Good Youtube channels

Saregon

Yes.. Swooping is bad.
May 21, 2012
So, quite straightforward really, what are your favourite Youtube channels?

A couple of days ago I discovered Totalbiscuit, who I find hilarious. He does a bunch of stuff, WoW stuff, a series called WTF is... *game name* and so on.

His sense of humor is perfect for me, and most of his videos are relevant to my interests. Does anyone know if he has all the videos on the channel, which is called Totalhalibut for some reason, or if it's a collective effort like Machinima, and he's just a part of it?

Also, I'm trying to find one I saw a while ago, a guy who has a Minecraft Let's Play, some CoD stuff, one video where he shows his apartment, stuff like that. I think, although I might be mistaken on this, that his channel's name has the word banana in it. Anyone know which one I mean?

Edit: Finally learned how to embed, thanks.

Dec 14, 2009
Game Grumps is fucking hilarious.

Egoraptor and JonTron just pratting around playing games for 2 episodes every day?

Yes please.

[HEADING=1]Dude, fucking Poppy Bros![/HEADING]

Saregon

Yes.. Swooping is bad.
May 21, 2012
I've only heard about Game Grumps in passing. Egoraptor's in it? Wha- HOW have I not known this? To the 'tube!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I like Cry Plays: X. The amount of time and effort he must put into his videos really shines through. After a few of his Corpse Party videos i'm fairly sure he could actually go and be a decent Voice Actor.

I like several LoL channels, kinda thinking of starting my own once I stop dicking about and get a good computer that can run recording software and shit. It seems easy to make at least small comedic videos because of how the game works. Like so:

Never gets old.

I like Warbyd at the moment, he's got a pretty small channel going but he's pretty entertaining. He admits where he makes mistakes which is nice. Nobody likes the super obnoxious MLG wannabes XD

Just as a reference. Love how he wastes the amazing Janna save.

Oh and Siv HD needs a mention if we're talking about League. He has the best (read: Most entertaining) guides and his little short gimmicky videos are hilarious.

Reverse Support HECARIM OP!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Game Grumps is fucking hilarious.

Egoraptor and JonTron just pratting around playing games for 2 episodes every day?

Yes please.

[HEADING=1]Dude, fucking Poppy Bros![/HEADING]
Poppy bros junior.

Poppy bros senior.

[HEADING=1]poppy bros![/HEADING]

Game grumps is only channel I bother to keep up with, it's so good! :D

The fan made stuff is pretty amazing too.

And of course...

:D

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Saregon said:
I've only heard about Game Grumps in passing. Egoraptor's in it? Wha- HOW have I not known this? To the 'tube!
Just don't expect them to be serious, as a lot of the commenters appear to believe that the show is a "srs" LP show, and get mad when they miss tutorials and mess up accordingly.

But yeah, Game Grumps and TB's "WTF Is..." series are about the only things on Youtube that I actually follow, apart from Jontron and Egoraptor themselves. Though the other people on Normalboots.com (home of Jontron) are pretty funny, and they upload to Youtube as well.

Continue? is a show where three guys take (usually old) games, play them for about half an hour while making jokes and generally goofing off, and then make a decision on whether they would "Continue" playing the game, or "Game Over" it.

The Completionist is, well, basically what it sounds like on the tin. The guy does reviews of games where he tries to 100% complete whatever game he's playing, and then gives his opinion on whether it's worth playing, fully completing, renting, etc.

I haven't watched as much of PeanutButterGamer, but he can be pretty amusing too.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Ashens- He reviews tat; knock off electronics, cheap toys, horrid food. He is English and sarcastic. It's great. I really don't know what to post to give the best example of his stuff, so here's one of his new ones. Also he does a series called "Terrible old games you've probably never heard of". And they are TERRIBLE.

Hm, what else do I like...

PBS Idea Channel- A nice bloke poses interesting questions starting with "Here's an idea". Always gets you thinking, even if you you disagree with what he's saying.
Another PBS channel is OffBook. It's a show about art and culture, each week giving insight into a different type of artistry, e.g. web design, pixel art, that sort of thing.

Glove and Boots- Fucking hilarious puppet show. Seriously, they deserve a much greater audience. This one's my favourite:

They have a few video game-related vids too. All great.

The Onion- Satire of news and reality shows. Or is it? Ooooh...

I also enjoy the music reviewers coverkillernation and theneedledrop.

Andy Rehfeldt- he makes unusual covers of songs, usually changing their genres, for example doing "Radio Disney" versions of death metal. When combined with the the song's original live performance video, results are hilarious. See:

Finally as a drummer, the three greatest drummers on youtube: Travis Orbin, Alex Rudinger and Troy Wright. They all do things beyond the limits of human understanding. Especially Travis Orbin.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

RoosterTeeth for Red vs Blue and their other funny stuff.

Teamfourstar and Cardgametfw for their abridged series

MondoMedia for Gundarr.

HISHEdotcom for their how it should of ended video.

Slurpyj for his funny animal dub.

Jaboody Dubs for his funny ads dub.

ERB for the epic rab battles!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Saregon said:
So, quite straightforward really, what are your favourite Youtube channels?

A couple of days ago I discovered Totalbiscuit, who I find hilarious. He does a bunch of stuff, WoW stuff, a series called WTF is... *game name* and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XP9OBWGKo&feature=relmfu

Yeah, I'm not sure how to embed videos.

His sense of humor is perfect for me, and most of his videos are relevant to my interests. Does anyone know if he has all the videos on the channel, which is called Totalhalibut for some reason, or if it's a collective effort like Machinima, and he's just a part of it?

Also, I'm trying to find one I saw a while ago, a guy who has a Minecraft Let's Play, some CoD stuff, one video where he shows his apartment, stuff like that. I think, although I might be mistaken on this, that his channel's name has the word banana in it. Anyone know which one I mean?
Take these brackets [ ]

Put the Youtube video inside, delete the "http:///www." and ".com/watch?v", there you go.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Since my tastes probably aren't quite as "sophisticated" as most of you Escapists, I will just list the channels that I like.
Let's Players-
Cry Plays: Just found this guy like a month ago and think he is very funny
ChimneySwift11: Meh, he makes some fairly decent minecraft videos, but I am kind of on/off with watching his videos.
BlameTruth: Probably the most immature of the people I watch, but I still like his videos. He usually does pokemon and CoD. I really only care about the Pokemon though.
PokeCinema: I'll give you 3 guesses as to what games he LP's.
Animators-
ScottFalco: He does a variety of video game related animation, which are usually pretty funny.
TerminalMontage: Found this guy recently as well. He also does video game related animations which I adore as well such as NoPunNintendo
EddGould: Did his own unique animations in a show called EddsWorld. He passed away earlier this year sadly.
TomSka: Was friends with Edd, and he does a mix of live action skits and animations. Very funny.
FunyMony: Another comedy animator. Also does his own unique cartoons. They are great.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
Okay, most of the videos I watch are gaming videos so here it goes: Whiteboy7thst, TmartN, Woodysgamertag, Minnesotaburns and KPopp. Yeah, I don't get out much.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Cr1TiKaL
His YT name is Penguinz0 [http://www.youtube.com/user/penguinz0]

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Game Grumps....

And time to give a shout out to the messiah of the gaming industry... YOUTUBE NATION! MAIN EVENT TV AKA ME TV AKA GAME DEVS ARE DIRTY TIME TO CLEAN EM UP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg4xGLuOLLQ&list=UUU64AfivgQUOPuIJ8N5YaCA&index=3&feature=plcp

OT: How do you make the video appear on the post... ._.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
Chuggaaconroy and the Runaway guys. Slow-mo guys. Team Four Star. Didyouknowgaming. CardgamesFTW

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
I only recently started subscribing to things and actually using the homepage on my YouTube channel, but I've still amassed too many to list here, so I'll just pick a few.

1. 3killabytes
<youtube=OyCwa33yzGM>

These guys do a very informal review/news show and deserve way more views than they get. High quality and funny, and they're really involved with their community as well.

2. BroTeamPill
<youtube=IiKjoEGYgWY>

All I can say about this guy is that he's retarded in the best way.

3. PeanutButterGamer
<youtube=MT75j27OTy0>

The other half of NormalBoots. Very much like JonTron. Even better IMO.

4. Yuriofwind
<youtube=4ZEyLZ9bWKY>
This guy has a very interesting ongoing series called gaming mysteries, where he talks about game betas, unreleased games, cut features, and all kinds of cool stuff that isn't commonly known about various games. His "obscure gaming" section is also worth checking out.