Good Gaming Username Ideas?

Abraxzis

Oct 5, 2014
Hi I am looking for a new username that is original that is short and sounds cool. I intend to use it as my email aswell. I am doing this because I started up a YouTube channel and I do not want my friends in school to find out about it.

I like usernames that have "xz" in it such as: Nexzos, Abraxzis. It is pronunced just as a "z", the "x" is silent.

Thanks!

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Hm... Just from the title, I was actually going to suggest against something without xs or zs, definitely nothing in the xxXXCoolDudeXXxx school of naming.

Look for mythological characters/names, maybe add an adjective?

Also, think about what kind of content you're going to have on your channel. "Abraxzis' Tax Tips" probably wont do well.

I'd also steer clear of things that can be easily mispronounced. English doesn't generally have "xz" blending, and though you'll be saying the name in your channel, viewers will read it first. Ab-Racks-zis? A-Brackses-is? Abra-X-zis?

Be sure to google your options to ensure there isn't already someone using that name and wildly popular too.

Maybe a family name (grandmother's maiden name) and change a letter or two so it's still pronounceable, but not too weird.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
You could always find a cool sounding name from mythology, games, etc. and add your own little twist to it. Can be as simple as changing the first letter or a few key consonants. I used a bunch of silly names in the past, but I tend to stick with "Fappy" if it's available, but it usually isn't. Since I was having such a hard time getting it on multiple sites, game services, etc. I ended up using "Valarasha" more often, which is the name of one of the gods from my D&D setting. Kind of a weird mash-up of Valarash from WoW and rakshasa from Hinduism.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
You want it to be original, but have someone else give it to you. Interesting. Most interesting.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I always find that Evil Smurf is the sexiest name possible, it's better than fappy, and streets ahead of anything else.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
As you might guess from the glowing quality of my own username I'm probably the last person you want to ask. I tend to go for a [descriptor]+[noun] template when thinking of names and also usually make things as absurd as possible.

Some examples I can come up with off the top of my head: 'Raging Hatstand', 'Flippant Caribou', 'Turgid Whisper'.

These could easily be quite distinctive if you want your name to stand out and the absurdity may make it fairly unique and memorable.

On the other hand, they do sound stupid and don't match your request in the slightest, so do ignore me and carry on.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Just look to tumblr for some of the best usernames, including, but not limited to weeabbooshitbaby, neopetfucker, or tharjafucker. That aside, I can't really think of anything non-comedic. Just avoid filler garbage like numbers or x'es, or cheesy things like p0kem0nm@ster. Maybe try finding a cool sounding word/noun, and then a few different adjectives/words that compliment it well, like CanineBerserker, or DemonicBlitz, or things of that nature.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
I tend to stick with three letter names (though I diverged a bit with FFXIV:ARR when I went with Robo Cop), they're easy and damn near impossible to mispronounce. Zex, Zax, Zox, Zix. Or Zyx if you want to do the backwards alphabet thing and still have a pronouncable name.

Shymer

Feb 23, 2011
Abraxzis said:
Hi I am looking for a new username that is original that is short and sounds cool. I intend to use it as my email aswell. I am doing this because I started up a YouTube channel and I do not want my friends in school to find out about it.

I like usernames that have "xz" in it such as: Nexzos, Abraxzis. It is pronunced just as a "z", the "x" is silent.

Thanks!
How about Raxzputin? It has a good gaming pedigree, is quite short and I've even put your "xz" into it.