Grand Theft Auto V PC Petition Pushes 375,000 Signatures

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Grand Theft Auto V PC Petition Pushes 375,000 Signatures

An awful lot of people want to play the new Grand Theft Auto with a mouse and keyboard.

Grand Theft Auto V launches tomorrow for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 but not, for some odd reason, on the PC. And while the great likelihood is that a PC version will come along sooner or later - it took Grand Theft Auto IV more than six months to hit the PC after the console release, remember - the "Release GTA V on PC" petition is doing a bang-up job of attracting attention and serving as a reminder to Rockstar that people do in fact want this thing.

The petition hit 200,000 signatures in late July [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126219-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PC-Petition-Hits-200-000-Signatures] and is now rapidly approaching 375,000, just 125,000 away from its goal. The looming launch of the game on consoles seems to have goosed the pace; the petition went from 10,000 to 100,000 signatures over a period of just nine days in November 2012, shortly after it launched, but took from then until early August 2013 to hit 300,000. Getting from that to the current mark took less than a month and a half.

Alas, not everyone shares that level of enthusiasm for a mouse-driven GTA V. A petition against [https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v] the PC edition of the game, "So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games," recently broke 10,000 signatures.

Source: Change.org [http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc]

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Like.. It is gonna come either way! If this was a few months into the future I wouldn't mind. Cause then I would be getting pissed as well.

But surely GTA PC fans is used to this by now? It always comes later.

PS: I know I am whining for no reason.. Sorry.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't doubt that the PC is getting a release, but like the last one, we will have forgotten about the game by the time it actually comes out. Petitions are usually useless anyway, with rare exception of course.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Online petitions, for or against, are irrelevant. GTA V will be released on PC unless Rockstar has a stroke and develops a crippling fear of money.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
True members of the Master Race do not beg publishers for games. Given the quality of Rockstar's games on the PC as of late I would not care one way or another.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
It will get a PC launch at some point, but I'm all for this. Even though I'm getting this for the PS3 tonight, I feel that all fans should be able to play the games they want.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
When the PC release comes, I probably won't buy it anyway, Rockstar can be spectacularly aggressive with their DRM and I don't fancy buying a game that will probably require three or four separate log-ins and a retail disc and make me istall registry altering files from SecuRom to be playable.

Then again, they might have learned their lesson from GTA IV and just use Steamworks instead.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Wow, a troll petition? I know I shouldn't be surprised by this at this point, but for some reason, I am.

I don't see why people beg Rockstar to release it. Rockstar knows that there's profit to be made, and all non-exclusive GTA games have gotten a PC release so far. I guess that there's no harm in trying.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Someone already dug through the code of GTA V and found PC related shit in there so it's only a matter of time.

But some of those posts on the 'Don't Make a PC Version of GTA V' are hilarious. They're as bad as those anti-console posts you see on Battlelog's blog.

Dollabillyall

Jul 18, 2012
Is the counterpetition actually suggesting you can't find and play pirated PS3 and xbox games on a pc?

Also: I didn't even know there wasn't a PC version until right now. I was actually considering going to buy it tomorrow...
But now I guess I'll just not buy it. Way to cheat yourself out of a sale there Rockstar.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
380,000-some at last check. I think the "don't port it to PC" petition may have pissed some people off.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
Rockstar does have a crippling fear of money and success I think. I'd have bought both GTA5 and RDR a long time ago if I could..they just wont let me give them my money.

Uncharted doesn't piss me off nearly as much since its suppose to be an exclusive, even thought it is also a great game I'd like to try. But Rockstar just seems lazy in their bad attempts at "combating piracy"..or whatever twisted reason they might have for delaying the PC versions for months, sometime years.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
"Stop stealing games?"

Pot, meet kettle. Not only is Grand Theft Auto V being pirated on consoles, they even broke the street date. If your only excuse for a lack of a PC port is 'pirates', why do you make games at all?

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Haha the petition against PC GTA V is laughable.

Do people still believe PC gamers are all pirates? I hope developers start to notice that consoles have pirates as well and start respecting the master race more.

Some people have nothing better to do, right?

I'm pretty sure it'll eventually come to PC, where it'll have its definitive version with better graphics and better controls.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Alas, not everyone shares that level of enthusiasm for a mouse-driven GTA V. A petition against [https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v] the PC edition of the game, "So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games," recently broke 10,000 signatures.
Bla bla bla. I always played GTA IV on my PC with a controller. On a Steam version. Which I bought.
In fact who ever made and signed that petition is so full of turd, they don't actually warrant mention or notice.

Souplex said:
Why waste resources on a small, dwindling market, with a habit of stealing your product?
Are you talking about the PS3, 360 or PC there?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Where's the petition to not make it a shoddy port? Because GTAIV (EFLC) is the only game this computer I'm typing this on has ever had problems running, and it looked like crap because of the stupid movie filter they get on all the time.

MonkeyPunch said:
Souplex said:
Why waste resources on a small, dwindling market, with a habit of stealing your product?
Are you talking about the PS3, 360 or PC there?
Well, it must not be PC, because it's the only market where people aren't jumping ship due to a promised next generation.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Souplex said:
Because console owners are willing to pay a £20 mark up on price. :p