Good Sith, Evil Jedi?

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
I was just wondering...

Has anyone played the Old Republic as a kind Sith? What is it like? Do the other Sith hate you for not giving in to hate? Do the Jedi show some respect for you, how is it?

And the question can be flipped around. What is it like to be an evil Jedi?

I'm not sure if I'll play the old republic anytime soon, but I would like to know what it is like to be a good person working for bad people in this game.

Popeman

Nov 6, 2011
I have not played a force user but I have played on both sides and the light side choices for the Sith are like the Dark side choices for a Jedi. Form what I have played.

cdstephens

Apr 5, 2010
A Light Sith still is a Sith, just "kinder". He still supports the Empire through and through, but he doesn't randomly kill people when he feels like it.

As a bounty hunter, you can play as an honorable Mandalorian type of a psychotic bloodthirsty hunter.

Agents are.....well if I were to describe anything about their choices I would be spoiling. Let's just say that their choices are a bit more varied.

WolfLord

Nov 8, 2011
cdstephens said:
A Light Sith still is a Sith, just "kinder". He still supports the Empire through and through, but he doesn't randomly kill people when he feels like it.

As a bounty hunter, you can play as an honorable Mandalorian type of a psychotic bloodthirsty hunter.

Agents are.....well if I were to describe anything about their choices I would be spoiling. Let's just say that their choices are a bit more varied.
This

My bounty hunter does what has the best profit margin, as long as he doesn't have to kill the defenseless. Conversely my Agent just does what ever is best for the empire, regardless of vague things like good or evil.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I rolled a light inquisitor during the beta. If anything, it looked to have a positive effect on the NPCs perception of me (granted though, I barely got off the starter world before the beta ended). For the most part, the idea wasn't so much that you 'rejected the darkside', but that you were calmer, more in control outside of combat...of course, then you had the option of actually telling the Jedi Prisoner that you were supposed to release so he could spread misinformation that he had been fed misinformation, and then letting him go, so there was definitely some anti-villain undertones.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Just governs NPC reactions really. Dark Jedi are reprimanded by their masters and most of their NPC companions will have relationship scores reduced (with the exception of Qyzen Fess who is more bloodthirsty). Likewise, most of the Sith companions I've seen prefer Dark Side choices except Vette and Mako. Expect a lot of scathing insults and trash talk about being weak-minded and pathetic from your guides if you try being good in the Empire.

My main is a Bounty Hunter who abides by the letter of the Contract no matter what. Sadly, this has set me in some bad standing with Mako, who I feel is too soft to be in this business.