Goddammit iTunes!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Does Apple hate Canada or something? We get all their products late anyways, and now this rant. I decided to say fuck it, and get iTunes on my computer so I could watch the back catalog of some shows. I want to use Paypal as my billing method, but guess what? Only the United States Paypal services iTunes! Nope, I need to get a credit card if I want to pay up north.

What's the point of this? Why are they shutting out paypal users in Canada?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
does your country have something against paypal where they dont accept it as a true form of online payment?

cause other then that I wouldnt know. I dont use iTunes, largely for disdain of apple but also their early troubles. Id idnt want to be associated with them.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
It's apple, they screw their own user base all the time. Remember the fiasco they had when they brought out a new version of itunes that wasnt backwards compatible? you had to get new itunes software that only worked with the newest apple OS and devices.

I.N.producer

May 26, 2011
Apple's pretty concerned about looking cutting-edge, so maybe they thought, "Gee PayPal is old, they just aren't hip enough for our image."

The only really weird thing is this only being in Canada. If it is only in Canada.