Good game, awful ending

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
MurderousToaster said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Assassin's Creed 2 wasn't bad, but terribly mind-fucking.
"OK, we've gone through a whole game involving Assassins, Templars and the like.

Let's throw a race that created humans, a war with them, and some weird crap in the last five minutes just in order to confuse everyone." - Ubisoft
The guys boss looks at him and then states,"Your a genius, who needs a comprehensive story when we can just bury it in garbage, you're getting a raise."
but really comprehensive story doesnt apply when actually look at the rest of the story around the AC series.

also i have 2.

Half life 2 episode 2 - WTF! come on we go through all that, we took down like an entire legion of striders and you cop out with this bs ending which whilst emotional is a great big kick to the balls.

Dawn Of War - because ending on a big shadowy figure basically saying "LOL, thanks for realeasing me asshat shoulda listened to the pointy eared virgin over there cos im so gunna fuck up you and everyon else's shit in a century or so tattybyes" is not a good ending.

kemosabi4

May 12, 2009
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
Alarien said:
Bioshock 1.
BolognaBaloney said:
Also, I thought Bioshock 2 had an incredibly lackluster ending.
How can you criticize a game with multiple moral choice endings?
The same way I could criticize any game. For me, it was a hackneyed plot, that only succeeded by playing off of the immense success of the first game. As far as the multiple endings, this is nothing new, games have been offering differing conclusions for years.
You missed my point. Actually, I was trying to say that it seems kind of absurd to criticize the ending to a game when it has multiple endings.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
kemosabi4 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
Alarien said:
Bioshock 1.
BolognaBaloney said:
How can you criticize a game with multiple moral choice endings?
The same way I could criticize any game. For me, it was a hackneyed plot, that only succeeded by playing off of the immense success of the first game. As far as the multiple endings, this is nothing new, games have been offering differing conclusions for years.
You missed my point. Actually, I was trying to say that it seems kind of absurd to criticize the ending to a game when it has multiple endings.
A bland generic ending tailored to the few choices you make does not necessarily constitute a great ending. I still thought the story was lackluster and rather hackneyed compared to the first. Multiple endings do not redeem it in my eyes.

kemosabi4

May 12, 2009
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
Alarien said:
Bioshock 1.
BolognaBaloney said:
snip
snip
A bland generic ending tailored to the few choices you make does not necessarily constitute a great ending. I still thought the story was lackluster and rather hackneyed compared to the first. Multiple endings do not redeem it in my eyes.
You still don't get it. We're discussing the endings here. I'm trying to say that while some people don't like the Bioshock endings, I thought it is hard to criticize the endings when there are multiple ones. I'm not discussing the game itself at all. Now please stick to the topic.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Toar said:
Games: Devil May Cry 1-3 were good games, but the endings were lame. Resident Evil 3 was my fav until the ending and the city where the last three games took place was erased from the planet. Oblivion had an anticlimatic ending that made me feel like I did something wrong. Fallout 3 ENDED unless you had the expansion pack. Silent Hill Origins was just sad (Comparing them to 1-3).

Anime: Dragon Ball Z just couldn't pace itself. Code Gease made me hate every character regardless. Death Note was misserable a the end. Star Wars Episode 3 (Not an anime, but how can a super fighting force be killed off my lasers when they were clearly able to block and dodge them before?). Berskerk for NOT ending at all. Elfen Lied was an AWESOME anime but the ending was lackluster and made you want more.
Go back under your bridge. DMC 1 and 3 had badass endings (The last Dante versus Virgil fight was amazing).

Other than that... I liked the end of Death Note, only because I wanted to see Light suffer for killing L. Elfin Lied needs additional episodes. And to add my own content, Outlaw Star's final battle was stupid beyond measure. LOVED that series, hated the last fight.
I will have you know I am not a bridge troll! I am a closet dweller and damn proud of it!

But more the the point, I almost forgot Outlaw Star and I fully agree. It and Gurran Lagan had similar end plots with the bad guys becoming gods or something. Bah to that and give us more Giant Robots!

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
kemosabi4 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
Alarien said:
Bioshock 1.
BolognaBaloney said:
snip
snip
You still don't get it. We're discussing the endings here. I'm trying to say that while some people don't like the Bioshock endings, I thought it is hard to criticize the endings when there are multiple ones. I'm not discussing the game itself at all. Now please stick to the topic.
Dear god, I thought you were merely being myopic, but now I can see you truly are thick. I addressed the endings, it has been my topic of conversation, referencing outside of a given topic does not detract from a point. Your moribund posts are becoming a bit of a nuisance, specifically because I have constantly pointed to my opinions, as being just that. These things are entirely subjective, and yet your own inability to understand a simple post without letting your own presuppositions interfere with your cognitive abilities have transcended annoyance. Do yourself a favor, and just drop it. I have my own opinions, so stop trying to counter them.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
Aerodynamic said:
ThePostalDude said:
dead rising
main character fails at outing the gov., will eventually become a zombie, and now we dont even get to play him in the sequel. instead we get some new guy.
There are multiple endings for dead rising dude.

Also Fallout 3, it was so underwhelming.
yeah, B was good, and actually fallout 3 doesnt end with the filter if you get the expansion paks

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
kemosabi4 said:
Alarien said:
Bioshock 1.
BolognaBaloney said:
snip
snip
Dear god, I thought you were merely being myopic, but now I can see you truly are thick. I addressed the endings, it has been my topic of conversation, referencing outside of a given topic does not detract from a point. Your moribund posts are becoming a bit of a nuisance, specifically because I have constantly pointed to my opinions, as being just that. These things are entirely subjective, and yet your own inability to understand a simple post without letting your own presuppositions interfere with your cognitive abilities have transcended annoyance. Do yourself a favor, and just drop it. I have my own opinions, so stop trying to counter them.
Bioshock had what... 2 endings? well i played them both, and neither was very good, therefore the ending to bioshock, in my opinion, was bad. Thats how i explain what you two are talking about, and side with one of you, whos name escapes me, while feeling the other is missing the point of what the previous is actually saying... you know which is which.

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Games?

Halo 3, perhaps.
Or ODST. Last stage blew the entire feel of the game.

And for animes?

Death Note
Code Geass
TheNamlessGuy said:
Games?

Halo 3, perhaps.
Or ODST. Last stage blew the entire feel of the game.

And for animes?

Death Note
Code Geass
Code Geass' ending made perfect sense. And it was excellent, too.

kemosabi4

May 12, 2009
BolognaBaloney said:
You know, using words like that only makes you sound like a smartass. And, you weren't discussing the endings. You discussed the stories and how the endings affected them. You weren't talking about the endings themselves.

Sure, you called them bland and generic (which I don't know how you got out of a fucking video game ending, especially concerning an underwater city built in the 50's) but you failed to actually make the argument about the ending. You took the topic, and mangled it so you could squeez in a personal attack against a mainstream game. Now stop acting like an ass and speak with your own damn words.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Fable 2, I wanted an Epic battle to win not a simple button press
Dante's Inferno, I saved the day and then theres a "to be continued" WTF
Assassin's Creed(1), its like they ran out of ideas
MW2, ummmmm..... What just happend

Amnetic

Apr 20, 2009
xqxm said:
Amnetic said:
Beyond Good and Evil.

Nnnnrrrggghhh.

I mean, I loved the game.
Seriously, I played it 'till the disc broke, and then it turns out Jade was not who she thinks she was.
Alrighty, can roll with that.

But then they pulled that shit Pey'J being infected and all.
Mindfuckery of a kid's mind ensued.
Well, there's a sequel popping along, so you should be glad they left that in there :)
I know, I know.
Well, at least, they SAY there's a sequel on the way, but it took freaking ages for a trailer of the second one to pop up.

If it does come out, I will definitely buy it, no argument.
But from the way it's looking now it looks like a second Duke Nukem Forever.