Good Bad Flicks: Exploring Daredevil

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Exploring Daredevil

Exploring the 2003 Daredevil feature film.

Watch Video

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Video could not be loaded ..unsupported format .. => doesn't load in Firefox with extensions, nor basic Explorer 11 (win 7 x64)

Cheesy Goodness

Aug 24, 2009
Just here to report the same issue. Both Firefox (extensions disabled)and IE 11 get a media not supported message. I can watch the ad, so there's that.

Glad to see you getting some credit for your work, Cecil. Congrats on getting picked up.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Dude, you are much better than MovieBob. Really well put together video. After finishing the TV series I want to seek out the Director's Cut to see what this film was supposed to be.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
An interesting and thorough rundown. I sighed when I saw the length, but ended up watching it through to the end. Curse you for keeping me from productivity (and I look forward to further installments.)

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Great to see a WELL DONE movie feature on the Escapist!

I appreciate how in detail this goes, showing why Daredevil's theatrical cut is the mess it is. I own the director's cut on DVD and that is indeed the proper version.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Silly meddling studio.

That was very, very interesting. Thank you a great deal!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
You should all watch Cecil's stuff on YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/user/trachenburg], truly some well made and greatly entertaining stuff.

OT: Hey Cecil!, great to finally seeing ya here in The Escapist!, are you going to upload your Good Bad Games stuff?, or just your Exploring/GoodBadFlicks stuff?

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
Very interesting. I knew a lot of the broad strokes of the stories covered here, but not a lot of the details. I'll be honest, I'd despaired for the site as long-time contributors left en masse, but this did give me some hope that the site may recover.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
Ok, I'll give the Directors Cut a try. Clearly the studio was more at fault for the failure as a film. I don't think it will fix it that much. To me much of the problem with it was the over the top Goth(sense depth coffin which was an issue when he was a kid not an adult), coupled with too much plot for one movie to ever contain. I don't see how you can do an Electra, Deadshot, and Fall of the King Pin all in one movie, and do them justice.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
This was really good. I'm liking the changes on the site I must say.

Marter's more complete reviews and this excellent introduction to a new content provider makes me miss Moviebob not at all. This rundown felt way more balanced and thoughtful than some of Bob's stuff.

Keep up the good work!

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
The video itself plays fine for me, but I can't skip ahead or go back by clicking on the time bar, like it was possible with the old video player.

I liked the video though. It was longer than the videos we usually (or used to) get here on the escapist, but it was well paced and had definitely enough content to justify that length.

I think I'll track down a Director's Cut of Daredevil now.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
There is quite a bit of love in this movie's production, it's too bad it gets so much hate.