Graham Explains LoadingReadyRun's Kickstarter

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Graham Explains LoadingReadyRun's Kickstarter

Graham Stark answers a few questions about the Loading Ready Run Kickstarter.

Read Full Article

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
It was really nice of you guys to do an interview about this, I'm looking forward to this project funding!

EDIT: And it's funded :p By $30 more than asked when I checked just after typing this

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I love how The Simpsons has become the de facto standard for series zombification. Years ago, every new entertainment venture wanted to be the next Simpsons. Now, every established entertainment venture wants to avoid being the next Simpsons.

But more on topic, congrats on the successful Kickstarter. Apart from it being you guys, it's nice to see one of the early "official" Canadian KSs do good.:)

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
Please, please, PLEASE, call Morgan back for one last 64K video. I've been rewatching them lately and I can't stop. They are crack.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Just wondering which shows will end and which will continue.
Unskippable, feeddump, checkpoint?

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
JenSeven said:
Just wondering which shows will end and which will continue.
Unskippable, feeddump, checkpoint?
The weekly sketches (LRR) will end after next year's final season, now that the kickstarter has been funded. Feed Dump, Unskippable, Checkpoint, Friday Nights, and their podcasts and let's plays will continue, as well as some apparently new things they're working on.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I'm not certain where to ask this, so maybe someone can direct me.

I'm not really interested in asking the gang to do challenges and such. They're nice and all, but I'd be more interested in getting additional ad-free early access to videos (ala the $10 pledge, only... you know, more). Is the, "You also get your name on our KickStarter "Thank You!" page, access to a secret KS Backer forum on LoadingReadyRun.com, and early access to the videos." in later tiers essentially that, but permanent rather than for just three days?

EDIT: Also, why no stretch goals guys?!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Alar said:
I'm not certain where to ask this, so maybe someone can direct me.

I'm not really interested in asking the gang to do challenges and such. They're nice and all, but I'd be more interested in getting additional ad-free early access to videos (ala the $10 pledge, only... you know, more). Is the, "You also get your name on our KickStarter "Thank You!" page, access to a secret KS Backer forum on LoadingReadyRun.com, and early access to the videos." in later tiers essentially that, but permanent rather than for just three days?

EDIT: Also, why no stretch goals guys?!
No, the ad-free is only for the three KickStarter preview days. YouTube ads continue after that.

Also, we've got hella strech goals! Check out the page for info on them.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
This answer felt a bit... weird to me:

Graham Stark said:
How hard is it to give up something you've been working at continuously for 10 years?

It is.
But joking aside, the kickstarter might have reached it's goal, but there's still tons of stretch goals. Crapshots, an old LRR series, is to come back at $150k. They have it up on... their Youtube I believe? Check it out.

And if we get to $225k, we get a sex calendar. You know you can't turn that down. Funnily enough, you also can't unsee it.

All that and more could be ours for the low low price of whatever we get the kickstarter up to!

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
It's nice to see that LRR recognized their limits and is cutting their losses instead of burning themselves out like some other overplayed, overdone comedies.

It'll be a shame to see LRR end, but I look forever to any future productions, and I'd like to see what they do.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Probably the wrong place to say this but I wonder if the sketches are going to be still airing on the Escapist.

In my dreamland I still see LRR and the big E skipping merrily off into the sunset together.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Formica Archonis said:
I love how The Simpsons has become the de facto standard for series zombification. Years ago, every new entertainment venture wanted to be the next Simpsons. Now, every established entertainment venture wants to avoid being the next Simpsons.
Nobody seriously doesn't want to be the next Simpsons. They may say that, but would you actually say no to hundreds of millions of dollars a year?

Doctor Insanovic

Feb 1, 2010
Been with you guys for a long time. Not quite from the beginning, but long enough to remember the original Installation Anxiety. It'll be sad to see the weeklies go, but I wish you all the best of luck in everything, and you can be sure I'll continue following everything you do, just as we've all done for years.
It'll be strange not to see a sketch "every week, without fail", but I can bet a fair amount of my dignity that it will be much stranger for you guys.
What I'm really trying to say though is I love you guys and I hope you never give up the dream you're living.
I know how much LRR has meant to you and I feel privileged to have been along for the ride.

road_to_dawn

Aug 18, 2009
Dr.Susse said:
Probably the wrong place to say this but I wonder if the sketches are going to be still airing on the Escapist.

In my dreamland I still see LRR and the big E skipping merrily off into the sunset together.
Yes, they will. Certain pledge tiers of the Kickstarter will get early access to the sketches on LRR's YouTube, but they will still be posted here on Mondays.