Good bye to an old firend, my 360 :(

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
The worst is when your Xbox 360 dies about a month after it's two year warranty expired.

Yes, this happened.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I feel for you. My old laptop would have been lucky to have a similar end. Unfortunately it was slow and painful, with multiple reinstallations and all its parts gradually failing. It kept up the fight valiantly, inspite of being hampered since birth by being an Acer.

I am typing this from my new Dell. Hopefully this will last longer and, when the time comes, have a more dignified end.

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
Demoncoly said:
I too have to say goodbye to my 360... but I worked it to death within one week of over 11 hours of gaming nearly straight. once christmas break came around. But i had just gotten the 360 like 2 months ago.
so while I can't say it's not my fault, I'm still a little angry about it.
We've had computer based technology that can take that much abuse or more. Unless you had your Xbox's vents covered, I would fully blame MS on the fact that your Xbox died, it shouldn't have any problem with 11 hours of straight operation if well ventilated. You should get it fixed under warranty.

jacobschndr

Aug 15, 2008
moose_man said:
jacobschndr said:
So good-bye friend, while we will never play games like bioshock 2 or the latest madden together, or going on killing sprees online to all the noobs in MewTwo, I will still have all the fond memories from the yester years. Farewell.

On a lighter note, those new 360 elites are pretty cool, with bigger harddrives and colored black, plus there cheaper than their former consoles. So in a way I'm saying good-bye to an old friend but then turning around to date his younger sister. YAY!
Your like the woman who finds a new husband the day after she was widowed, aren't you?
more like the asshole who sees optimism in the face of tragedy, like a comedian makes a joke during armageddon its wrong but funny (unlike your qoute):p

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn?s rain.
When you awaken in the morning?s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Wow, as if karma caught up with me. 2 Days ago I wrote this here:
Cowabungaa said:
I have mine for almost 5 years now, never died on me yet. It still has to survive another year before I probably have to part with it forever anyway. Stay strong little one, you can do it!
And today, as I came back from work, bam, my 360 finally red-ringed as well. I needed only half an hour more to complete AC2, wonderful timing.

But I'm glad I got to play the vast majority of that fantastic game, a worthy goodbye for that faithful console. Goodbye my friend.
Ah well, maybe it was for the best. The PS3 and my PC were getting all the attention anyway, AC2 was probably the last game I would've bought for it. It was a merciful death.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
That's pretty win, I know what that's like...my Gamecube lasted 8-9 years before finally forgetting how do all the things it used to and I had to put it down...well at least put it back in the box and say good bye to it

There's nothing more saddening to gamers than to say goodbye to something that lasted so long. No matter how we move on and move up, the oldies who worked so hard for us and gave us all that entertainment always will hold a place in our heart

I got a PS3, but by god, I hope that it's a warrior like your X360

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Woah, it really lasted that long? Good for you.
I still have my gameboy pocket which suffered almost 13 years of abuse lol

bloodychimp

Jul 22, 2009
Flames66 said:
I am typing this from my new Dell. Hopefully this will last longer and, when the time comes, have a more dignified end.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.... sorry to break this to you, but I'm typing this from motherboard #10 on my XPS M1330. Dell's are the very definition of heating problems.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Your xbox was a fine console. It is to noble to deserve a normal funeral. We'll give it a Viking funeral. I'll get the boat and the torches.
I'll start playing some epic Viking metal.

OT: Sorry to hear, hope you keep enjoying the next couple years banging your late friend's sister, until she croaks too *GASP*.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
SantoUno said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Your xbox was a fine console. It is to noble to deserve a normal funeral. We'll give it a Viking funeral. I'll get the boat and the torches.
I'll start playing some epic Viking metal.

OT: Sorry to hear, hope you keep enjoying the next couple years banging your late friend's sister, until she croaks too *GASP*.

An excellent choice, made even better by Amon Amarth.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I had a 360, got RRoD once, then it got fixed, then Halo 3 ODST didn't run right and all games started freezing. Got a new one, but I really hate Bungie for breaking my 360.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Wow, I bought one of the big clunky PS2s back when I turned 20 (7 years ago) and it still puts up with my Guitar Hero and RPG marathons. The joys of simpler hardware and better cooling systems. As long as that thing keeps working, I will keep abusing its little old processor.

EDIT: I also have a thumb drive that went through the complete washer/dryer cycle in the pocket of my jeans one time. No data was lost and it still works fine. I guess I'm lucky with my hardware. I'm also now more hesitant than ever to pick up a 360.