Golems of Amgarrak DLC Coming to Dragon Age: Origins

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Golems of Amgarrak DLC Coming to Dragon Age: Origins

Get ready to return to the Deep Roads in Dragon Age: Origins [http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/] that's coming in August.

Golems of Amgarrak will feature the return of the Warden and his stalwart companions as they search for a missing Dwarven expedition that was questing in the Deep Roads for the lost secret of Golem creation. Nobody knows what happened but it's probably nothing good because, as BioWare points out, "Only you can uncover the gruesome fate that befell them," and "gruesome fates" are usually bad news.

"Golems is seriously tough. If you played through Origins and thought it couldn't keep up with your mad skills, then this is the DLC for you," Ferret Baudoin of BioWare told MMORPG.com [http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/4421/page/1]. "Unless you bring your A-game you won't last long. Getting the hardest achievement for this DLC is a real badge of honor. Only a handful of BioWarians managed that accomplishment."

While the secret of Golem creation has been lost since the disappearance of Paragon Caridin centuries ago, rumors persist that a laboratory exists far, far down in the Deep Roads, where new Golems are being made. "Expeditions sent on far patrols in the deep roads occasionally come across strange golems doing amazing things," Baudoin continued. "Some say that perhaps it was leftover golems from the Legion of Steel. But others whisper, 'Amgarrak.' Certainly if anyone managed to find the Halls of Amgarrak, they should expect some amazing things."

Golems of Amgarrak will feature new environments, characters, creatures and more, and will allow players to import their characters from Origins or Awakenings, or start over again with a brand-new, high-level hero. Playing the new DLC will also unlock "reward items" that will turn up in both Origins and Awakening, but BioWare's Rob Bartel warned that it won't be an easy task. "We want to emphasize that the Golems of Amgarrak is a very challenging quest and not for the faint of heart, particularly when played on Hard or Nightmare difficulty," he said. "As for the secret horrors at which the trailer hints, we'll leave that for only our bravest of players to discover."

Golems of Amgarrak is scheduled for release on August 10 at a cost of $5 on the PlayStation Network, 400 Microsoft Points for the Xbox 360 or 400 BioWare Points for the PC.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Glad heading back down to the low roads! Although not with fighting the golams again...pain in the backside ><

Well, something to boot up Dragon Age for me again!

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Anyone else notice the traces of the ME2 soundtrack in the background? Thought that was funny.

Anyway, I haven't really been digging their DLC for DA, so I don't think I'm getting this one. Especially if it's supposed to be really really hard. Unfortunately, DA just hasn't been as endearing as ME has, so unless it's really important plot-wise, I'll pass on the majority of DA DLC.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Nooo! My money! I might as well just give my back account...An other DLC i have to buy.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ooh. I've always found the concept of the Low Roads intriguing, so any chance to go back there again is welcome. Also now I'm curious how "hard" this "really hard" will actually work out to. Definitely picking it up to find out!

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
Sweet merciful crap, Dragon Age DLC seems to come out with alarming frequency! I don't think I've even bought the last three or four.

Sigh. I know I'll end up getting it, even if I never fire up DA again aside from getting it. No, scratch that, one of these eons I'll get back to it. I was in the middle of a second play-through, after all.

That ought to take care of my comments for the month.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Did anyone else notice they used "Suicide Mission" from ME2 for the music?

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
I would just like to add myself to the list of people who stopped paying attention to the trailer as they realised the ME2 music in the background.

It looks good tho, probably.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Hard?

The gauntlet has been thrown down, time to face the challenge!

I cant wait.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Holy frakking cock that looks awesome.
I need to get all the DLCs in one big bunch some time.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I was sceptical intill I read "able to import your existing DA characters".
I suppose the last DLC Leliana's Song gives hope as well (despite it not expanding your character's story, it still was an engaging story and the voice acting of your own character was a good plus too).

I hope this is not the Golem anvil which you destroy/keep in the deep roads when looking for Branka. I was slightly annoyed that the last DLC told you stuff you already knew. But it did kind of flesh it out. I will buy this DLC. I hope it's long enough.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Hot damn, I haven't even finished the actual game yet, and there is already around 10 packs of DLC!

kinky257

Apr 15, 2009
Didnt we discover the secrets of golem creation in Dragon Age: Origins?... you know the whole sequence with
The crazy Dwarf Paragon lady, "Branca" or some thing wasn't it, you know the wife of the dwarf you can recruit? And it lead to some giant soul forge thing with a big rock and the names of every one turned into a golem next to it...and depending on your decision you could of destroyed or leave it alone?
Please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly, but i thought this was pretty well trodden already.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
kinky257 said:
Didnt we discover the secrets of golem creation in Dragon Age: Origins?... you know the whole sequence with
The crazy Dwarf Paragon lady, "Branca" or some thing wasn't it, you know the wife of the dwarf you can recruit? And it lead to some giant soul forge thing with a big rock and the names of every one turned into a golem next to it...and depending on your decision you could of destroyed or left it alone?
Please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly, but i thought this was pretty well trodden already.
No, you're right... unless they are proposing a secondary method, maybe the Darkspawn are creating them now?

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Tarakos said:
Anyone else notice the traces of the ME2 soundtrack in the background? Thought that was funny.
NINJA'D!!!!!

But I know a challenge when I hear it. I would want to count myself in that elite group of BioWarians. Bring it on, DLC!

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Skipping this one, if only because I loathed the Deep Roads. In fact, I didn't like much of the Orzammar section at all, to be honest. I avoid it as much as possible.