another 1000 years, which he obviously didn't...

In the ending (post-credits) cutscene of God Of War: Chains Of Olympus, Athena makes a comment: "He'll live...they must." It's never been explained who "they" refers to.

In Hades in God Of War 3, you find a note from someone who is apparently (not confirmed, but given that all the other notes you find are from people who have interacted with Kratos in one way or another, I don't know who else it could be) Kratos's mother, stating how she tried her best to raise him, but listing his evil deeds...one of which is killing his brother. This is clearly not a reference to Ares (who I guess was technically his half-brother), as the note implies it happens before Kratos killed his wife and child.

Just before the last battle against Zeus, when Gaia shows up, Zeus taunts her with a comment about "her pawn failing" or some such, also stating, "Perhaps you should have chosen the other." Who could "the other" be referring to?

So my theory is that God Of War IV will focus on the story of the "grown-up-in-the-underworld" brother of Kratos rising to prominence and/or seeking revenge now that the world is in chaos. After all, it's been said by the devs essentially that "this is NOT the last God Of War game, but it IS the end of Kratos's story arc."

Makes sense to me, anyway...what do you think?
I think you've summed that up pretty well. It's kind of like the end of the Metal Gear Solid Series. It's the "Solid" Arc that ended. We have to explain how The Metal Gears were turned into Mechs for Z.O.E. somehow. (Notice the Jehuty statue on Grennin's desk in MGS3:Snake Eater).

shenigo

Apr 14, 2010
could any of you be any more wrong about this site.
When the red bar fills the site will be complete. Most likely showing a video of kratos lunging out of the water only to survive his seemingly deadly blow.
God of war is not over.. the ending was a cliff hanger and now we get to see what the world of chaos is. Remember if you watched the ending credits you see the blood trailing to the cliff into the water below.

bowserboy26578

Oct 23, 2008
I think it has something to do with that line from the Poseidon Boss fight. Remember he would say "Atlantis will be avenged"? Maybe a DLC the kind of goes back to when Kratos was God of War and he is seiging Atlantis just like he did Rhodes.

On a differnet spectrum, does anyone else kinda see Kratos in the ripples of the water. Cuz I do.

BloodyViking

Dec 24, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
Well, seeing that
*EXTREME SPOILER ALERT!!! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!*
*SERIOUSLY!!!*
*NOT THAT YOU HAVE A PS3 OR EVER GONNA GET ONE SO YOU PROBABLY WILL NEVER FIND OUT ANYWAY!!!*

Kratos is as dead as dead gets.
It's either gonna be a prequel or about someone else. (which is pretty fucking obvious).
*****ANOTHER EXTREME SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME!!!!!!!*********

Note, however, the final scene of the game shows the trail of blood leading off the cliff's edge. Notice where Kratos once lay dead there is a figure of a bird... A Phoenix perhaps? A Phoenix who rises from the ashes to live again...

I don't know, but just suggesting. I think the whole website is dedicated to DLC that was promised. Perhaps it's a multi-player set-up that was in discussion before the game's release. But, I have no freaking clue. Just wondering.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
Okay, i think it's Kratos's brother, they told us he want revenge for abandoning him to die in the mountains.
there is also a letter found in Hades talking a bot "He becomes a god while i rot in here, le me have my revenge".
I think Kratos's brother is the one who dragged Kratos off the cliff.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
And now the countdown is done and God of War: Ghost of Sparta for the PSP has been announced.

HURRAY!