Gran Turismo 5 Compatible With Move

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
jackanderson said:
Polyphony, let me break it down for you. You can take your useless Move support and 3D bullshit... and shove it up your ass! Just give me Gran Turismo 5 for the love of God, and work these in later in UPDATES!

At the rate you're going, you're going to be the next Duke Nukem Forever.

Six years and $60 million dollars later, I'd have to say "Too late, it's already happened..." I suppose however, that GT5 will eventually be released unlike DNF.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Yog Sothoth said:
jackanderson said:
Polyphony, let me break it down for you. You can take your useless Move support and 3D bullshit... and shove it up your ass! Just give me Gran Turismo 5 for the love of God, and work these in later in UPDATES!

Six years and $60 million dollars later, I'd have to say "Too late, it's already happened..." I suppose however, that GT5 will eventually be released unlike DNF.
Still, it may as well be the next DNF. I used to follow the GT franchise, but have long since moved on to Forza (regular updates, same variety of cars, customization that's awesome, etc). After playing the Gran Turismo demo, I was thoroughly disappointed. What a waste of time and money that one's been.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Nova5 said:
Yog Sothoth said:
jackanderson said:

Still, it may as well be the next DNF. I used to follow the GT franchise, but have long since moved on to Forza (regular updates, same variety of cars, customization that's awesome, etc). After playing the Gran Turismo demo, I was thoroughly disappointed. What a waste of time and money that one's been.
I find it quite amusing that in racing games like Gran Turismo and Forza, DNF stands for 'Did Not Finish'.

Now whenever I see DNF that on the race results I'm going to think Duke Nukem Forever, since the 2 are practically interchangeable.

OT: Is this Playstation Move support joining the list of features which are delaying GT5 and which the majority of fans don't want?

Just like the 3D television support and the integrated GPS functionality [http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-gps-functionality-3d-confirmed/] for real life track days, this will probably be a feature that most fans would rather do with out, if it meant that the game would be released sometime soon.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
Nova5 said:
Yog Sothoth said:
jackanderson said:

I couldn't agree more. I too am a convert to Forza from GT... I once regarded the GT franchise as the best console racing sim, but Turn 10 has really put Polyphony to shame the last few years and (pardon the horrific pun) have left them in the dust...

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
I fear they'll start being designed with a focus around them...Like fighting games and arcade sticks.
Eh, Guilty Gear and Street Fighter work just great with a D-pad and face/shoulder buttons. It's just impossible to keep up at competition level, and that's what custom controllers are for.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
OH LORD NO!

Please, racing wheels, Wii wheels, Move...what's next for racing games?

UGH.

*plays racing games with basic controllers*

I fear they'll start being designed with a focus around them types of controllers...Like fighting games and arcade sticks.
you bad-mouthing mah logitech wheels?
seriously, there just going to SUPPORT them as an option, and most of the heavy code work will be in frimware updates for the move, so they basically just allow the motion to emulate analogue input.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
MR T3D said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
OH LORD NO!

UGH.

I fear they'll start being designed with a focus around them types of controllers...Like fighting games and arcade sticks.
seriously, there just going to SUPPORT them as an option, and most of the heavy code work will be in frimware updates for the move, so they basically just allow the motion to emulate analogue input.
Not at all. I know they are optional, I just fear that down the line, they'll assume everyone buying racing games owns a wheel, and makes the game focused around the wheel, making the game harder for those without a wheel.

See fighting games and arcade sticks...Dear god...

High level play without a stick is impossible.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
MR T3D said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
OH LORD NO!

UGH.

Not at all. I know they are optional, I just fear that down the line, they'll assume everyone buying racing games owns a wheel, and makes the game focused around the wheel, making the game harder for those without a wheel.

See fighting games and arcade sticks...Dear god...

High level play without a stick is impossible.
an interesting thought you have.
i wish in this instance i had experience with fighting games beyond smash bros to i could better know your point, but i think i get enough of it.
If they focused on a wheel, that's analog steering, aswell as analog gas and break pedals, shift up/down inputs, all of which are on controllers nowadays.
maybe they could do a realistic clutch, but so few people even drive stick IRL, and i doubt a mainstream racer could get away with forcing it.
sure, the wheel can be more precise, but that's just natural because it has more travel, the trade-off is that it takes longer to quickly counter-steer possibly..?
games focused on wheel-play do exist on the PC, hell, i remember than GT3 had a bit in the manual about using your logitech wheel with it, and i think that's about as far as they will assume and focus on wheels.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
THATS great, but will the game be compatible with being released!!! It's been soooo long that I don't even know what the gam is about anymore!

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
As long as I can play it without motion controllers, then I'm fine.
(I saw the title of this and thought "What the fuck is 'move'"?)

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Aaaand the GT5 release slips back another six months.

By the time it's actually out we'll all have flying cars.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
MR T3D said:
maybe they could do a realistic clutch, but so few people even drive stick IRL, and i doubt a mainstream racer could get away with forcing it.
In America maybe. In most of Europe at least manual transmissions are the norm.

On the other hand, racing wheel controllers usually have flappy paddles anyway, so it would be more accurate not to have a clutch if you're using most racing wheels.

(Get a racing wheel, really, it makes sim racers so much more fun).

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Well I can't see it being very good controlling with the Move. Seriously, without any feedback - even a feeble rumble - is just lame. A thumbstick has enough sensitivity to movement to be more than sufficient, but if you want the real racing feel, there is absolutely no substitute for a force feedback racing wheel. Now, if they could just make it compatible with my PC MOMO wheel... ><