God of War III Developed for $44 Million

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Are these games ever going to be available for the PC? They look like so much fun.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well at least they stayed in there budget...but geeeeez! That is alot of £££ to be sure!

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Jaredin said:
Well at least they stayed in there budget...but geeeeez! That is alot of £££ to be sure!
It's a big playstation title mind, I was expecting it to actually cost more.

Ahh well from what i've seen the collection of games I wish I had but don't because I don't have a PS3 grew by one.

EDIT: Actually surprised modern warfare 2 wasn't up there in the top ten, with it being the highest grossing game of all time.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
madbird-valiant said:
I'd get slaughtered if I said what was actually on my mind while reading this, so I'll instead say "Woo! Halo 3 is in the top 10". Also, holy balls, $100m for GTA 4 D: It didn't feel like $100m worth.
Wanna bet that none of that money went to any of the voice actors?

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Hopefully with this big a budget, they made even greater detailed quicktime event buttons.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
It has to sell at least 1 million copies so that is a guaranteed profit for 16 million. More likely 3+ million will be sold so yeah, massive amounts of money for Sony.

Feb 13, 2008
Mornelithe said:
madbird-valiant said:
I'd get slaughtered if I said what was actually on my mind while reading this, so I'll instead say "Woo! Halo 3 is in the top 10". Also, holy balls, $100m for GTA 4 D: It didn't feel like $100m worth.
It does on PC ;)
PC GTA 4 was god-awful. Vice City beats it by a mile in overall gameplay.

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
squid5580 said:
OMG they plan on making a God of War clone next.

I can't believe it cost that much to make. Was that including the hooker and blow fund? Since they already have everything there set up for them I just don't see why it cost 44M to make it shiny.
Developing time * salaries (which include programmers, PR personnel, cutscene artists, supervisors, sound team, etc. After all, there's 132 mouths to feed) + making of discs, covers, shipping, advertising, etc. 44M ain't that much when you think about it.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
GTA4 cost $100m??? Geebus... for a game that horrible? Don't get me wrong the story was pretty decent, but the cars... it felt like trying to control a shopping trolley, you'd think for that kind of dosh they could make it you know... fun to drive around.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Julianking93 said:
It'll be worth it.

I'm predicting this to be my game of the year.
it already got a 10/10 by Machinimas reviewer, Mr. Sark, so it looks to be pretty awesome.

Feb 13, 2008
Mornelithe said:
I disagree, I mean Nikko Bellic is no Tommy Vercetti, and there are obvious improvements Rock Star can make on their current engine.
Perhaps Bellic was a more rounded character, but with the addition of GTFO I could get a maximum framerate of 14FPS. And it was Soooooooo grey.
EDIT: Vice City is badass though, no denying it heh.
I actually hated the whole franchise until I saw that. :)

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Wow, that's a lot of money (though not as much as what I would've thought).
I hope for the dev's sake it lives up to the hype that's built around it...

kordo

Jan 8, 2010
Orcus_35 said:
this shows you can do much better games with less cash.
Agreed. They are throwing all that $$$ into what will be a mediocre game if its predecessors are anything to go by. Quite funny.