Good Game?

Sneaky llama

May 28, 2010
I'm getting paid on Friday and want to buy a new game for my PS3. I'm a little stuck on what game to buy however, I haven't really being paying much attention to new releases as I have had exams to revise for. So my question to you fellow escapists is this. What game should I get? Thanks for any and all suggestions. ;D

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Everyone's talking about LA Noire, go with that. But I see you live in the UK and GAME are still having their summer sale so you're bound to get a load of awesome games staring at you.

Sneaky llama

May 28, 2010
I suppose i'll take a look at LA Noire. After looking around the shop I'll probs end up buying a second game as well seeing as how I have nothing else to spend it on. ^^ Cheers guys.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Sneaky llama said:
I suppose i'll take a look at LA Noire. After looking around the shop I'll probs end up buying a second game as well seeing as how I have nothing else to spend it on. ^^ Cheers guys.
If you want a second one I strongly recommend Mortal Kombat, if you're into fighting games that is.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Have you picked up Killzone 3 yet? Also theres ratchet and clank you could pick up for cheap an d they're good games. Also I'm against LA. Sure its a good game, but to me it wasn't worth the $60. Not much to do now that I beat it with a decent story. But thats just me, for $40 it would've been great.

anANGRYkangaroo

May 15, 2011
DEMONS SOULS.
Most difficult game I have played since the NES, but it is so addicting. Youll be killed thousands of times, but youll love it

Sneaky llama

May 28, 2010
Has Mass Effect came out on PS3 yet? I heard tell that it might be. Also I can play Mortal Kombat at my friends so there really ain't much reason for me to buy it. Also I have never played any of the Ratchet and Clank or killzone games. I haven't really heard much about them. I'll definitely take a look at them when I get the chance.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Sneaky llama said:
Has Mass Effect came out on PS3 yet?
Mass Effect 2 is
ME1 is still a 360 exclusive though :( but if you buy the 2nd you get an interactive comic that takes you through the events of the first, so you can make the choices that effect the other games :)
ME3 is coming out next year on all platforms though.

Seeing as everyone else is suggesting LA Noire
I'll suggest ME2 actually, that or Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 if you havent ever played it, its pretty awesome, and must be pretty cheap by now

qualitygood

May 30, 2011
==== http://www.busymalls.com ======

you can find many cheap and fashion stuff
jordan air max oakland raiders $30--39;
Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35
Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $20;
Handbags (Coach lv fendi d&g) $30
T shirts (Polo ,edhardy,lacoste) $15
Jean(True Religion,edhardy,coogi) $30
Sunglasses (Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $15
New era cap $15
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20
paypal accept,delivery door to door free shipping

===== http://www.busymalls.com =======

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Ilikemilkshake said:
Mass Effect 2 is
ME1 is still a 360 exclusive though :( but if you buy the 2nd you get an interactive comic that takes you through the events of the first, so you can make the choices that effect the other games :)

I'll suggest ME2 actually, that or Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 if you havent ever played it, its pretty awesome, and must be pretty cheap by now
Mass Effect was for the 360 and PC, actually.

OT: I'd say it depends on the type of games you enjoy (and what games you already have). If you're sticking with strictly newer releases, Portal 2 is worth it if you enjoy puzzles, Mass Effect 2 is worth it if you want a decent third-person shooter with a fairly well-written story, Killzone 3 is a good (Albeit way too serious) first-person shooter. LittleBigPlanet 2 is a great 2D-Platformer with tons of mini-games (though you'd be best playing it co-op), Dead Space 2 is a decent survival-horror third-person shooter, even if it does trip over the survival-horror bit and act like Killzone 3 in that it's way too serious.

Two Worlds II is an okay open-ish world RPG if you can get past bugs and mildly clunky controls, Yakuza 4 is a very Japanese action game (if you're into the Japanese style of things), Crysis 2 is an over-the-top first-person shooter (Though it does get a bit laggy on PS3 hardware), and tomorrow Hunted: The Demon's Forge is coming out, which is supposed to be a co-op oriented action game that will hopefully have intelligent partner AI in the single-player mode for once, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up not being worth the full price new games are given.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Mass Effect 2 is

Mass Effect was for the 360 and PC, actually.
I know i actually have it on the pc but okay i meant MS exclusive.
You can say the same for fable, gears of war and halo even though i own them all for the pc, although they're still referred to as xbox exclusives.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Ilikemilkshake said:
You can say the same for fable, gears of war and halo even though i own them all for the pc, although they're still referred to as xbox exclusives.
Okay, I concede defeat. I have all of those games for the PC as well.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Okay, I concede defeat. I have all of those games for the PC as well.
I'll concede that they shouldnt actually be called xbox exclusives, i think the confusion comes from this:

'only on xbox 360' ...lies!

Probably because they were ported a while later.. but whatever
They're not really xbox exclusives but thats what everyone calls them... even though microsoft exclusive would make more sense

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
LA Noire would probably be your best bet.
I second that. The voice acting is really high quality and the facial movements look like real people now. The story is interesting too.

OakTable

May 10, 2011
L.A. Noire's not that great of a purchase. The facial animations are indeed the best, and the story is not too bad (Homicide got a bit retarded though. How all those people you investigate all had size 8's, bloody tire irons or triple-braid rope, and stuff like that I'll never know). But the gameplay itself is lacking. YOu have zero chance of dying to anything, as the high rate of health regen, infinite pistol ammo, and aim assist conspire to prevent you from dying. It's a rental at best.

If you don't have Demon Souls, get it. It's like the polar opposite of L.A. Noire; It's a game lacking in story that makes up for it with hard but rewarding gameplay. It's something you'll want to replay, unlike L.A. Noire.