Grab A Look at Canceled "The Flash" Superhero Game

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
FLASH AAAAAAAAAAA SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE Sorry had to be done

OT: Didn't actually look that bad I probably would have rented it and enjoyed it.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I dunno man. I'm thinking somebody took the Bungie concept of "30 seconds of fun" a little too literally. ;) While the game does look interesting, I was bored halfway through the video. He runs, he punches people ... etc. Honestly, I think The Flash is probably one of the dumbest superheroes anyway. This game could be the best game int he universe and I would probably still think it was dull.

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
All that running around seems very repetitive, now if they had shown the Flash using his powers in innovative ways (He has much more than just running fast) I might have been more bummed about this being killed off early

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Reminds me a lot of Jet Set Radio mixed with Mirror's Edge. In fact, despite being only 6 months in development it doesn't look that much less detailed than ME.

rondler

Apr 15, 2009
the game look like a mash up between a quick time event and a racing game and in my books this is a no-no. if the fights are, like the video shown, «press X to smash guys face» they will be dull and a chore to execute after the third time you fight something.
is it me or running in a game really not something i would like to do? even if it's faster than a car.
sure looks like a good idea they call that one off.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Krakyn said:
I wonder if they would've incorporated Flash's ability to move every atom of himself so fast that he could phase through walls. That would be awesome.
You are a ninja, i was just about to post that thought myself.
Hopefully the Flash gets his dues soon.
There is a lot of potential here.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
That was pretty dull to be honest. There's a damn good reason why Brash went under, and it's because they really didn't produce quality products.

Arcanz

Jun 25, 2009
So it's 6 months into development, that's pretty good for beeing "only" 6 months. The graphics though a little rough at times was pretty..umm, pretty. And that's without the 2 months of polishing that some games get. I'd probably play it ^^

But, I have to wonder. What becomes of all those game designers that design a game for months, some nearly finishes it, and then it's scraped. I think I would have been pretty upset if I worked on something for months and someone just said "heeeeeeey, what's up? Looking good there, some good ideas here. Sorry to say this though, but we ain't going to continue it anymore. Bigger projects which needs to be finished."

This seems to happen a lot lately with games in development.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
The Flash has always been one of those heroes with the potential for absolute awesomeness and a lack of the will to do anything about... this guy could theoretically disintegrate enemies by taking them along for a ride at top speed or deconstruct them at a molecular level through means of vibration. But, alas, all he does is plucking kittens out of trees and occasionally punch crooks in the face.
This game looks like Sonic Unleashed meets Superman Returns meets any GTA title beyond the second one, and I could have done without any of these games. Maybe it's for the best this never got to see the light of day.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
looks good!

One comment about speed tho JK2 did speed right, you slow down the environment and rise the characters speed some in that slowen down environment. For games like sonic that revolve around speed have this linked to a stamina bar so you can use it but not abuse it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Damn...and the Flash is one of my favorite superheroes, too. Actually, he's my favorite.

IrirshTerrorist

Jul 25, 2009
Don't think its a game I'd ever have bought/played (because its not the kinda game I like) but it does look as if it could have been alright. What sent the production company under?

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
What, am I the only one who was reminded of Prototype when I watched this? It seriously looks just like Prototype with a speed boost and less moves to do. If it had ever came out it would probably be somewhat redundant.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
HardRockSamurai said:
Actually, the footage reminds me a lot of the Superman Returns game, which really isn't a good thing. Still, it's a shame it got canceled.
Yeah. Probably because the graphics look the same. In Superman moving at Super speed was terrible because you kept on crashing into things, but that was the least of it's problems.

This actually looks good, and maybe someone else will make a Flash game.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Reuq said:
Looks like a laugh, but not my thing at all. Strangly it reminds me of GTA3, duno why.
I was thinking the same thing, the bridge and the HUD map is what lent the GTA feeling to me. Anywho, I think instead of doing that they should just make another JLH game.

James Cassidy

Dec 4, 2008
Oh god it reminds me of Superman 64.....oh god...but it looks much better...so that was a plus.

Pity, but was probably meant to be.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
That makes me sad this was never made. It could have been awesome with alot of work. Flash is a pretty unique, light hearted hero, a comedy action game could've been great.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
The combat looks a bit bland but other than that it looks like a pretty solid concept. But they'd have to let the player do the whole parkour thing and make the speed handle properly otherwise it would get quite boring. It's too bad it was cancelled, it might have been one of the few good comic book games, along with Batman: Arkham Asylum and Spider-man 2.