GRAND THEFT AUTO 6 OFFICIAL TRAILER (DECEMBER 2023)

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Since no one has mentioned here yet, apparently PC is not listed as one of the launch platforms:

As one of the comments points out, they are probably doing because they know people will double-dip and buy both on the consoles and on PC again. I'm shame to admit I did this too for both GTA 5 and RDR2.

Not this time, though. Maybe waiting for an extra year or two might be a better option to play on my PC.

Some possible insight to that -

lol at the “best as possible” though considering how many issues these games typically have with optimization. Most of his comments are kinda preaching to the choir too in terms of what we’d suspect, but I guess it gives some specific perspective since he used to work for them. Not sure what exactly his background was at Rockstar but guessing it wasn’t much to do with the technical side of things.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The usual suspects strike again! Hopefully the game makes fun of these kind of idiots too, to really rub it in.
I'm sure the developers will, but the only other problem I'm seeing with this games that a lot of the pop culture stuff will be outdated within a few years as soon as the game comes out.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I'm sure the developers will, but the only other problem I'm seeing with this games that a lot of the pop culture stuff will be outdated within a few years as soon as the game comes out.
True pop culture things move faster than ever now, but also they might leave that stuff within the setting and time of the story where it shouldn’t matter that much. Or, they keep updating that kinda crap within the next GTA Online model and charge extra for those updates.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Mapping project -

Would be pretty cool to have a new game universe mystery involving the Bermuda Triangle.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Like someone said in the comments, people need to go back and play RDR2 and really take some time to observe the hundreds of NPCs going about their day, and realize this game ran on consoles with toaster CPU’s while looking more detailed than anything else out at the time. Perhaps even today.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Like someone said in the comments, people need to go back and play RDR2 and really take some time to observe the hundreds of NPCs going about their day, and realize this game ran on consoles with toaster CPU’s while looking more detailed than anything else out at the time. Perhaps even today.
People like to hear themselves talk and will "forget" important details the slightest convenience for clicks and views.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

And we know this is only the beginning. Post-launch, we're gonna see tons of clickbait articles on secret weapons, locations, vehicles etc. Easter Eggs and some how-to contents are okay, but those get dwarfed with the clickbaits.

It reminds me of a youtuber called domislive, who the gaming news outlets called "infamous tipster" on GTAO. During the early days of GTAO, that dude used to make tons of clickbait videos on heist missions before the release. They all pretty much ended with him saying "So once again, we don't really know what's going on with the heist missions, but like and subscribe....". The said gaming news outlets also used his contents for their articles, with titles that were just as much of a clickbait.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
And we know this is only the beginning. Post-launch, we're gonna see tons of clickbait articles on secret weapons, locations, vehicles etc. Easter Eggs and some how-to contents are okay, but those get dwarfed with the clickbaits.

It reminds me of a youtuber called domislive, who the gaming news outlets called "infamous tipster" on GTAO. During the early days of GTAO, that dude used to make tons of clickbait videos on heist missions before the release. They all pretty much ended with him saying "So once again, we don't really know what's going on with the heist missions, but like and subscribe....". The said gaming news outlets also used his contents for their articles, with titles that were just as much of a clickbait.
I’d expect Digital Foundry to be above that, but even they have been reaching a bit more than usual lately with the redundant commentary videos. You can pretty much tell what videos will probably be guilty of this when the titles are questions.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I’d expect Digital Foundry to be above that, but even they have been reaching a bit more than usual lately with the redundant commentary videos. You can pretty much tell what videos will probably be guilty of this when the titles are questions.
Well boy howdy, what’d I just say -

C’mon DF, let’s give it a rest for at least a few months. Got looootsa time.