Gran Turismo 5 Compatible With Move

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Gran Turismo 5 Compatible With Move

The latest instalment of Sony's flagship racing series, Gran Turismo 5 [http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Playstation-3/dp/B002BSA1C6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968885&sr=1-1], is going to be compatible with the PlayStation Move.

Sony's PS3 motion controller was officially revealed to the public this week, and information on what games will be compatible with it is already trickling out. On the official product page [http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/scph-98060.html] for the Move is a list of games and nestled in amongst the party games and sport minigames collections is Gran Turismo 5.

The Gran Turismo series is known for it its realism, and exactly how that will translate to motion control isn't clear, although if I had to guess, I'd say a pair of Move controllers used as some facsimile of a steering wheel. Also mentioned on the product page are Split/Second and ModNation Racers, which suggests a certain theme to the Move titles.

Gran Turismo 5 is slated for release sometime this year.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/14/gt5-splitsecond-revealed-as-move-compatible/]

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Huh, how? Kinda hoping it isn't just the Wii remote sterring wheel method, I hate that but I have no idea how else they'd do it.

Edit: Hang on, on the product page, the games at the bottom aren't listed as related to the Move, it just says featured products. I'm not convinced GT5 will be supporting Move.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Polyphony, let me break it down for you. You can take your useless Move support and 3D bullshit... and shove it up your ass! Just give me Gran Turismo 5 for the love of God, and work these in later in UPDATES!

At the rate you're going, you're going to be the next Duke Nukem Forever. And if Codemasters get another GRiD out, you're finished. So pull your finger out, and just release the game al-fucking-ready!!

Mini rant over.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
OH LORD NO!

Please, racing wheels, Wii wheels, Move...what's next for racing games?

UGH.

*plays racing games with basic controllers*

I fear they'll start being designed with a focus around them types of controllers...Like fighting games and arcade sticks.

Ironboot

Mar 9, 2010
I'm not a fan of racing games, but... I still have to vent my opinion about implementing Move. It shouldn't be used for old and popular franchises. This approach only scares the old fans away. Make new game series with Move compatibility, but leave the classics alone!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
OH LORD NO!

UGH.

Calm down, Onyx, compatible doesn't mean necessary.
Steering wheels are only supposed to enhance the experience, that's all.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Journeythroughhell said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
OH LORD NO!

UGH.

Calm down, Onyx, compatible doesn't mean necessary.
Steering wheels are only supposed to enhance the experience, that's all.
I know...but I fear they'll start being designed with a focus around them...Like fighting games and arcade sticks.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Rather inevitable. Don't see why your all up in arms about it, and by you, I mean:
Onyx Oblivion said:
OH LORD NO!

UGH.

Calumon: Zoom! Zoom! No underwear! Zoom! Zoom!

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Catkid906 said:
Rather inevitable. Don't see why your all up in arms about it, and by you, I mean:
Onyx Oblivion said:
OH LORD NO!

UGH.

Calumon: Zoom! Zoom! No underwear! Zoom! Zoom!
I fear they'll start being designed with a focus around them...Like fighting games and arcade sticks.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Huh, how? Kinda hoping it isn't just the Wii remote sterring wheel method, I hate that but I have no idea how else they'd do it.

Edit: Hang on, on the product page, the games at the bottom aren't listed as related to the Move, it just says featured products. I'm not convinced GT5 will be supporting Move.
Hold them parralell one in each hand pointing straight up. To make a left turn Left goes down and Right comes up. Reverse for a right turn.

DeadRow

Evil Ghandi :3
Jun 15, 2007
'Moption' Control, eh? :p

Could never get into GT, probably because Im really bad a racing games in general :D

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
squid5580 said:
Eagle Est1986 said:

Hold them parralell one in each hand pointing straight up. To make a left turn Left goes down and Right comes up. Reverse for a right turn.
So basically like a flight yoke only it'd be driving. Not a bad idea per-se but how is acceleration and such handled: buttons or tilting?

Anyway all of this is moot because GT5 is cursed to never be released. I am of course joking but it's been in development for how long now? About six years?

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Damn them. This is probably why GT5 was delayed; to wait for the stupid motion controls to be integrated into the game.
Motion controls + driving games = major annoyance and strong urge to destroy!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Mornelithe said:
AceDiamond said:
squid5580 said:
Eagle Est1986 said:

So basically like a flight yoke only it'd be driving. Not a bad idea per-se but how is acceleration and such handled: buttons or tilting?

Anyway all of this is moot because GT5 is cursed to never be released. I am of course joking but it's been in development for how long now? About six years?
With 950 cars taking roughly 1/mo of man-hours to create/each. It's not surprising it's taken this long. Remember, they _did_ have to throw away all of their legacy code and start from literally square one here. Besides, it's not like PD's ever thrown us a PoS.
Well like I said I was joking more about the constant delays and the whole "well we can release it at any time" thing a while back. It wasn't meant to be a serious "lol it's never coming out". In the same vein of not being (entirely) serious, you do realize that out of 950 cars people are only going to end up using about 40 of those, if that. Yes it's a monumental feat to have that many cars in a game, I admit. But knowing what I know about the GT series (I played some of the earlier iterations), a huge chunk of those are clunkers, trucks, vans, and other cars you would not typically race with unless you had no other choice.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
I sense peripherals. Like the gaming industry needs more peripherals.
Yeah...seriously. People have enough plastic sitting around there homes as it is x,x