Going to be starting Demon Souls soon.

BaronVonVaderHam

Jan 17, 2018
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
I always try to get my world tendency in 1-1 to unlock the gate near the starting point, so I can get the Executioner's gear. Granted its locked to female characters only, but its my favorite gear look and once you get the spawn pattern of the mobs before entering her tower down, you can aggro-kite her back to the starting point and cheap shot her down as she de-aggros just before the teleport point giving you a free-shot or two and maybe a backstab, or some solid starting magic hits. Either way if you can get the gate to open early on with a lower level character, the armor's pretty decent and its not too hard a fight to cheese, its just a little bit of a ***** to kill the mobs that spawn before you reach her since they hit hard and there's a lot of them, but they can be triggered in small stages.
Now that would be interesting to see a clip of. I?m all for witty gameplay shortcuts, especially in games like these.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wait, didn't they just shut down the servers for Demon Souls? Won't that make it only half the experience?

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Once you kill a boss, you gain the human form. Once you're a human, the first thing you should do is go to the nexus, climb up some stairs, jump off and kill yourself to revert back to the soul form.

(Without having to do explain much, it has to do with what is called world tendencies.)

BaronVonVaderHam

Jan 17, 2018
mysecondlife said:
Once you kill a boss, you gain the human form. Once you're a human, the first thing you should do is go to the nexus, climb up some stairs, jump off and kill yourself to revert back to the soul form.

(Without having to do explain much, it has to do with what is called world tendencies.)

Without having to explain much, I?m guessing you were already an expert at this strategy?

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
hanselthecaretaker said:
mysecondlife said:

Without having to explain much, I?m guessing you were already an expert at this strategy?

Expert at what? Dying?
I found it to be the easiest way to get to the Pure White World Tendency so I can explore all that the game has to offer. I found it much harder to get to Pure White than Pure Black.

BaronVonVaderHam

Jan 17, 2018
mysecondlife said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
mysecondlife said:

Expert at what? Dying?
I found it to be the easiest way to get to the Pure White World Tendency so I can explore all that the game has to offer. I found it much harder to get to Pure White than Pure Black.
Your username, man. But yeah, white is tougher to achieve. I think the gift from getting pure white was my last trophy.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
mysecondlife said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
mysecondlife said:

Expert at what? Dying?
Because there're only so many bosses you can kill per world, whereas you can die in body form as much as you please.
At least the possibility of borking world tendency via online will be gone once the servers are down.

BaronVonVaderHam

Jan 17, 2018
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
Wait, didn't they just shut down the servers for Demon Souls? Won't that make it only half the experience?
Two days from now and not really.
I'm pretty much going to be playing it offline anyway. This is personal, but I don't like online games that much. And I esp don't like the idea of somebody invading my game just to mess me up.

But great advice so far.

One question though. I know that first boss Vanguard is supposed to kill you because your supposed to die to get into the Nexus. However I know he's also beatable in the first encounter. Is there any advantage to just trying to beat him the first time around. Are those few new items you get worth it?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
BaronVonVaderHam said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
I'm pretty much going to be playing it offline anyway. This is personal, but I don't like online games that much. And I esp don't like the idea of somebody invading my game just to mess me up.

But great advice so far.

One question though. I know that first boss Vanguard is supposed to kill you because your supposed to die to get into the Nexus. However I know he's also beatable in the first encounter. Is there any advantage to just trying to beat him the first time around. Are those few new items you get worth it?
You get a bunch of consumables, none of them particularly rare but a nice starter pack overall.

4 Full Moon Grass
3 Renowned Soldier's Souls
3 Shard of Hardstone
3 Shard of Sharpstone
1 Grey Demon's Soul

Every one of those items is an easy find/buy with the exception of Grey Demon's Soul, but you get to fight Vanguard later on regardless and he drops it.

BaronVonVaderHam

Jan 17, 2018
BaronVonVaderHam said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:

But great advice so far.

There are a few items that might help initially, similar to the gifts at the start of Dark Souls. They certainly aren't needed though, and unless you're the hardcore OCD type that needs to defeat every boss, don't sweat it.

You actually run into him again later in the game anyways.

BaronVonVaderHam

Jan 17, 2018
RIP, online portion of Demon's Souls. It was official as of 1AM PST. Hopefully it will be graced with a worthwhile remaster sometime in the future, and dedicated servers like Dark Souls remaster is getting.