Good Bad Flicks: Exploring Late Phases

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Exploring Late Phases

Exploring the making of Late Phases.

Watch Video

Vanished

Jul 5, 2014
Going to have to watch this soon as I absolutely love werewolf movies (even most of the bad ones). Apparently had it buried in my netflix streaming list and forgot about it!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I haven't seen a lot of werewolf movies, they few I have seen I have never really liked the design of the monster.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
the last one was like was wolfman. now this was an awesome one. gory, gritty and great acting from nearly everyone. especially our famous hanibal lecter.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Great film, loved the main character, I had a minor problem with final confrontation though,

I felt like the film spent a lot of time setting up this guy being clever, so it was bit a bit of a disappointment that he used his hearing to fight the werewolves more than setting up lots of traps and such to outsmart them, sure he had one or two traps, but after that it was all listen and shoot.

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
SirSullymore said:
Great film, loved the main character, I had a minor problem with final confrontation though,

I felt like the film spent a lot of time setting up this guy being clever, so it was bit a bit of a disappointment that he used his hearing to fight the werewolves more than setting up lots of traps and such to outsmart them, sure he had one or two traps, but after that it was all listen and shoot.
The thing was, Ambrose was planning to fight one werewolf. James knew he would be outsmarted by him so he went on a rampage and bit some of the neighbors to bring in backup.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
CecilT said:
SirSullymore said:

The thing was, Ambrose was planning to fight one werewolf. James knew he would be outsmarted by him so he went on a rampage and bit some of the neighbors to bring in backup.
Yeah that's a good point, I haven't scene the film since last Halloween, so I was a tad fuzzy on the details.

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
As I have mentioned before I am not into the whole Horrow Genre, but this has me intrigued. And now that I think about it I more often than not jump on werewolf movies. odd.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I just saw this for the first time about three weeks ago. I was all excited to come on here and say how you should explore this one. Imagine my delight! I was almost shocked by how good the father and son angle worked and gave the movie a ton of heart. Blind badass old dude fights off werewolves was going to be solid no matter what, so it's that extra personal story and the snide way the women of the community treat him that really make it all come together.

I was equally amazed that the transformation scene could look so damned good but that the finished suit, in several places, looked so damned bad! I think my favorite werewolves on camera are still the ones from Dog Soldiers. By the way, have you done Dog Soldiers, because I fuckin love Dog Soldiers.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Yup, I love this movie. Anything with Nick Damici in it is fine by me.

Hey, since you already did Stakeland, why not make it three and review Mulberry Street?

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Gorrath said:
I just saw this for the first time about three weeks ago. I was all excited to come on here and say how you should explore this one. Imagine my delight! I was almost shocked by how good the father and son angle worked and gave the movie a ton of heart. Blind badass old dude fights off werewolves was going to be solid no matter what, so it's that extra personal story and the snide way the women of the community treat him that really make it all come together.

I was equally amazed that the transformation scene could look so damned good but that the finished suit, in several places, looked so damned bad! I think my favorite werewolves on camera are still the ones from Dog Soldiers. By the way, have you done Dog Soldiers, because I fuckin love Dog Soldiers.
Dog Soldiers was originally going to be part of this October batch of horror but I didn't feel it was ready yet so I'm holding it off for now. Most likely I'll do it later in the year or perhaps early next.

Frezzato said:
Yup, I love this movie. Anything with Nick Damici in it is fine by me.

Hey, since you already did Stakeland, why not make it three and review Mulberry Street?
Yes! Were-rats in New York! I'm doing my part to try and get Damici recognized as a new horror icon, he is great.