good rpg on steam

Fear Gingers

Apr 15, 2009
for some reason playing the demo's of Mount & Blade and Risen got me in the mood to buy and play a pretty decent rpg off steam. now first thought was eldar scrolls of course but ive already played them to death (also fallout) so can anyone think of one? or just tell me if you thought Risen was worth buying. oh and no jrpg's (i have a great dislike for turnbased combat)

Fear Gingers

Apr 15, 2009
ah yeah i would but ive still got the xbox versions. i played them alot too and jade empire was pretty cool to have controllable combat instead of cueing actions

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
I wish I didnt have to work, exercise or spend time with my girl; Risen is that good!

If you didn't like the Gothics then dont buy it. But I am loving it. And if anyone posts that it isnt as good as another game coming out soon!!! Then just remember it is a diff game that wants to do things its own way.

If you like Linear games and hate exploring then I also suggest you dont get this game.

Fear Gingers

Apr 15, 2009
i tend not to lean towards stuff to much. e.g linear or exploring they both work for me although sometimes it has to be one. i mean linear morrowind dont work.

yeah so i played the demo of risen and the story was interesting and im curios to what other content is in the game and how far it goes. heard theres alot of hours in gameplay. but what holds me back from buying it is the clunky combat and im not sure if the game does get better past the demo. yknow is it holding some really cool stuff back?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
KotOR, Jade Empire and Borderlands, even if more of a Diablo 2 + Fallout 3 hybrid, is also looking promising.

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/RPG/

Sort by Top Rated. Also I see Guild Wars there, Mass Effect (FINALLY ONLY 15 EUR), Oblivion and Morrowind.

thehoff

Aug 3, 2008
The Witcher is one of the best rpgs I've ever played, the enhanced version is on steam.