GOG Uploads System Shock 2

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
YESYESYESOPKDAPÜODKASL

I want to play this game so badly and they rerelease when I have 2 months holidays, and also a month before Heart of the Swarm is released?
Ducking Jackpot!

I remember how I tried to get a hold of that game, I even pirated it, but I never got it to run on my systems, so I am really happy to see this happening.

EDIT: Also I hope us Germans get, as it is usual with GOG, the uncut version and not the one with pukish-green blood, we originally got here.

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
And this happens ONE GODDAMN WEEK after I manage to track down a disc copy? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU------

Well, at least I somehow managed to only pay $10 for the disc, so I'm not out any cash.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I can't believe this is possible, but my wallet actually went straight through one of my monitors.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
YES! Instant purchase the very second it is available, I spent several weeks worth of all nighters just replaying the goddamn demo of this game back when it came out, same for the full game

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
My God its actually happening. I don't know who this Stephen Kick fella is, but the man deserves a beer for rescuing System Shock from the abyss.

Wallet prepare yourself! You're taking another hit for the team.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I have been waiting so long for this game to become available through a legal means, totally buying this tonight.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh HELL yes. Haven't played this game in 13 years, it'll be fun to go back to it.

Now that they got System Shock 2, can they now focus all efforts on getting ONI? Because that would be awesome.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
There is a god......

Systam shock 2 a game i love can now get played on modern PC's...

I must rebuy this

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I'll buy it immediately. I need this game. Badly. 17 more hours. That means I'll be able to play it tomorrow after work and all that jazz. And then the weekend looms. Lucky me, I actually took the following week off for other reasons. Hm.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
*squee*

That sums up my reaction. I never even had the game, just played it at a friends house when i was smaller.
Guess this wil be my valentines plan, a date with SHODAN ^^ If i come back a bit cybernetically altered, no worries, meant was love at first sight!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I can actually feel my wallet warming up and is starting to sizzle my buttock. I have a feeling it will not cool down until I purchase this. It's a shame I can't really use a mouse for prolonged periods at the moment.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Since M Bison was already taken, here's my revised feelings on the subject:

I mean, I never even played System Shock 2, but I've heard some really good things about it. Like, it's on nearly every "best game ever" list, like Deus Ex - even those that aren't restricted to the PC. Also that PSI is not a very good thing to put all your points into.

"Don't pick PSI because it's fairly useless."

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Welp. I've wanted to play this game for an awful long time, but have never been able to find a copy. And come to think of it, I haven't bought anything from GOG in quite a while. So, I guess the combination of finally getting to play this game and wanting to support GOG leads me naturally to this reaction:

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
oktalist said:
And people say Deus Ex hasn't aged well. *roll eyes*
Agreed. There was a mod project however to update the character and creature models to something a little less stick-figure looking if that's gonna be the only thing holding you back. :)

Glad to see this game again, coop campaign multiplayer FTW!

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
Teoes said:
Question please: is much knowledge of the first System Shock required to "get" SS2, or is it all neatly contained?

My understanding is that there's c40 years between games and we control a different protagonist, but the antagonist is the same (Spoiler that box-art oh em eff gee!). This suggests it is not so essential to have played the first.
During the major reveal of SHODAN there will be some plot elements that you will probably enjoy more if you've gone through the first, as well as the game's finale has some references I won't spoil, but other then that no, you do not need to play the first game before System Shock 2.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
it's awesome to hear that radio interview with Ken from '99
Amazing game, fucking buy it already