GOG Launches Fall Insomnia Sale

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
BigTuk said:
lacktheknack said:
BigTuk said:
Allspice said:
Guess so. Doesn't really matter though, the games are going very quickly.
True and that's the point... why artificially limit your sales to a set number. it's like selling 10 apples when you could just as easily sell fifty. It's also a matter that the sale literally breezes by two fast. you look a way for 3 minutes and two tiles have already zipped by? YOu have no idea what titles are going up and no idea when.
And?

That's the whole thrill. Some of us aren't so super srs about our sales that we can't recognize and partake in a bit of thrilling fun.

I thought we were gamers.
Man, you know the rich people. :p
Wat?

So far, I've spent $1.50, missed a sale I wanted and missed several freebies.

I'm probably the poorest guy in the thread.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
I don't know, artificially creating a limited resource out of something that is infinite to increase demand and trick people into impulse purchases just seems... wrong.

Allspice

Mar 1, 2011
BigTuk said:
lacktheknack said:
BigTuk said:
lacktheknack said:
BigTuk said:
Allspice said:
True and that's the point... why artificially limit your sales to a set number. it's like selling 10 apples when you could just as easily sell fifty. It's also a matter that the sale literally breezes by two fast. you look a way for 3 minutes and two tiles have already zipped by? YOu have no idea what titles are going up and no idea when.
And?

That's the whole thrill. Some of us aren't so super srs about our sales that we can't recognize and partake in a bit of thrilling fun.

Wat?

You aren't. When you can drop $1.50 without a second thought on a game.. you're doing pretty well.
You must be super poor if spending $1.50 on anything would be a cause for concern.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
BigTuk said:
lacktheknack said:
BigTuk said:
lacktheknack said:
BigTuk said:
Allspice said:
And?

Wat?

You aren't. When you can drop $1.50 without a second thought on a game.. you're doing pretty well.
without second thought

OK. If that's how you insist on painting me in your brain. -_____-

Also, I really have to wonder what you consider to be "doing well". $1.50 is less than half a sandwich.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
So yeah, the sales are repeating for sure. Hotline Miami is on the block again.

That adds a lot of wiggle room to those complaining about enforced scarcity (which, considering they didn't have to do a sale at all, is a laugh and a half).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
BigTuk said:
It's the effect the forced scacity has that has me complaining. by god three times I've h a sale end mid way through filling in my purchase info or in the time it takes me to actually click on the game to get a little info about it.
How fascinating. When I got my copy of Ultima VII (the one game I bought), the sale ran out as I filled in my card info, but it didn't tell me tough luck... because it locks the copy to your account instantly when you click "purchase".

-____-

BigTuk said:
When you have to stretch a cup of ramen across two meals... then you'll be at my level. Sucks when your country is going through a recession, especially when your ass hat leaders believe the best way out of the recession is to lump more bloody taxes on people's heads.
...You can't afford more than a bowl of ramen a day, but you ostensibly attempted to buy a game not once, not twice, but THREE times?

incandenza

Sep 1, 2010
this sale has been absolutely nuts, i've been checking into it on and off since this afternoon, like 1000 copies of nwn2 gone in 2 minutes, etc etc etc. but then jack keane. its like a demented psychology experiment. !