Good Intentions & The Road To Hell: Fables "Camelot" Review

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Good Intentions & The Road To Hell: Fables "Camelot" Review

Fables penultimate storyline is a dense, difficult examination of core series-themes, excellently setting up the finale of Vertigo's long-running title.

Read Full Article

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I've never really been able to get into fables and its so long its kindo fheadache inducing but still

I wonder how Vertgo will go once one of its forrunners is finished

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I am a little biased over Fables 20 (as you might guess by my avatar), but I really enjoyed this last stretch to the end. The dark man was not as interesting a villain as the adversary, but its presence is still felt and the repercussions feel a lot grimmer than with previous enemies.

The last number kept me on the edge of my seat... Can't wait to see where it goes next.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Vault101 said:
I've never really been able to get into fables and its so long its kindo fheadache inducing but still

I wonder how Vertgo will go once one of its forrunners is finished
Since Fairest is (apparently) not going to end at the same time Fables does, at least there'll be that. Plus Astro City and the new Sandman miniseries. And FBP! Hopefully, Veritgo continues to march on.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
You know, I was just thinking...

The entire conflict they've set up is about Snow and Red arguing over whether or not a deplorable bastard, who may be a serious danger to those around him, is worth giving a second chance, right?

Well...Wouldn't it better if they were arguing over Gepetto? I don't think anyone would disagree that he's the series' best villain, and he's been around much longer than Brandish, and he's played a much larger role. Wouldn't it make sense? I've always been annoyed that Gepetto played such a huge role in the first half of the series, but he's had almost nothing to do in the second half. With Gepetto protected by the Fabletown Pact, wouldn't it make perfect sense for him to become Red's centerpiece for second chances? It's that what the Pact is literally ABOUT?

Gepetto being accepted into Fabletown is the event that ends the first half of the series. This way, it would also lead DIRECTLY into the series' endgame.

Hell, it would make sense with just about everything else in the series. Gepetto even has a great reason to kill Bigby, revenge for the destruction of his Grove. And that heart thing would make WAY more sense if Gepetto did it. As it is, Brandish just sort of...figured out something completely impossible through getting lucky and finding the right guy. It would make perfect sense for Gepetto to do it, since as the Emperor, he had the best resources of a million worlds at his disposal.

And hell, the defense of The Adversary himself would be just the thing to jumpstart a war between Snow's people and Red's, which is pretty clearly where the series is headed.

IT. MAKES. PEFECT. SENSE.

Oh well. Let's see what they do instead. It's still wrapping up pretty nicely.