Gran Turismo Supercar Comes to Life in London

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
I think this car is something I want need
and I'm not even a car person, let alone a Gran Turismo person...

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
GloatingSwine said:
Less pissing about with Citroen, more finishing your game please Polyphony.
Polyphony are very keen to do anything but Gran Turismo 5. Thats the only reason they're doing Gran Turismo PsP.
Exactly. They don't want to have to fix the problems which have gone unaddressed for several iterations now, especially now that online play in Prologue introduced a whole new set of problems. But they should know that if they don't fix said problems, I will personally hunt them all down and kill them.

On topic: As a car person, I'm far more interested in the Koenigsegg CCXR Edition, a carbon-fiber bodied, 1018-horsepower, $2 million dollar beast that claims to pull 1.5gs while cornering. Oh yeah, and Koenigsegg claims a top speed of 250+ mph.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Thanks a lot, now I have to change my shirt on accoutn of all the drool that escaped my mouth.
Awesome car, I hope one finds its way stateside so I can go and see it.
Brotherofwill said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Who the hell are they making these cars for?
My guess: GT 5 Collectors Edition
lol, very big box, or maybe it will just be a tin and the title is in the box?

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Hmm, a million more than a Bugatti Veyron and yet slower, and it's a French car, so of course the interior will eventually fall apart, and rattle in odd places. Looks like a deformed R8, in fact I'd take the R8 anytime over the GT, although I'd love to drive a Nissan GT-R.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Zetona said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
GloatingSwine said:
Polyphony are very keen to do anything but Gran Turismo 5. Thats the only reason they're doing Gran Turismo PsP.
Exactly. They don't want to have to fix the problems which have gone unaddressed for several iterations now, especially now that online play in Prologue introduced a whole new set of problems. But they should know that if they don't fix said problems, I will personally hunt them all down and kill them.
They've already fixed most of them
I have seen no fix for the insanely ill-conceived penalty system in Prologue, and until I do, whether it is in Prologue or in GT5, I will have no faith in Polyphony Digital.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Mornelithe said:
Zetona said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Zetona said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
GloatingSwine said:
I have seen no fix for the insanely ill-conceived penalty system in Prologue, and until I do, whether it is in Prologue or in GT5, I will have no faith in Polyphony Digital.
Any other problems? You spoke of multiple?

Morne
Prologue introduced a new format for starting races, in which all starts are rolling starts, plus the cars are single file and spaced about a second apart. Especially in the online mode, the disadvantage of starting at the back can be too much to make up, even in a superior car. The AI is so bad in the single player that I can make up the 16-second gap to an equal car before the second lap of a three-lap race. This, combined with the penalty system, really hurt an otherwise fun online experience. Plus, does any real world racing series start their races with the cars so spaced out? I think not.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Zetona said:
Mornelithe said:
Zetona said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Zetona said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
GloatingSwine said:
Any other problems? You spoke of multiple?

Morne
Prologue introduced a new format for starting races, in which all starts are rolling starts, plus the cars are single file and spaced about a second apart. Especially in the online mode, the disadvantage of starting at the back can be too much to make up, even in a superior car. The AI is so bad in the single player that I can make up the 16-second gap to an equal car before the second lap of a three-lap race. This, combined with the penalty system, really hurt an otherwise fun online experience. Plus, does any real world racing series start their races with the cars so spaced out? I think not.
This is why I stick to sims that are based on reality, you can have a rolling or stationary start, you qualify for your position on the grid, and if you hit someone something far worse than a 5 second penalty occurs (like you wreck your car), unfortunately besides a couple of 360 games, the PC seems to be the only platform that has any racing sims that are actually... racing sims.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Mornelithe said:
Zetona said:
Certainly valid issues, fair enough. Have you posted on PD or Sony's GT Forums indicating your reservations with these features?

Morne
No. I'm not even sure how many people share my complaints. Certainly the vast majority of game reviewers didn't.

The_Bat_Dan

Feb 22, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Only 20 exist in the real world, but everyone who plays Gran Turismo 5 gets to try this baby out...shows you why Gran Turismo is the racing sim king, eh?
Yeah because driving the car in a game, and being one of the 20 luckiest sons o' bitches in the world ever are exactly the same thing, aren't they...

The_Bat_Dan

Feb 22, 2009
Outamyhead said:
Hmm, a million more than a Bugatti Veyron and yet slower, and it's a French car, so of course the interior will eventually fall apart, and rattle in odd places. Looks like a deformed R8, in fact I'd take the R8 anytime over the GT, although I'd love to drive a Nissan GT-R.
Take an ex GT-R owners advice... BUY ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sell your mother if you have to, just get hold of one.