Good screamo bands

General_Potatoes

Jun 22, 2009
Yes, I like to listen to screamo. Now, I want to know, are there any good screamo bands that you guys (and gals) listen to. Heres a list of what I already listen too.
A day to remember
Parkway drive
And that's about it.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
General_Potatoes said:
Yes, I like to listen to screamo. Now, I want to know, are there any good screamo bands that you guys (and gals) listen to. Heres a list of what I already listen too.
A day to remember
Parkway drive
And that's about it.
What is it about the screamo bands you like, that you like?

What is it about the screamo bands you don't like, that you don't like?

If you could answers these questions, that would help. If you don't, then all we can do is throw random bands at you, which probably isn't helpful to you, and also makes this thread a boring "list" thread.

General_Potatoes

Jun 22, 2009
BonsaiK said:
General_Potatoes said:
A day to remember
Parkway drive
And that's about it.
What is it about the screamo bands you like, that you like?

What is it about the screamo bands you don't like, that you don't like?

If you could answers these questions, that would help. If you don't, then all we can do is throw random bands at you, which probably isn't helpful to you, and also makes this thread a boring "list" thread.
Just throw the bands names at me. I don't really care at all.

Danny Thompson

Jul 21, 2011
http://youtu.be/E5bzJ4o9Gts

I'm not sure how to Embed videos, but this is a sick rendition of Coolio's 'Gangsters Paradise'

Ensure you listen all the way through because the last minute or so gives me goosebumps.

The Gatherer

Jul 7, 2011
Did have a bg speech about how your genre of music is inferior to propper metal but I think i'd be wasting my time typing it out when no one asked for my opinion in the first place, so im just going to end on this: Metal rules \m/

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
The Gatherer said:
Did have a bg speech about how your genre of music is inferior to propper metal but I think i'd be wasting my time typing it out when no one asked for my opinion in the first place, so im just going to end on this: Metal rules \m/
I'm in the same boat as you.

My opinion is pretty much

>Screamo
>Good

pick one

Also the term "screamo" is regularly misused and can be quite broad. The average person will often wrongly label anything with screams or growls as "screamo".

I have many friends that are into post hardcore and metalcore like stuff. One of the bands they love and I quite like is Dead by April. It's a bit weak compared to what I normally listen to but I've had fun with it.

If it matters my favoruite genres are Melodic Death Metal and Drum n' Bass.

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
You're not listing screamo bands, you're listing metalcore. If you want a real screamo band (and a good one at that), try Sunny Day Real Estate.

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
I have no idea of they're screamo or not, but there IS screaming. Try Enter Shikari.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wngyXhTx4pc

The Gatherer

Jul 7, 2011
Keepitclean said:
The Gatherer said:
I'm in the same boat as you.

My opinion is pretty much

>Screamo
>Good

pick one

Also the term "screamo" is regularly misused and can be quite broad. The average person will often wrongly label anything with screams or growls as "screamo".

I have many friends that are into post hardcore and metalcore like stuff. One of the bands they love and I quite like is Dead by April. It's a bit weak compared to what I normally listen to but I've had fun with it.

If it matters my favoruite genres are Melodic Death Metal and Drum n' Bass.
Thats a pretty broad spectrum lol, I used to love symphonic death metal when I was in college, the only ting i listen to like that now is amon amarth. I just quikly looked up dead by april on youtube, I managed 5 seconds until I turned it off, just can't stand the whole faggy shouting/whingey singing/faggy shouting thing, should stick to 1 style. And dont even get mestarted on the music itself, i've got to blast some sepultura now to forget that awufull song.