Good Multiplayer FPS Games for PS3

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, not sure if it should've been in advice. Ok, so I am looking for a good multiplayer FPS game for my PS3. If I can't find one, I may just cave and break my rule of never buying another COD game.
I've been thinking about Killzone 3 but I heard the multiplayer kinda sucks.

Oh, PS, I already have BF3 for my pc.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I'd prefer FPS with regular deathmatch or team deathmatch, and a little bit of customization is always a plus for me

Jun 11, 2009
Haseo21 said:
I'd prefer FPS with regular deathmatch or team deathmatch, and a little bit of customization is always a plus for me
Resistance 3.

Resistance 3.

Have I mentioned Resistance 3? Because Resistance 3.

Failing that, Uncharted 2 had great multiplayer, though it wasn't an FPS.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Haseo21 said:
I've been thinking about Killzone 3 but I heard the multiplayer kinda sucks.
From whom? I don't know if my opinion means anything to you, but I think KZ3(and KZ2 for that matter) multiplayer is pretty amazing. It's the best multiplayer I've played since BF1942. Movement have a certain weight to it, to keep it from feeling floaty, close combat is appropriately visceral, classes have good balance and all feel distinct, the maps are all fun, varied and devoid of any real camping spots. Warzone keeps maps fresh, because objectives come in random order, moving the hot spots of fighting all over the maps. There are two other modes as well, though, Operations and straight up deathmatch, so that should suit your taste, I think. I've had a lot of fun with the game and still play it today. The community might not be the largest, but it's still active and you shouldn't really have any problem finding people to play with/against.

I'm pretty biased, as you can probably see, but Killzone 3 multiplayer, but seeing as KZ3 mutliplayer is free up until Sergeant and only $15 dollars to unlock the rest of the multiplayer, you don't really have anything to lose, by at least trying it out. The multiplayer only part on PSN also comes with all the DLC maps, unlike the boxed edition(which comes with SP, though).

Sennune

Apr 15, 2009
The Resistance and Killzone franchises have some pretty awesome multiplayer. I really enjoy them.

Homefront and the Medal of Honor's were all right.

Dust 514 is worth looking into.

Starhawk has some really interesting gameplay mechanics.