God of War Ragnarok Thread

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Looks like the game is half off right now on the PS Store. Anyone play this on a base PS4? How did it hold up?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Plays great on the basic model PS4.
Hngggg that is tempting, thank you. I was planning on getting it secondhand, but 30 bucks ain't bad... Guess I'll see, if they announce a PC port any time soon I might hold off.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hngggg that is tempting, thank you. I was planning on getting it secondhand, but 30 bucks ain't bad... Guess I'll see, if they announce a PC port any time soon I might hold off.
Whenever the PC port does come out, it's more than likely going to be $50 on release. BTW, the PS4 version of Ragnarok does have slightly longer loading times compared to the PS5 version, but it is not by much. If you have a PS4 Pro, it's near instantaneous next to a PS5.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Looks like the game is half off right now on the PS Store. Anyone play this on a base PS4? How did it hold up?
I did and it was nearly identical to the 2018 game. I think there was a bug that made it crash at a certain area but it was patched like a week later and never happened again. Visually a bit more detailed. Ran as smoothly as the first game for me. I guess that’s one thing Sony has always been good about is squeezing performance out of older hardware.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I did and it was nearly identical to the 2018 game. I think there was a bug that made it crash at a certain area but it was patched like a week later and never happened again.
I never did that bug and only knew about it way after the fact. Glad it didn't take long to fix.

I guess that’s one thing Sony has always been good about is squeezing performance out of older hardware.
Yep.
  • PS2 - God of War II and Shadow of Colossus
  • PS3 - The Last of Us and God of War Ascension
  • PSP - Ghost of Sparta
  • PS4 - The Last of Us Part II (uugggghhh!!!) and God of War: Rag

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Would love if they dived deeper into bridging this huge gap. For it to be left like, “Kratos wandered north and hid out *shrugs*” isn’t giving this character enough of a deserved catalyst for what we saw him as in GoW 2018 and the sequel. Visiting a destroyed Greece either via flashback or rift jump or something on modern hardware would be pretty spectacular too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I got GoW: Raganrok for free by trading in some games I'm not playing anymore. I'll be ready for the DLC on Tuesday.
I’ll have to wait until I renew my PS+ Essential. It sucks that the Black Friday 30% discount only applied to the most expensive option.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

So it looks like it's a massively overhauled Nilflheim challenge from the GOW 2018. I guess it is adding ton a new stuff compared to that and no one should really complain as it's free, but I was kinda hoping for one last narrative-driven adventure for Kratos; Some sort of epilogue. Oh well, still looks great and I will patiently wait for the eventual pc release

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So it looks like it's a massively overhauled Nilflheim challenge from the GOW 2018. I guess it is adding ton a new stuff compared to that and no one should really complain as it's free, but I was kinda hoping for one last narrative-driven adventure for Kratos; Some sort of epilogue. Oh well, still looks great and I will patiently wait for the eventual pc release
It's basically a rouge-lite mode/realm, but it's still something new and to get people playing again. I'll take it. I have my save files. they work, the used copy I got works, and I am ready for tomorrow evening.

Reactions: FakeSympathy