Grand Theft Auto V for PC and Wii U "Up For Consideration"

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Up for consideration, is it? Well, Rockstar, my purchase is equally "up for consideration."

Your move.

drivebyhobo

Mar 20, 2011
I don't really understand why Rockstar is preferring to sell boxed copies that only net them a sliver of the 60 dollar price. Max payne 3 on steam was giving them 40 dollars out of the 60 dollar purchase price. With that kind of a multiplier it puts the small number of PC copies on par with either the Xbox or PS3.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
They won't admit to it, but a PC GTA 5 is probably not going to happen.

GTA 4 sold less than a million copies on the PC in it's first year, the console versions sold ten million copies in four months (each having a higher trade and retail price than the PC version).

As much as this deflates my PC gamer ego, when asked about a PC release for GTA V, Rockstar's correct answer should be what is the point?
I think that if you could save your game without logging into GFWL then people might have been a little more willing to spend money on it. And there was the Social club thing, but that's a little more understandable seeing as there was a multiplayer mode.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
"Up for consideration"? Screw that. I'll just save my money for Saints Row 4. Volition can make a good PC version when they want to (Saints Row 3), and their games feel more like GTA games than GTA IV did. I'll bet the same will be correct for GTA V.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
MisterShine said:
Bullshit.

I would bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in their pockets that every single screenshot and video they have shown and will show of GTA V is from their internal PC builds, and that the console versions will not look as good as these.

Mark my words.
I tend to agree with you all the shots i've seen look way to good to have come from a 360. My guess is it'll look slightly better than 4 did but on the whole it'll still look like ass.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I will be seriously disappointed if it doesn't come to PC.
GTA IV had bloody amazing replay editing tools on PC, almost second to none which was worth the price of the game alone.
It also looked a damn sight better than on any of the consoles by a fair bit.

I realise that they can push the current consoles to make a sweet looking and performing game... but that still doesn't explain or make a good reason not to release it on PC or Wii U.
I actually don't see how that comment applies at all.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
"At a creative level, which is the most important for us, we could say everything we wanted to say and do everything we wanted to do on these machines."
Thank. You. I still don't see the need for a new console generation, and until someone can show me something that the new consoles can do (other than better graphics) that couldn't just be a firmware update to the old ones, I'll stick to my belief.

On the other hand, the lack of a PC version means I won't be playing it in the foreseeable future Not like there was a high chance of me buying it anyway given Rockstar's track record with their pc versions, but still.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
MisterShine said:
Bullshit.

I would bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in their pockets that every single screenshot and video they have shown and will show of GTA V is from their internal PC builds, and that the console versions will not look as good as these.

Mark my words.
Not only that, it's only the first screenshots and videos. For all we know, the game could have some of the crappiest console graphics possible today.

OT- I've never played GTA on PC, but this idea that PC won't get the game because Xbox does more than enough is bullshit. MS certified.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Rockstar games have been kinda shit lately anyway.

With the exception of Max Payne 3 of course, which is by far one of the greatest PC ports to come from Rockstar since...ever?

These days the only games that would make me consider a console purchase is anything by Kojima. Rockstar doesn't have that kind of influence in my opinion.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
They won't admit to it, but a PC GTA 5 is probably not going to happen.

GTA 4 sold less than a million copies on the PC in it's first year, the console versions sold ten million copies in four months (each having a higher trade and retail price than the PC version).
Too little too late. 7 months after the console version and it was completely broken. On top of all the in-game issues it suffered from GFWL syndrome. Of course it didn't sell well. I'd be happy to sell 10 copies of a game in that condition.

G32420NL

Jul 3, 2012
Wow, this is the first gaming related news that actually gave me a knot in my stomach :S
I love the gta series as whole, even the flawed gta IV, rockstars ability to create a living world is still unrivaled in my book, next to far cry 3 it's the only game i'm looking forward too. but i won't change my stance on buying an extra device for one game i like so i really hope it still gets released on pc. i will even put up with the stupid drm, smooth performance whould be nice though :p

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
"Still plenty of power", "not that many limitations"...

Oh come on, that's just talking crap and wishing it's true. Development for the 360 and PS3 is one massive game of cutting corners right now, in order to try and fit constant graphical upgrades onto a seven year old system!

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
PC or I won't be a buyer. I have a PS3 but that's just a damn waste of time, everyone should know this by now! Hell put it on WiiU and improve it over the PS3 & 360 versions, you might just tempt me to actually buy one of those little bastards!

Dahaka27

Apr 20, 2009
I could care less if its on Wii U, a PC version for a game looking this good kind of has to happen.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Haha, I love this guy. I mean, Rockstar doesn't make good games, so it doesn't matter to me. As a PC gamer I would never sink money into GTAV,not after how terrible GTAIV was for the PC and not after how bad Max Payne was. The game will be fine without PC or WiiU. But if the game is already made and porting would require a minimum amount of work or money, then it's probably worth it. But maybe these things were considered and it's not worth the money. If that's the case, it's probably not worth mentioning. As a PC gamer, I am not going to buy it in hopes that the community will fix all of Rockstars fuckups.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I would bet anything that the release previews and screenshots ect are from a PC build anyway.
Rockstar should have no excuse for porting at this point, while GTA IV was a shitty port and had GFWL which is a turn off to many Max Payne 3 was a excellent port.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I want to give you my money Rockstar but I guess you do not want it, at all.