Gorillaz is Over

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Aw man, that blows. Well, maybe this was for the better... most bands who don't break up after some great hits end up making shit anyway.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Darnit. But at least they quit in the best way possible: while they were still winning.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
This makes me really sad. I loved the Gorillaz in every way. The videos and art style were phenomenal, the music was original and varied, and the project as a whole was very good and solid conceptually. Personally my favorite of their music was Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head:

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Ldude893 said:
Damn it. First, rumors over Battlefront 3 turns out to be false, and then one of my favorite bands come to an end.
Not a cheerful week for me. Hope something spices it up.
There were rumors? Is it good or bad that I missed that? Because I never heard anything about Battlefront 3.

I like a lot of their songs but I've never called myself a fan, still pretty sad though.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
On a positive note, they already gave us their best works and they can never take that away, shaka-shaka.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Gets in bad situation... "This day couldn't get any worst..."

Reads this thread...

"FUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Aww... They were a big part of my childhood. Saddening to see them go.
Oddly coincidental, as today my Gorillaz Converses arrived.
Ah well, the music'll live on.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
It's better to have loved and lost, than to have your favorite band performing at the Super Bowl halftime show leaving you wondering "what the hell happened to them?"

You shall be missed.

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
I'm more upset that Blur are done, so recently after they came back. I saw them at Glastonbury at their own self described "best gig they've ever done" and it was mind-blowing. Gorillaz I saw the next year, were terrible. Absolutely terrible. Loved their cd stuff however, just not as much as Blur's.

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
StBishop said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
Hazy992 said:
I only really like Clint Eastwood so I can't say I'm bothered tbh. Sad for the fans I guess.
Was that their first really huge song? Something to do with sunshine in a bag? I got the CD that was on and was greatly disappointed. Never cared for them and honestly thought they had faded into obscurity years ago.
No that song was called, funnily enough, Sunshine in a Bag.

Clint Eastwood was an album and a song.
No...?

Clint Eastwood was the name of the song, not Sunshine in a Bag, and the album was just called Gorillaz.

OT: Well, this fucking sucks. I mean, I knew they were nearing the end of their run, but I was kind of hoping for a better end to it all besides The Fall. Oh well, at least DoYaThing was pretty good.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Mydogisblue said:
StBishop said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
Hazy992 said:
I only really like Clint Eastwood so I can't say I'm bothered tbh. Sad for the fans I guess.
Was that their first really huge song? Something to do with sunshine in a bag? I got the CD that was on and was greatly disappointed. Never cared for them and honestly thought they had faded into obscurity years ago.
No that song was called, funnily enough, Sunshine in a Bag.

Clint Eastwood was an album and a song.
No...?

Clint Eastwood was the name of the song, not Sunshine in a Bag, and the album was just called Gorillaz.

OT: Well, this fucking sucks. I mean, I knew they were nearing the end of their run, but I was kind of hoping for a better end to it all besides The Fall. Oh well, at least DoYaThing was pretty good.
I'm obviously not a fan. It turns out both of my original claims were incorrect.

I was making the (confusing) mistake of thinking that this album was a Gorillaz album? I don't even know what was happening there.

HooterNanny

May 19, 2010
Wow. This is the first news of this type that I've heard in a while that has genuinely made me sad. Gorillaz was probably the first band that I ever picked up on and became a fan of, and its literally followed me through more than 2 thirds of my life.

I remember when I was like, 6, my brother loaned me his copy of the first album, but said I couldnt listen to Clint Eastwood or 19-2000 because they had swearing in, countless bus journies to and from school staring out the window listening to Starshine.
Gorillaz always tends to remind me of being young and not having responsibilities and crap. Really sad to see them go, but at least the music will always be there

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go wax nostalgic and listen to El Manana

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Damn it. I loved this kooky project to bits... such a shame to see it end. :(
Guess I know what I'll be listening to tonight.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Sadness. I really liked the Gorillaz. They are one of my favorite bands in fact. Well, as they say, all good things must come to an nd.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Volf already said this on the first page, but god damned it I will say it again!

They didn't even finish Rhinestone Eyes! Gaaah! Now I am sad! D;

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
ah well.

Feels good was brillient, clint eastwood was ok and so was dirty harry. :(

Although i think it was the whole "cartoon thing" that was the only thing that made them stand out.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Well this sucks. Didn't like everything they made and only 2 songs off Plastic beach but Demon Days is one of my top 10 albums evar. They had a good run though