Google Hires Goats to Mow The Lawn

Ben Jamin

Apr 15, 2009
JMeganSnow said:
How is this a "low-carbon" option? Two words: Goat Farts.
Yeah but the goats are gonna fart anyway. Google is giving them a job to
balance it all out.

Cubilone

Jan 14, 2009
What about Google's employees farting? That must produce quite a bit of CO2 and methane. Actually, forget about the cattle. What about the earth's human population?

Anyway, I find the idea of Google's grounds littered with spherical goat poo hilarious.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
This is why I always wondered why they kept trying to scare deer out of our yards when we were younger. If you let them graze, they poop and make the grass greener. then they come back and eat it later. Maint. free! I mean sure, I'd never know the worht of a hard day's labor behind a mower, but I think the tradeoff is worth it.

CO2 be damned, I like animals. Isn't goat blood good for keeping ghosts away?

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
So here's what I'm getting:

Google is trying to be enviromently friendly, ignoring the fact that their computers are "not the best thing for the enviroment."

One (or more) lawn mower(s) apparently leaves (leave) such a carbon footprint, that all the man power of brining in the goats, picking up waste, feeding them, and keeping them from being a distraction from employees is easier than it is to minimize other carbon footprints.

I'm no lawn expert, but how would eating the grass keep it as neat looking as a lawn mower designed to cut the grass just how you want it? Last time I checked, the land under barn yard animals is no fairway.

mtk2a

Sep 11, 2008
Benny J said:
JMeganSnow said:
Yeah but the goats are gonna fart anyway. Google is giving them a job to
balance it all out.
"Ze goats must PAY for zeir farts! Zey must WORK to REPAY ze earth for zeir sinful emissions!" -goat fart tax

Novacain4862

Feb 12, 2009
God that's gonna be a lot of crap around >.>. Also that's a lot of noise as well.

"Have the lambs stop screaming Clarice?"

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
JMeganSnow said:
It is the low-er carbon option.

Goats produce less Carbon DiOxide than a team of ride-on lawn mowers. Besides, the goats would still be farting, they would just do it somewhere else.