Grand Theft Auto VI Hinted at on Mo-cap Actor's Resume

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Grand Theft Auto VI Hinted at on Mo-cap Actor's Resume

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1420/1420052.jpg

Of course, this could still turn out to be a typo, or a misprint, or it could be real. There's no way to know right now.

While it's certainly no surprise that GTA VI would be in the works, it does seem like it will be a while before we hear anything official on the next installment in the open-world series. After all, Rockstar has Red Dead Redemption 2 on the docket for 2018, which would likely mean we don't see GTA VI until 2019 at the earliest. When it does finally come to fruition, you can bet that you'll see a lot of familiar things in the game, including a robust online component like GTA Online.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
No kidding!
GTA 6???
They are making another one of those?

I would never have guessed that such a popular game series would release another one? Wow!

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
I hope it takes place in Vice City with expanded countryside of Florida.
either this or somewhere outside of USA.

Like London for example, get some British humour in there! Most likely Vice City though.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Ezekiel said:
Veldie said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Fun time Gator time :D
You just made me think of GTA Australia. The outback, Sidney, guns, funny accents... The only thing I don't like is that they drive on the wrong side of the road.
As if that would matter to anyone playing. For them, there is only one side of the road: Theirs.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
The problem with Vice City is that it worked because of the era it was set in which is fine they could just do that again the problem comes with how they trigger missions and activities in the online part of the game with out breaking immersion just now you pull out your smart phone and select the activity, very straight forward. How do you do that in a game set in the 80's?

Not that it matters I suspect the next GTA is going to push very hard on online materials and could even possibly drop the single player aspect altogether. I would even go as far as to say they may start trying to do a subscription system, of course to pull that off the mechanics of the game will have to be seriously improved. They'll need to drop the awful peer to peer system that sees you jumping from host PS4 to PS4 each time you do a different job, they'll need to make activies more robust with better more robust lobby options, how stupid is it that any activities involving teams allows players to start with uneven teams?

The biggest thing though is the amount of content in GTA 5 Online just now is stupid, I mean yeah it's great because you have a world of choice but the issue is that players seem to spend most of their time either doing the biggest money earners, whatever is new and popular or whatever Rockstar are throwing their 2 x $ incentive at. On top of that alot of the activities are just cr*p, stuff thrown in with just enough ground work to make them functional but beyond that... well tiny racers anyone?

Rockstar need to trim down the best stuff, look at how they can make it more robust and involving, imagine the racing with an over arcing street racer theme, a proper league, where you can earn rep and respect it means folk who actually race get marked up where as the non stop rammers and griefers get black flagged. The quality racers get to compete against each other in proper races for better prizes, maybe even pink slips the grifers get sidelined to their own race series, maybe a destruction derby style race where they can smash and bash and rage all day long for the pittance they deserve. What about team death matches that rate player on team work, their weapon talent, weather they rage quit when they are losing again allowing decent, fair consistent players to compete in better events for better rewards were as the RPG spamming rage quitters get to fight for the honour of who can rage quit first.

Their is so much potential to add polish to a range of the activities, but polishing doesn't sell shark cards, endless new and ho hum content does so I suspect what we will get, is an online system very similar with to what exists now, again the core activities will be their from the start hopefully given a bit of a spit shine with what ever Rockstar have learned over the last few years, hope above hope with a better back end matching and infrastructure system (I doubt that though) and then we will get what we have now, a slow gradual introduction of what could be consider the more popular activities being put back in to the game, again hopefully with a bit of a spit shine with new stuff being thrown in once in a while.

Yeah, but they also have to get used to the steering wheel being on the wrong side in first person view, lest they smash up their new cars. Darn British Empire, thinking they're so special.
I know it's not our fault we drive on the correct side of the road while the rest of the planet decided to do things wrong by driving on the right... and who on earth is actually choosing to use First Person in GTA, it's fucking awful.