Good games for the IOs?

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
So I just got an Ipod Touch, and I'm wondering if there are any must have games for it? Aside from Angry Birds of course, which I've played to death.

Iori Branford

Jan 4, 2008
SaneAmongInsane said:
So I just got an Ipod Touch, and I'm wondering if there are any must have games for it? Aside from Angry Birds of course, which I've played to death.
Danmaku Unlimited 2
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/danmaku-unlimited-2-bullet/id580663396?mt=8

Shooters by CAVE
http://www.cave-world.com/en/games/
Specifically Dodonpachis and Bug Princesses (seriously).

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Terraria
Oceanhorn
Football Heroes

Those are currently the best I have encountered so far.

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
I really like Blackbar, an indie game. It's about a young woman that gets a job in a country, and sends letters home. The country is communistic however, and all her letters get censored. It's up to you to fill in the blanks. I thought it to be really creative and different, because there aren't any hints, you have to figure it out by yourself.

Helikaon

Sep 18, 2012
Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run were well worth the money I spent on them!

Pure, colourful, simple Rayman fun!! What's not to love!?

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
The Room is amazing. Plants Vs Zombies. Triple Town. Anomaly:Warzone Earth

I have all of these games on Android so I'm assuming they're all on iOS since everything seems to go on iOS first. If some of them aren't then I apologize.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Helikaon said:
Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run were well worth the money I spent on them!

I second this 100 times over, even though the controls are extremely simplistic (auto movement and and only punch and jump buttons) this works to the game's favor since you don't have to reply on slip shot touch d-pad controls. The games have a ton of content for their price and it feels so rewarding whenever you are able to finally 100% a level after multiple tries.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Rhythm Control 2 is definitely on of my favourite iOS games. It's a free rhythm game that's actually pretty generous with how many songs it comes with. Its gameplay is simple, but can be quite intense. Love it.

Oh, and if you haven't played Ghost Trick, give it a look. Game looks beautiful, and the puzzles are quite clever. Its story and characters are very interesting too. It's a fantastic game.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Darren716 said:
Helikaon said:

I second this 100 times over, even though the controls are extremely simplistic (auto movement and and only punch and jump buttons) this works to the game's favor since you don't have to reply on slip shot touch d-pad controls. The games have a ton of content for their price and it feels so rewarding whenever you are able to finally 100% a level after multiple tries.
I third this, easily some of the best games I played on my little iPod.

There is also Osomos, limbo, and the plants vs zombies series.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Well, if you don't mind that it hasn't aged well, there's the first Shin Megami Tensei: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shin-megami-tensei-eng/id804069802?mt=8

Ronald Nand

Jan 6, 2013
I second Ghost Trick, and while your at it, get the Ace Attorney HD Trilogy and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies (If your IPod can handle that one) the same person who made Ghost Trick made those games. Its free to download all of them, but you only get the first two chapters in each game, and if you like them you can buy the rest of the game in an IAP.

As for action games, I recommend Mirrors Edge and Perfect Cell, two good games that make good use of touch controls.