Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ooh, two nontroversies for the price of one! Graphics and accessibility!
I haven't read the articles yet, but what is with certain gaming fans and the need to hate all stuff, just for having more accessibility? If you don't want to use them, fine enough, but don't ruin it for everybody else. Some of these people seem to hate them more than a graphical downgrades at times.

Looks like color correction to me, not downgrade. Now the characters don't look like they glow like Twilight Vampires.
Don't you love 7th generation bloom and shininess? Don't you want that classic seventh generation feeling?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvanus

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Looks like color correction to me, not downgrade. Now the characters don't look like they glow like Twilight Vampires.

It's also amazing how much different games can look with a lighting change. Santa Monica Studio if anything is usually known for upgrading visuals so I'm not too concerned at all.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
7th gen....oh, the XBOX360 and the PS3. That's when everything started looking wierdly brown and muddled, right? Yeah, I don't want to see that come back.

Why was that a thing again?
I hope @BrawlMan doesn't mind me taking up TV Tropes linking duties.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Tis good news.

What else is still slated for a 2022 release in the AAA-space? I know that Saint's Row comes out in August, but beyond that I have forgotten what else is going to hit the holiday season this year entirely.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Tis good news.

What else is still slated for a 2022 release in the AAA-space? I know that Saint's Row comes out in August, but beyond that I have forgotten what else is going to hit the holiday season this year entirely.
Bayonetta 3. Supposedly it's release is around the holidays or close to it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Tis good news.

Everyone else got scared by Elden Ring, straight into next year.

That's a joke but I can't think of anything better right now.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Everyone else got scared by Elden Ring, straight into next year.

That's a joke but I can't think of anything better right now.
I mean most of the shit that came out this year already was SUPPOSED to come out last year. 2022 is only good because everything got kicked out of 2021. But now that all that is done I'm like....WTF else is supposed to come out this year?

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
like....WTF else is supposed to come out this year?
Bayonetta 3.

Also, I suggest you start looking at the, mid-budget, smaller, or indie games. There's plenty of those coming out later this summer, fall, and winter. AAA ain't doing much shit right now.

Start on your back catalog too.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I mean most of the shit that came out this year already was SUPPOSED to come out last year. 2022 is only good because everything got kicked out of 2021. But now that all that is done I'm like....WTF else is supposed to come out this year?
Oh, I know what you mean. Gonna keep kicking those cans I guess?

BOTW2 I understand more because it never had a definite release date IIRC(if I'm wrong please correct me) and Nintendo can be super perfectionist about their big titles.

No idea about everything else.

I'm not super bummed. I've got numerous other games I'm ready to jump into after I finish ER(hopefully soon). Pretty sure Aegis Rim: 13 sentinels is gonna be next because I've heard a lot of good things about that and it looks like a good palate cleanser after a giant FROM game

Last edited: