GoodBadFlicks Joins The Escapist

NoShoes

Aug 15, 2013
GoodBadFlicks Joins The Escapist

The Escapist will host exclusive episodes of GoodBadFlicks!

Update:
Good news, everyone: GoodBadFlicks is now live on The Escapist! You can watch the first exclusive video below and tune in every Monday for more exclusive GoodBadFlicks [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/good-bad-flicks].

[video=10111]

Original Story:
Cecil Trachenburg, expert on good, bad, and ugly movies alike, is joining The Escapist team! You may know Cecil's work from his show, GoodBadFlicks [https://www.youtube.com/user/trachenburg], where he shares his opinion on all the gloriously good bad flicks available, primarily obscure films and B movies, as well as the current state of the movie and television industries.

Through this partnership, The Escapist will feature one exclusive GoodBadFlicks episode a week. "Bringing Cecil and GoodBadFlicks to The Escapist is going to be a truly awesome addition to our weekly content lineup," said Josh Vanderwall, Editor in Chief of The Escapist.

And we're not the only ones excited about the news; Cecil himself had some exciting words to share: "5 out of 5 Super Mutants agree, this is awesome news."

Fans of the show can tune into The Escapist every Monday for an exclusive GoodBadFlicks episode. New fans of GoodBadFlicks can GoodBadFlicks YouTube channel [https://twitter.com/GoodBadFlicks] to catch up on all GoodBadFlicks reviews and Cecil's weekly Netflix suggestions.

The first exclusive episode of GoodBadFlicks will air on The Escapist on Monday, April 27!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
He sounds very professional and intelligent with some damn good writing, but maybe a little too...reigned in, emotionally. Maybe a bit too scripted, if that's a better word. And I hope his editting/actual video making skills are a little better, but then again that video was from 2014. A lot can happen in a year.

Very happy to see some video content about movies returning. This together with Marter's movie reviews makes for some very good content. Kudos Escapist, kudos indeed.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
A replacement for MovieBob? Not a bad idea, I'll certainly give him a go.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
Well its a good start, I saw his WTF happened to PG-13 a while back and I thought it was amazing. This is great bit of news for this site but still might need more to keep it afloat

Liam Glover

Apr 16, 2015
Cowabungaa said:
He sounds very professional and intelligent with some damn good writing, but maybe a little too...reigned in, emotionally. Maybe a bit too scripted, if that's a better word. And I hope his editting/actual video making skills are a little better, but then again that video was from 2014. A lot can happen in a year.

Very happy to see some video content about movies returning. This together with Marter's movie reviews makes for some very good content. Kudos Escapist, kudos indeed.
He actually used to be a video editor. This is one of his weaker videos.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Earthmonger said:
MovieBob did not need replacing.
He has a habit of judging audiences for things he hated.
He is too much of a Nintendo fan boy.
Had a habit of taking different sides on issues that could be defined as sexist while acting like he always sided with women.

I think he needed to be replaced.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
RatGouf said:
Earthmonger said:
Had a habit of taking different sides on issues that could be defined as sexist while acting like he always sided with women.

He was way past needing to be replaced. He has said some crazy shit.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Eri said:
RatGouf said:
Earthmonger said:

He was way past needing to be replaced. He has said some crazy shit.
I don't like the term "replaced" Purged sounds better.

OT: Always good to see new blood on the escapist, and I expect to enjoy him thoroughly, I just hope he didn't say something that can be taken out of context on twitter two years ago.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
So they don't have the money to keep the many talented artists they used to showcase, but they can pay this guy?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
RatGouf said:
Earthmonger said:

Yup.

If even if didn't like a movie Bob didn't like, I couldn't stand by him insulting audiences who disagreed with him or liked something he didn't.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
AidoZonkey said:
I saw his WTF happened to PG-13 a while back and I thought it was amazing.
I just went and watched that. Thought it was very well done. Looking forward to seeing more of his stuff.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Never heard of the guy before today- now I've probably watched 30 videos of his. Good stuff.
The escapist has a bright future ahead of it if they keep this up.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Have been watching this guy on youtube for years - love his videos. Though still be watching those through youtube.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
This looks very interesting and informative. Could turn out to be a reason to keep coming here. Time will tell

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'm interested in seeing whether it's varying episodes, or whether it's just reviews that will show up on Mondays.