Gotham City Imposters character type

Sep 9, 2010
I just wanted to know if anyone chooses the nimble body type because this is the only female character? It doesn't seem too difficult to have a female and male version of each build and I wondered if anyone else thought the same thing.

By the way, I am a guy and almost exclusively play as a mighty character because I think that they have more going for them than any other build. Feel free to mention your favourite class set-ups too as I always use the same or similar classes - jackhammer, buccaneer (I think that is what it is called, the single shot sniper anyway), ninja smoke and trap-in-a-box.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Probably the first thread that turns the tables but ok let's explain the issue:
- 2x characters
- 2x animation
- 2x modeling for near all parts
- 2x the voice acting (however little there is)
That is a whole lot of extra work for a purely cosmetic feature, not to mention the game is dirt cheap.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Every player and their dog uses the mighty or the burly, cowards. The lot of them.

I use the speedy, cant touch this.

Sep 9, 2010
Kinguendo said:
Every player and their dog uses the mighty or the burly, cowards. The lot of them.

I use the speedy, cant touch this.
I do actually find the smaller characters harder to hit which I have never found on other games with a similar build system, but I still have to give the edge to the mighty characters

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
I tend to use the nimble body type simply because I felt that it was a happy medium from the totally average guy and the super low health guy.

When I first started I would just use the scouting goggles and sit back with a sniper rifle. However, recently I unlocked the shotgun so I've been going out with roller skates, body armor, a shotgun, and the rocket launcher just owning people. :D

It's true that the smaller characters are harder to hit, that's why I actually prefer going up against a big guy with my shotgun because they just take loads of damage from every shot without me having to try all that hard to aim. :p Also it doesn't hurt that I use the armor piercing bullets mod with it. :D

Mr.K. said:
Well this one point isn't an issue with Gotham City Imposters (At least I don't think it is) since they already have male and female voices available for everyone, regardless of which body type you play as. (Which can be very strange and hilarious. :3)

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Body Type: Burly
Main: Persuader
Side: Huntsman
Gadget: Glider/Zipline
Item: Bear Trap

I've seen many people at the top of the leaderboards that use nimble body type. I've always considered using it but you die too easily in this game if your not careful.

Of course, one easy solution to the smaller body type is the body armor, but I think we all know that's a cheap-as-fuck item.

Sep 9, 2010
AwkwardTurtle said:
I tend to use the nimble body type simply because I felt that it was a happy medium from the totally average guy and the super low health guy.

When I first started I would just use the scouting goggles and sit back with a sniper rifle. However, recently I unlocked the shotgun so I've been going out with roller skates, body armor, a shotgun, and the rocket launcher just owning people. :D

It's true that the smaller characters are harder to hit, that's why I actually prefer going up against a big guy with my shotgun because they just take loads of damage from every shot without me having to try all that hard to aim. :p Also it doesn't hurt that I use the armor piercing bullets mod with it. :D

Mr.K. said:
Well this one point isn't an issue with Gotham City Imposters (At least I don't think it is) since they already have male and female voices available for everyone, regardless of which body type you play as. (Which can be very strange and hilarious. :3)
I might unlock the persuader with my next weapon unlock and try it out, I didn't bother before because I like having a sniper in the secondary slot and I love the jackhammer so just stayed with them.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
The better skilled player seem to use the lighter body types and i`m not one of them.
I use a mighty with a glider rig and jackhammer and i don`t care what you think i dive bomb every nimble and speedy who`s stupid enough to stick their nose out.
Nah serious i switch to nimble from time to time but i want to get my last jackhammer feats then i`m gonna try another build and i will practice my axe throws for the nasty mighties in the sky.

Sep 9, 2010
OldDirtyCrusty said:
The better skilled player seem to use the lighter body types and i`m not one of them.
I use a mighty with a glider rig and jackhammer and i don`t care what you think i dive bomb every nimble and speedy who`s stupid enough to stick their nose out.
Nah serious i switch to nimble from time to time but i want to get my last jackhammer feats then i`m gonna try another build and i will practice my axe throws for the nasty mighties in the sky.
I don't know about skill level I think it is just how they like to play, I am really good with the sniper so I don't think its about skill that makes me choose mighty. On the other hand the jackhammer doesn't take any skill but that doesn't take anything away from it, I have killed the other team in about 10 seconds a few times before because of the massive clip and damage.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Having sucess with the jackhammer depends on your own ability to hit and the gadgets and perks of the enemy player. Experienced burleys with armor can give me a hard time while i rip through speedys and nimbles. It seems that the shredder is a good weapon against mighties too. In my last game i got shredded a lot :D .
I`ve never been a good sniper by the way. I rush most of the time and play my role as a tank. My second weapon of choice is the down patrol.

Only 95 jackhammer headshots and the new background is mine, hooray.