Golden Bonnie? - Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009

Just in case you fine fellows hadn't seen it yet/weren't aware of its existence until now, the teaser trailer for the next hit in the indie horror franchise has arrived.

Plot synopsis from the Steam Greenlight page:

Thirty years after Freddy Fazbear's Pizza closed it's doors, the events that took place there have become nothing more than a rumor and a childhood memory, but the owners of "Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction" are determined to revive the legend and make the experience as authentic as possible for patrons, going to great lengths to find anything that might have survived decades of neglect and ruin.

At first there were only empty shells, a hand, a hook, an old paper-plate doll, but then a remarkable discovery was made...

The attraction now has one animatronic.

I personally see this new animatronic to be quite horrifying, not to mention this is the first time an animatronic actually "moves" (as opposed to being a still image in terms of the game engine) since Foxy from the original Five Nights at Freddy's. Not to mention that Scott Cawthon, the developer, seems to be cranking these games out at an alarming rate. Do any of you feel like these games have overstayed their welcome, or is this just another case of striking while the iron is hot, as was very much the case with the original's recently-released sequel a couple months ago?

From what I have heard, this next iteration into the franchise will be released on February the 5th. Regardless, if you want to vote for the game's support on Steam Greenlight (not like it really needs it, but I digress) you can do so here if you wish [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381852545].

So..what do you all think? Thoughts, opinions, etc.?

[sub]Source: Steam Greenlight [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381852545][/sub]

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
It looks scary. I haven't played any of the games but I have been interested in the story that it has been telling. So I'm hoping with this third installment we might get some answers to a few questions. Although if the guy kept making these games I just wonder how many times he can get away with it.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Already? Dame, these things are coming out way too fast, I'm almost feeling like they're shovelware just by the name. I wonder how long the burnout will take, given how like everything horror that just keeps going will burn itself out once the next thing comes along (and it always does).

Personally I'm not that excited, I like horror that doesn't involve jump-scares so FNaF was never my cut of blood.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Oooohhhhh, I am hyped :D

I really think this series is one of the more unique horror franchises to come out and I want to see where it all goes

Plus, the games are pretty reasonably cheap and I have no qualms buying them to support the dev

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Golden Bonnie is terrifying.

Also, I'm really hoping for a Freddy animatronic and for Marionette to still be around.

EmperorZinyak

Aug 3, 2014
My theory is that the new animatronic is the Phone Guy from the first game. Perhaps he was the original murderer, and his victims, the possessed animatronics, took their revenge by stuffing him into a suit?

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
EmperorZinyak said:
My theory is that the new animatronic is the Phone Guy from the first game. Perhaps he was the original murderer, and his victims, the possessed animatronics, took their revenge by stuffing him into a suit?
Given what we know about the lore, the phone guy's the killer and he is dead. This new animatronic being the phone guy is the only explaination that makes sense.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I'm actually fairly impressed by the ramping up in graphical fidelity (models aren't silly as hell anymore) Scott went with on this one. That one teaser image gave me some decent expectations, and I wasn't disappointed by this teaser trailer either.

Good for him. Ride that train while it lasts. If he keeps on improving the product noticeably sequel after sequel it might last quite a while.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
i just think its weird that 6 months ago, no one would have ever head of Five Nights at Freddys. Now we're going on game number 3...
And maybe its just me, but it the time between each new game decreasing? I hope we don't get an over-saturation where every week we get a new 5 Nights.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Zontar said:
Already? Dame, these things are coming out way too fast, I'm almost feeling like they're shovelware just by the name. I wonder how long the burnout will take, given how like everything horror that just keeps going will burn itself out once the next thing comes along (and it always does).

Personally I'm not that excited, I like horror that doesn't involve jump-scares so FNaF was never my cut of blood.
Silentpony said:
i just think its weird that 6 months ago, no one would have ever head of Five Nights at Freddys. Now we're going on game number 3...
And maybe its just me, but it the time between each new game decreasing? I hope we don't get an over-saturation where every week we get a new 5 Nights.
They're $5-$10 that can be completed within the hour. I'm not seeing the "shovelware" comparison here. Do people think the Telltale Games are shovelware as well? Because it's the exact same business strategy. There is lore that interests people and striking while those mysterious are hot stuff is a lot smarter than waiting for the thing to cool.

OT: Looks interesting, the animations have greatly improved over the other games. Hopefully it's good.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
Cool, I guess. This is the one game I watch Markplier for, because his schtick works on that.

I'm on the fence about the games overall. The theories about the game are interesting with the little bits of lore pasted into the games, but I'm also wary about it. It seems it's gotten to the point that people praise the game for its story telling, when maybe it's less the creator thinking of it, but putting in enough random stuff to make it seem like there is a story, but there isn't. Will be interesting to see though, and it is nice to see something like this get liked so much.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Not going to lie, everything in that summary I kind of wrote off as fluff except for "The horror attraction".
I thought, "Huh, now it's a horror thing even in it's own universe, that's pretty cool."
Then I read "The attraction now has one animatronic" and that really perked my eyebrow.
It's giving me Alien: Isolation vibes, I'm liking this only-one-threat system, which may not be the case but I'm hoping it is. I guess I'm just more excited for one really big bad threat than four or five or six slightly smaller threats. Not that the other animatrons were *small* threats, but taking the danger of them all and concentrating them into one really, really evil enemy, I like that idea.
We'll just have to see how it turns out, I'm buying it either say.
On a related note, I hope this is the last one. I might keep buying them if he keeps pumping them out but even a fanboy like me can find it getting a little dry. Besides, Scott Cawthon is very good at his horror and I'd like to see him bring that talent to a new universe.

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
Extra-Ordinary said:
Not that the other animatrons were *small* threats, but taking the danger of them all and concentrating them into one really, really evil enemy, I like that idea.
Based on the random parts scattered around in the video (the box in the office in particular) and "At first there were only empty shells, a hand, a hook, an old paper-plate doll, but then a remarkable discovery was made...", concentrating them into one may be all too literal. Heck, the teaser image on the website was named "whatcanweuse.jpg"

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
The first one was released in August. The second in November. Now the third in January or feburary. Thats a pretty quick release schedule but to be fair the second game didnt feel like anything more then a mod. The jury's out on this third one since I havnt played or watched it but I do feel like hes milking the franchise a bit.

However people seem to be buying it up so maybe hes filling that void for a management game with jumpscares. As for the story Im not sure where I stand on it. I thought the first games story was alright if a little contrived, the second one Im still not sure what it was about. This third one however is actually a little interesting. That idea of a house of horrors themed around the childrens "stories" of Freddys is actually kind of interesting. Especially if you end up playing the person collecting those relics

I guess the good thing is when people finally get tired of Five nights at freddies games he'll have plenty of money to make something new

communist gamer

Jul 9, 2014
So one more half-assed game for youtubers to scream and jump when playing. I really dont get the hype and obssesion about a flash game (because that what it is when you get down to it, a glorfied flash game) that is sucha a obvious money grab that if it put a swirly thing on its forhead they could be considered Ubisoft. Guys, i get that the sotry is intriging and interesting but why the cult around it?

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
communist gamer said:
I really dont get the hype and obssesion about a flash game (because that what it is when you get down to it, a glorfied flash game) that is sucha a obvious money grab that if it put a swirly thing on its forhead they could be considered Ubisoft. Guys, i get that the sotry is intriging and interesting but why the cult around it?
It's not a money grab. He is not doing anything anti-consumer: people know exactly what they're getting from a FNAF game, and they want more of them, so he's giving it to them.

Me? I tip my hat to Scott. It shows that you don't need a multi-million dollar budget to make a good game, and that even a lone developer using basic tools can make hundreds of thousands of dollars with the right idea.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Welp, it's official, FNaF is now the Paranormal Activity of gaming.
First one was kinda neat if a bit gimmicky and jump-scary, always looked like shit but it was low budget and independently made, so it got a pass. Word of mouth spread around, it gained a cult following due to significant web presence (a good ad campaign on PA's part (DEMAND IT!), and popularity among Youtube celebrities on FnAF's), and then they cranked out sequel after underwhelming sequel.

Also, calling it right now, in five years we're gonna see big budget reboots of both franchises.
And they're both gonna suck.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
My guess is that is new animatronic is a combination of all the leftover parts from the old animatronics. I'm probably way off though.

Reguardless, I can see why others would be concerned that Scott is milking it a bit and he is. At the same time they are only a five dollar games and have a fair amount of quality to them so I don't mind. I can't blam him for milking the franchise while it is still fresh in people's minds.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Looks like the same gimmick for the third time: Animatronics are creepy.
*shrugs*

The first FNAF wasn't all that great apart from its novelty. Nights 4 and 5 are more about random chance than player skill or timing and the rest of the "game" isn't all that difficult or engaging. Which is a shame, because it looked like there was some room for gameplay based on threat assessment and power management.

With that amount of depth, it's less of a "game" and more of a cheap thrill; small wonder why they're being cranked out as fast as they are.

(From what I've seen, Dungeon of the Endless does the whole "survive via level power management" thing and infinitely better; though I haven't played it myself yet...*sigh*, backlogs)