Grand Theft Auto V PC Scam Infects Computers With Malware

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
It does look like the shoddiest piece of shod ever to be shud, but in fairness, if a 12-year old really wants something to be true they are often willing to overlook the scam warning signs.

Mar 30, 2010
"You invited Beta tester GTA V to Windows"?

Wow, that comes just behind "You winner of lottery, make money big-big!" in terms of the most obviously fake e-mails out there.

BL-4CT

Apr 2, 2010
"Here,you're invited the the Grand Theft Auto V PC Beta Test!
Take this link called Promo code.zip from this mail in Slovak.
What? You did not sign it to any Beta before? Fuck that, this is legit as fuck."

Was my first impression.

tranceformat

Mar 14, 2012
Noooo,we slovaks already have enough to be ashamed of and now this? :(
Although if you fall for this sort of crap nowadays,you deserve it.The prospect of a PC version of GTAV sounds nice,yes but come on,you're a quick google search away from not getting screwed over here.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
If anything, this proves that a lot of professed PC gamers only bother with their hardware and their baseline ability to play games. In all honesty, if you consider yourself a PC gamer, you should also have a working knowledge of basic computer maintenance and of the major threats to your safety. No serious PC user should or could fall for something that's so clumsily put together.

The very fact that some people have fallen for this makes me want to pick the unfortunate victims one by one, stick them in an auditorium, and remind them that their rosy expectations have never, and will never have any grasp on reality.

I'd like to have GTA V on PC too. Until official word drops down from Rockstar's lofty heights, however, I won't hold my breath - despite the repeated rumor mills stating that there's been a spate of PC-related hires at Casa Houser.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
CBanana said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rockstar i blame you directly for this, will you release a freakin' port already?
Rockstar is just waiting for Half Life 3 to be released so they can give it a wide berth and have a much less divided PC audience. Who can fault them for that logic?
of course! brilliant!